August 06, 2020, 02:20:11 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 372389 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #2355 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »
Well that was eventful!
Chelsea took the lead, good goal..
Good goal setup by suarez for sturridge..
Stupid penalty caused by Suarez..
Glorious equaliser set up by sturridge for suarez...

supposed biting...i want to see the pictures of his mortal wound..

Woeful midfield...we need at least 4 good midfielders..shelvey, downing,
at times chelsea took us apart...

we need a world class manager....who will BEG suarez to stay...if we don't we're done...

Yet again we concede two goals and yet again we fail to take 3 points. Still, phil the losophy can't be faulted, he played a blinder as he always does.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 22, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
Sorry Tes and everyone.  Not been around much of late.  I had put together a post 4 or 5 days ago, a long and detailed one, but then my pc crashed before I could post it.  Grrrrr.

Fed up at the latest Suarez thing.

The media have again targetted another key member of the club.  They are only too happy to mock and ridicule the regions outside London, but they especially target the Liverpool region.  It has to stop. 

Their endless ridiculing of Benitez was, to my mind, nothing short of pure bigotry.

They now have a new target, Luis Suarez.  If the lad as much as breaks wind, or spits, they crucify him.

Yes, of course, biting is never acceptable.  But look at those giving the sermons - the scum of the London press, and the pundits who committed far worse crimes themselves - e.g. listen to Souness spouting, and then recall him breaking the jaw of the Dynamo Bucharest player in 84.  Or listen to Shearer, and think back to him attacking a prone Neil Lennon. 

Simon Burnton at the Guardian called it right, today, saying: "Perhaps we need to rethink where spitting and biting dispassionately deserve to be placed on sport's crime sheet. Without wishing to exonerate him, Suárez's actions were neither massively violent nor necessarily evil, and something about his ongoing demonisation sticks in the craw.  His biting certainly seemed extremely weird, but can the same not be said of our approach to the mouth?"

But it's part of a wider bias/discrimination.  I was interested to read a review of a TV show in today's Guardian, that referred to this bias.  The reviewer, Lauren Woods, says:  "if we're talking about the subject of inclusiveness, could they please do something about their portrayals of people from the North?  Northern shows, whether they are sitcoms, dramas or light entertainment, almost always include negative portrayals of the region and its people."

The Suarez incident, though regrettable  was (in the grand scheme of things) a nothing incident. 

The bias/hatred and discrimination of the London-based-media has to end.

If I were chairman of the club, I'd convene a meeting of the club with the London newspapers.  I'd inform them that this bigotry has to stop.  And threaten to ban their people from Anfield and Melwood.  Indeed, at the meeting, I'd have representatives of the largest Liverpool fan associations.  And the threat of a S*n-style boycott of all their newspapers in the Liverpool region could be used.

Enough is enough.  The bigotry of the scum in London, in the 4 or 5 national newspaper offices, is clear to see.  Start going on the offensive.  Let's not be victims any longer.  Nail these barstewards.  And if need be, threaten them with legal proceedings.   The courts hate those involved in racism and bigotry.  And such people should never be allowed to hold a newspaper license.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 23, 2013, 03:04:08 AM »
Sorry Tes and everyone.  Not been around much of late.  I had put together a post 4 or 5 days ago, a long and detailed one, but then my pc crashed before I could post it.  Grrrrr.

Fed up at the latest Suarez thing.

The media have again targetted another key member of the club.  They are only too happy to mock and ridicule the regions outside London, but they especially target the Liverpool region.  It has to stop. 

Their endless ridiculing of Benitez was, to my mind, nothing short of pure bigotry.

They now have a new target, Luis Suarez.  If the lad as much as breaks wind, or spits, they crucify him.

Yes, of course, biting is never acceptable.  But look at those giving the sermons - the scum of the London press, and the pundits who committed far worse crimes themselves - e.g. listen to Souness spouting, and then recall him breaking the jaw of the Dynamo Bucharest player in 84.  Or listen to Shearer, and think back to him attacking a prone Neil Lennon. 

Simon Burnton at the Guardian called it right, today, saying: "Perhaps we need to rethink where spitting and biting dispassionately deserve to be placed on sport's crime sheet. Without wishing to exonerate him, Suárez's actions were neither massively violent nor necessarily evil, and something about his ongoing demonisation sticks in the craw.  His biting certainly seemed extremely weird, but can the same not be said of our approach to the mouth?"

But it's part of a wider bias/discrimination.  I was interested to read a review of a TV show in today's Guardian, that referred to this bias.  The reviewer, Lauren Woods, says:  "if we're talking about the subject of inclusiveness, could they please do something about their portrayals of people from the North?  Northern shows, whether they are sitcoms, dramas or light entertainment, almost always include negative portrayals of the region and its people."

The Suarez incident, though regrettable  was (in the grand scheme of things) a nothing incident. 

The bias/hatred and discrimination of the London-based-media has to end.

If I were chairman of the club, I'd convene a meeting of the club with the London newspapers.  I'd inform them that this bigotry has to stop.  And threaten to ban their people from Anfield and Melwood.  Indeed, at the meeting, I'd have representatives of the largest Liverpool fan associations.  And the threat of a S*n-style boycott of all their newspapers in the Liverpool region could be used.

Enough is enough.  The bigotry of the scum in London, in the 4 or 5 national newspaper offices, is clear to see.  Start going on the offensive.  Let's not be victims any longer.  Nail these barstewards.  And if need be, threaten them with legal proceedings.   The courts hate those involved in racism and bigotry.  And such people should never be allowed to hold a newspaper license.

Absolutely agreed with that one Dude. After watching the match with a tw*t bounder called 'Chelsea Geoff'. He was spouting off all the old one liners about northerners. I gave him as good as i got, but i was the only one in a bunch of northerners who fought back. Most people have become sheep, that's why i left.
It is absolute bigotry and the only northern team which doesn't get this type of treatment is manure. Probably because they're terrified of Fergie, but once he goes, it'll be open season.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:48 AM »
Absolutely agreed with that one Dude. After watching the match with a tw*t bounder called 'Chelsea Geoff'. He was spouting off all the old one liners about northerners. I gave him as good as i got, but i was the only one in a bunch of northerners who fought back. Most people have become sheep, that's why i left.
It is absolute bigotry and the only northern team which doesn't get this type of treatment is manure. Probably because they're terrified of Fergie, but once he goes, it'll be open season.

yes, Barticus.  It is clear bigotry.  If the London media were aiming this endless vitriol and ridicule at blacks or gays, they would be crucified.

But here we are, cometh another month, and another example of hatred aimed at Liverpool.

I despise the scum in London newspapers.  They are down there with politicians and big business.  Pure undiluted scum.

And here is the latest Chris Bacombe column (see link below).  I cannot see how this fecker will ever show his face in Liverpool again.

Personally, I advocate a boycott of the Telegraph in Liverpool.  Heck, I had had enough last week, when they employed Kelvin Mackenzie.  That was enough for me.  This latest sh.it.storm is the last of it. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10009862/Luis-Suarez-will-stay-at-Liverpool-and-there-will-be-more-bizarre-incidents-like-bite-on-Branislav-Ivanovic.html
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 23, 2013, 03:58:03 AM »
and why didn;t we hear the London media go apesh.it about Defoe biting the Villa lad.

Pure undiluted bigotry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6076094.stm

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 23, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Flying in two footed in a way that end a player's career is judged to be far less an offence than doing a Homer Simpson on someone's arm.
It was more weird than malevolent, three matches and let's move on.

Some of the tackles we've seen let go unpunished, a yellow at best, could have had more far reaching consequences than what Luis did, and let's be honest here, Ivanovic is hardly backward at coming forward with his elbows and any other underhand move.

I wish Luis would just cut it out, for his sake, more than anything, but there's too many rushing to mock horror and indignation.

I notice the fun Di Canio has put back into football for the Mackems hardly gets a mention. Now, I wonder how he would have been compared to that other 'entertainer' Mourinho, if he'd replaced Rafa at Chelsea.

This nation always has been and always will be Londoncentric (and the South East). I don't bother with most of the media anymore. They've just made themselves an irrelevance with their nonsense.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 24, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »
This nation always has been and always will be Londoncentric (and the South East). I don't bother with most of the media anymore. They've just made themselves an irrelevance with their nonsense.

10 game ban.  The bigots have won.

the Independenty even had an article referring to Suarez as a chimp.  Absolute bigotry/racism, masquerading as a moral sermon.  If I were in Britain, I'd submit a complaint to the police.  Someone should.

any Latin player would be well advised to not come to an English club, especially Liverpool. 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 24, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
10 game ban.  The bigots have won.

the Independenty even had an article referring to Suarez as a chimp.  Absolute bigotry/racism, masquerading as a moral sermon.  If I were in Britain, I'd submit a complaint to the police.  Someone should.

any Latin player would be well advised to not come to an English club, especially Liverpool.

He'd have been better off going in two footed on Ivanovic's neck.

It's a joke, though not totally unexpected with the pillocks at the FA that make things up as they go along and and the totally weak bottom administration at the club.

If it had been a Manc player or an England international then the outcome would have nothing more than the normal 3 game ban - how many did Defoe get?

Luis will be off in the Summer now and I don't blame him. He deserves better then this.

I imagine the FA checked with 'Sir Alex' to see if the punishment was suitable.

Now we'll see how many goals 'the philosophy' gets us for the rest of the season and the start (whole) of the next season.
Brendan's already got his excuse reason for next season 'after our difficult start'.

Luis was stupid, no argument there, but theere was no threat to Ivanovic's career, he didn't bite anything off and it was no worse than a deliberate stamp or a career ending two footed launch. The punishment is so over the top and inbalanced it's ridiculous.

I haven't read our response as I'm not mentally psyched up enough to be so underwhelmed.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
Defoe, England international yellow card  Vs 10 match ban Suarez, dirty foreigner.

Has anyone else heard of the rule change that altered biting from a yellow card offence to 333% increase on a headbutt or two footed attacked straight red card.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 24, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »
Suarez Cheated By Incompetent FA | The Tomkins Times | News, Opinion, Statistics and Discussion about Liverpool FC Football Club

It’s easy to laugh at Liverpool fans getting indignant about Luis Suarez’s 10-game ban, and listing all manor of lesser punishments for more serious crimes (Ben Thatcher and Paul Davis to name but two) but it shows definite signs of bias in the FA’s thinking. Suarez has been singled out for who he is, rather than the crime he committed.

What Suarez did was wrong, but it was barely dangerous. It is childish and almost feral, and he needs anger management more than Charlie Sheen, but anyone in their right mind would rather have a soft bite that doesn’t even break the skin than all manner of premeditated assaults we see on a football pitch. True, we don’t want to see our children biting each other in the playground. But unless they are losing earlobes or noses, it’s preferable to them elbowing each other in the face or stamping on their stomachs. A ban had to handed down, but ten games is ludicrous.

John Terry’s four-game ban for racism looks increasingly lenient. Unlike Terry, Suarez has never been red-carded in England. Also unlike Terry, Suarez is not English. If you play for or captain the FA’s team it seems that you’ll get away with a hell of a lot more. Ask Neil Lennon, who was stamped on by Alan Shearer. The FA fudged the entire issue.

And what about when Robert Huth stamped on Suarez? That was pretty clear, too. It all just seems such a random mess, what your punishment will be. If you’re not liked by the FA, they will make up the rules as they go along. I’d imagine that Suarez feels cheated right now, given the ludicrous nature of his punishment.

If it insists on cracking down on this with disproportionate punishment, the time has clearly come for the FA to act on serious assaults that the referee thinks he has seen (but obviously hasn’t if he only issues a stern warning or yellow card). Seven years ago Jermain Defoe was merely booked for clearly biting future Liverpool star Javier Mascherano. The ref saw it. But it makes you wonder how he considered it no more than a yellow card offence and how the FA now consider biting to be a treble red-carder.

So many violent assaults this season have gone unpunished because the refs merely thought they saw the incidents, but clearly hadn’t. It seems totally arbitrary to face a subsequent punishment depending on the incompetence of the referee that day. If he is competent he sees it for what it is. But if he’s not too competent, he will read the situation wrong and you get away with it. Equally, if he’s not incompetent and merely unsighted, you are in trouble.

Mistakenly perceived acts of violence that lead to red cards can be overturned if it transpires that it wasn’t as bad as first thought, but serious violence that’s yellow-carded cannot be interfered with. I’m all for protecting the authority of referees but if they make a dreadful mistake it should be reviewable. All in all, the FA’s disciplinary sanctions are a farce. The sooner it dispenses with key personnel from major Premier League clubs the better.

Ten games is what you’d expect if Suarez bit off Ivanovic’s ear and spat it in the ref’s face. It would be the work of a monster, not a daft and inexplicable bite that didn’t even break the skin. The trouble is, the FA see Suarez as a monster. He’s been cast in that role by the media.

Suarez is by all accounts a lovely family man, but he’s also one who totally loses the plot when he crosses the white line. The FA and the media have turned him into a caricature.

Now the player has to decide whether to stay in England or move to Spain, where he’d be more understood. If Liverpool stand by him, as they appear to be doing, then he will feel a further sense of loyalty, but he must weigh that up against a country that seems violently opposed to him, with the FA clearly trying to drive him away. Even though Liverpool fans feel let down by his actions, I’m sure this punishment will only make fellow Reds love him even more.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 24, 2013, 09:48:51 PM »
Defoe, England international yellow card  Vs 10 match ban Suarez, dirty foreigner.

Has anyone else heard of the rule change that altered biting from a yellow card offence to 333% increase on a headbutt or two footed attacked straight red card.

good article from Tomkins.  Thanks for posting it, Tes.

oh, it's pure bigotry, Tes, on the part of the authorities and the London media.  We have known this for a long time.  They were just waiting for any opportunity to put the boot into him and Liverpool.

They did (and are continuing to do) the exact same to Benitez.

It is pure undiluted bigotry.  Yes, it's the Johnny Foreigner thing - but it's more than that.   Their hatred is aimed at the Liverpool region, at Latin people (Rafa and Louis).  But note, they focus on top people at the club.....people who threaten to make the club successful.

1) If I were an English colleague of Louis, at Anfield, I would tell the FA that my England career is over and that I no longer wish to be selected for international football. 

2) And the club should make a statement at their concern over the bigotry and bias aimed at the club, by the authorities and the London media. 

3) I would recommend a total ban on all Telegraph personnel at Anfield and Melwood.  Bascombe and Winter are no longer welcome. 

4) Liverpool fan associations, led by Spirit of Shankly, should launch a total boycott of purchases of the Telegraph newspaper. 

5) worldwide - a total boycott by all our fans across the world, of any FA sponsored products or services.

That will do for a start.  We have one massive thing in our favour - we have millions of supporters across the globe.  Let's not be the victim all our lives.  Let's bully the bullies.  And see who cries first.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »
Totally agree, Dude.

The FA harp on about upholding standards in the game. When it suits them they do it, but only when it suits.

If they were truly serious about upholding standards of behaviour, then why appeal the Rooney ban for something they themselves would have handed out in a similar situation in the PL?

Roy Keane only got 8 matches for for ending a player's career, something he admitted he was intent on doing.

The crime hasn't been punished, the character created by Taggart and the media, has.

It was bite, one that didn't even break the skin, nevermind draw blood or remove a piece of Ivanovic's body (ala Tyson on Holyfield).

They were satisfied with the action the referee took against Defoe, yet not Suarez. The referee is supposed to be in charge of the match, he is the appointed custodian, so whatever he does or doesn't do should be upheld.
We don't have retrospectively awarded penalties or even goals that he misses. Everyone agrees to abide by the referee's ruling within the game.

Here's the perspective, taken from:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/22/branislav-ivanovic-luis-suarez-biting

Ivanovic was checked over for injuries by Chelsea after the game – there were none – and the Met police officer who visited the club's training ground also looked for bite marks or bruises. He too saw nothing. The officer, acting with the police on Merseyside, asked Ivanovic whether he wanted to press charges. He did not.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 24, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »
I await what Rodgers has to say, seeing as he has plenty to say on everything else.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 24, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
Totally agree, Dude.

The FA harp on about upholding standards in the game. When it suits them they do it, but only when it suits.

If they were truly serious about upholding standards of behaviour, then why appeal the Rooney ban for something they themselves would have handed out in a similar situation in the PL?

Roy Keane only got 8 matches for for ending a player's career, something he admitted he was intent on doing.

The crime hasn't been punished, the character created by Taggart and the media, has.

It was bite, one that didn't even break the skin, nevermind draw blood or remove a piece of Ivanovic's body (ala Tyson on Holyfield).

They were satisfied with the action the referee took against Defoe, yet not Suarez. The referee is supposed to be in charge of the match, he is the appointed custodian, so whatever he does or doesn't do should be upheld.
We don't have retrospectively awarded penalties or even goals that he misses. Everyone agrees to abide by the referee's ruling within the game.

Here's the perspective, taken from:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/22/branislav-ivanovic-luis-suarez-biting

Ivanovic was checked over for injuries by Chelsea after the game – there were none – and the Met police officer who visited the club's training ground also looked for bite marks or bruises. He too saw nothing. The officer, acting with the police on Merseyside, asked Ivanovic whether he wanted to press charges. He did not.

totally agree, Tes.  The FA are a shambles.  It is one law for an english/british lad, especially United lads....and another law for Johnny Foreigner/Liverpool. 

it has to stop.....and like newspaper hacking, it will not stop until the bullies  are confronted and shouted down.

I have not been reading RAWK and the other forums, but I hope our fans can see through the BS.  I hope the fan groups are mobilising and planning boycotts.  The only thing the newspaper scum, and the FA scum, understand, is MONEY.  Once you start to hit them in the pocket, they cry.  Let's make them holler.