October 22, 2020, 04:33:45 AM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 403307 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #840 on: November 28, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »
*A poor pass, dubious peno, outrageous disallowance of goal in the derby, dubious off-side call last weekend is what potentially separates us from lying 3rd.

* Teams are throwing away points everywhere meaning a good 2nd half of this season could change things around completely.

sounds like we need to employ a lucky manager.

our last three bosses never seem to get a fair run of the dice.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 28, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »
Boring, really.

So you see Tes, it's not the criticism of the manager I find it hard to take, it's the malicious, yet totally uncalled for, attitude towards him that makes me sick. Just as the fact you constantly feel a need to ride out to their defence while at the same time saying you're not taking sides.

What's the point Martin, when you don't read what I wrote. You're reasoning for the criticism is wrong. Yet again you blame it on Benitez's sacking. If you understood that any criticism of Rodgers is based on Rodgers, that's R-O-D-G-E-R-S, not R-A-F-A, then I wouldn't feel the need to comment as much.
I feel no inclination to 'defend' anyone and even less, see a need to.

If you'd been on here when Benitez was in charge you'd have seen the same questioning of aspects of his actions as you do of Rodgers. Malicious? That would be when people react with emotion, like EVERYONE on here does from time to time and I mean both myself and you very definately in that. No one escapes the finger. Players make fine targets but the manager is out of bounds?

And what's this about 'sides'? Define who or what the 'sides' are, because I'm just not seeing to what your are refering. That seems a rather odd comment to make. I can only presume that you are somehow seeing things or apportioning some sort of pidgeon holing to either people or comments or opinions or something and then splitting people or opinions or whatever into some sort of, I don't know, 'sides' is the word you are using.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 28, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
I mean, just commenting on how the manager was quoted in a post-game PC with all the knowledge we have about how journo's twist and turn every word uttered says a lot really.

Martin, the quotes used were Rodgers' own words to which questions were put as to what they were meaning about the state of the club, the owners attitude, how he saw the current squad, numbers of new players required etc. They weren't comments on an article or a journalist's interpretation, rather the actual quotes were used and questions asked directly about what he was meaning and thinking with using the words he did.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 28, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
Do you know what, fork this.

The club is fornicating brilliant.
The owners are the best in history.
Ian Ayre is a giant amongst CEOs.
Brendan Rodgers will prove to be the best manager ever, if he isn't already.

Let's not say anything unless it's uber positive. Let's turn a blind eye to anything else.

shed, even the manure around the roses in our garden smell of lavender, it's that fornicating marvellous in LFC land.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 28, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
Do you know what, fork this.

The club is fornicating brilliant.
The owners are the best in history.
Ian Ayre is a giant amongst CEOs.
Brendan Rodgers will prove to be the best manager ever, if he isn't already.

Let's not say anything unless it's uber positive. Let's turn a blind eye to anything else.

shed, even the manure around the roses in our garden smell of lavender, it's that fornicating marvellous in LFC land.

I am tempted to go this direction too, for a period of time.   8)

moi, ed, barticus, gurdeep etc could all follow your lead.

but one has to ask why martin had no issues with previous managers (when their words were twisted in the media, or they were questioned endlessly about issues). 

indeed, it is not the owners, the club, the players, etc that Martin defends, it is solely Brendan Rodgers.

And I fail to understand such a stance.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 28, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »
Boring, really.

I don't mind at all criticism of Brendan Rodgers, not at all. My gripes are with the constantly unbalanced comments that are made on here and that springs out of a discontent of Rafa's sacking some 30 months ago.

And you know that for sure, for absolute certainty don't you? This is not RAWK. You have decided that must be the reason why anybody who sees ANYTHING wrong with what Rodgers does or says is being driven by some dumb ass agenda rather than being able to form opinions based solely on what they see or hear. And why? who knows?

It is not about Rafa Fuckin Benitez, it's about Rodgers. Brendan Rodgers. Brendan Rodgers, manager of Liverpool Football Club.

I've done my best to explain things to you. The likes of Dude, Ed, Juan, myself have been on here for much longer than just Brendan Rodgers tenure. I remember what was said during Benitez's reign. I remember who said what, who had what opinions etc, which is why you're pissing me off so much with your insistance that everything comes down to Benitez and can't be solely to do with how Rodgers has operated in all areas since his appointment. We'd all love to be fullsome in our praise of the owners, Ayre, Rodgers, everyone associated with the club. Maybe it's our generation. Maybe it's the age we grew up in. Maybe we have one less chromosome. But we can't turn blind eyes, we can't ignore. Maybe we're too harsh in our realism.

It's not about whether Rodgers should have been appointed. It's not whether Benitez should have been sacked, or when, early than he was, or should still be here.

It's alright for people to have a go at a player. To offer an opinion, to criticise, to praise, to do whatever, but not the manager. Why?

It doesn't matter whether he was wanted and by who or not wanted and by who.

Jeez can we not just discuss things like adults, without feeling the need for people to share our every view or opinion. Discuss, raise issues, offer opinions, whatever, whatever, but who cares who agrees or disagrees with anything, it's just the internet. There is no right or wrong, just opinions, representations of how different people, from different countries, of different ages, with different life experiences and different personalties see things.

F@ck this, I need a coffee.  ???   

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:16:21 PM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 28, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
And you know that for sure, for absolute certainty don't you? This is not RAWK. You have decided that must be the reason why anybody who sees ANYTHING wrong with what Rodgers does or says is being driven by some dumb ass agenda rather than being able to form opinions based solely on what they see or hear. And why? who knows?

It is not about Rafa Fuckin Benitez, it's about Rodgers. Brendan Rodgers. Brendan Rodgers, manager of Liverpool Football Club.

I've done my best to explain things to you. The likes of Dude, Ed, Juan, myself have been on here for much longer than just Brendan Rodgers tenure. I remember what was said during Benitez's reign. I remember who said what, who had what opinions etc, which is why you're pissing me off so much with your insistance that everything comes down to Benitez and can't be solely to do with how Rodgers has operated in all areas since his appointment. We'd all love to be fullsome in our praise of the owners, Ayre, Rodgers, everyone associated with the club. Maybe it's our generation. Maybe it's the age we grew up in. Maybe we have one less chromosome. But we can't turn blind eyes, we can't ignore. Maybe we're too harsh in our realism.

good post.

I just don;t understand why one would nail one's colours so firmly to the Jolly Rodger's mast.  When it is blatantly obvious that he is exceptionally inexperienced and comes with a pretty vacant CV (resume).

with the position that the club was in, this past summer, it made perfect sense to appoint a highly experienced manager.  I am no major fan of Van Gaal.  But I would have taken him a hundred times faster than Brendan.  He has got a good CV, winning trophies across various top european leagues.

I love LFC.  The club always comes first.  Individuals come a distant second.  Some other folk need to start getting their primary priorities in order.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 28, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
it is solely Brendan Rodgers.
BR needs to start exceeding the paltry expectations that he has set
for the club. That is the job of the LFC manager. It's a pressurised gig.

He needs to look in the mirror and ask himself if he is the best manager in the division.
Otherwise I honestly can't see a way forward given our resources and playing staff.

Rafa took over and reached the final of the CC club and won the CL
in his first season. Exceeded expectations.

BR can turn up at interviews representing LFC and spout on about
the same old sh*te but it just becomes stale after a while, may as
well be the manager of a fictional football club that bears no relation
to the club I support.

It is not about Rafa Fuckin Benitez
Hmmm...  ;D  ;D

Classic Tes!

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 28, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »
Tough game tonight. I expect a defeat, so anything apart from that for me would be a massive bonus.

I can't think of a harder place execpt for Old Toilet for us to get a win away from home.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 28, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »
Tough game tonight. I expect a defeat, so anything apart from that for me would be a massive bonus.

I can't think of a harder place execpt for Old Toilet for us to get a win away from home.

We don't exactly have the best recent record there. Edward, there's one thing we should all grateful of. Br Steve Bruce isn't their manager.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 28, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 28, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »

See what I mean about BR creating a defeatist attitude amongst
the supporters. Never the Liverpool way, not the club Shankly dragged
up from nothing to the heights of European success. Q.E.D.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/premierleague/form

Tonight's a biggie! I expect 3 at the back! Go there keep them quiet, maintain
possession and look to be clinical in the few chances and particularly set pieces
we create.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 28, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »
Tonight's a biggie! I expect 3 at the back! Go there keep them quiet, maintain
possession and look to be clinical in the few chances and particularly set pieces
we create.
Not much recovery time since Sunday but it's the same for Spurs. We could end up a point behind or seven adrift. Or just stay as now. Key players are Suarez, Sterling and Enrique. Love to see Lucas get a run out but just a little too soon sadly. We need to be more clinical with corners and finishing in general. Fingers are tightly crossed.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 28, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »
Not much recovery time since Sunday but it's the same for Spurs. We could end up a point behind or seven adrift. Or just stay as now. Key players are Suarez, Sterling and Enrique. Love to see Lucas get a run out but just a little too soon sadly. We need to be more clinical with corners and finishing in general. Fingers are tightly crossed.

It's like the Arsenal game last season, where a win left us four behind with a game in hand, the defeat left us 10 adrift.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 28, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »
It's like the Arsenal game last season, where a win left us four behind with a game in hand, the defeat left us 10 adrift.
We were undone by two quality strikes having dominated the entire game. Opposition tonight not as good as last season. Show no fear!!
Cheers,
Ray