October 17, 2019, 03:41:04 AM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 267369 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
good save by reina.

they;re cutting us open for fun.

since losing agger, you can see the real lack of strength in our defence.

and david brent was prepared to sell Agger.....what a muppet.

good day for clarke.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2012, 04:45:46 PM »
I said it before.....I would not be surprised if Brent was out by Christmas.  More likely April/May.   he is potentially worse than dalglish or woy.

Can we afford to be looking for yet another manager after one season? It's only the first game but if this is a taste to come we'll have little choice, especially if we miss out on any type of European football. But then we'd still have the same people choosing the next man as chose Dalglish and Rodgers.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
the muppets (owners and manager) were happy to sell the real quality that we had - kuyt and maxi.

well they now have plenty of time to stew in their own juices.

it's going to be a long hard season.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »
since losing agger, you can see the real lack of strength in our defence.

and david brent was prepared to sell Agger.....what a muppet.

Great point Dude. I know we're playing with one less, but Agger's absence really is noticable.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
Hope we're feeling strong tonight as we'll be holding up 19 other teams.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
Can we afford to be looking for yet another manager after one season? It's only the first game but if this is a taste to come we'll have little choice, especially if we miss out on any type of European football. But then we'd still have the same people choosing the next man as chose Dalglish and Rodgers.

like we have said a million times, Tes.......the problem is at the top.

why would any sane person allow the yankee muppets a third go at picking a new manager.

but if wba are ripping us apart for fun.....then we are in real major trouble.

there is a complete absense of tactics.......not dissimlar to dalglish;s outlook last year.  Brainless, headless chicken stuff.

rafa has forgotten more than david brent has ever learned.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »

why would any sane person allow the yankee muppets a third go at picking a new manager.

but if wba are ripping us apart for fun.....then we are in real major trouble.

there is a complete absense of tactics.......not dissimlar to dalglish;s outlook last year.  Brainless, headless chicken stuff.

rafa has forgotten more than david brent has ever learned.

Our players looked mentally weak after the sending off. You lose a player, everyone has to give 10% more. It's just so sad what we have become.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »
As for Joe Cole, well you just have to laugh.

We get rid of Dirk and Maxi to cut the wage bill, yet keep Cole. Sterling has to be in the squad, no, on the pitch for the next game. Cole no doubt will be out until beyond the end of the transfer window, so we'll be stuck with him. I'd have Sterling in there ahead of Downing. At least the young lad tries to do things, tries to make a difference.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
Why is it that so many footballers who don't even have the basic ability to pass a football to a team mate when playing a real game, not in training or friendlies etc,  find their way to our club?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Hope we're feeling strong tonight as we'll be holding up 19 other teams.

Make that only 17. Swansea put 5 past QPR, and Fulham minus their goalscorer did the same to Norwich.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »
I'd just like to congratulate Steve Clarke, always conducted himself
with a quiet dignity whilst at Anfield. Best of luck to him for the rest of
the season!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »

Dude, how does it change? It's like an alcoholic denying he's got a problem, nothing can change until he does.

Well nothing will change until Henry and Werner admit to what the problem is and install a group of people to totally run the club. The Glazers made sure that the same team at the top remained in place after they took over.

We need football people on the board, to advise the business brains on the subject matter that they've chosen to build a business on. A CEO, with knowledge, influence and negotiating skills.

It's hard to imagine how they could even go about selecting a manager. It's an amateur mistake to be impressed with someone do well after one season in the PL. Being impressed is fine and to a degree, understandable, but look beyond the surface and what do you find?
Maybe they thought, having seen Hodgson and Dalglish that experience was not the way to go, but not all experienced managers are like Roy, and most chairmen wouldn't touch a bloke who's been out of football for a decade or more, no matter how successful he'd been previously. Those two are probably the worse examples of an experienced manager you could possibly use and aren't representative of the likes of Rafa, Van Gaal, Ancellotti etc.

As I've often said a clued up CEO would have advised them to sit tight last Summer and wait for the inevitable to happen at Chelsea.

Why aren't the likes of Dein or Parry non-executive directors, on the board in an advisory position?

They know they know nothing of football and seem little bothered about immersing themselves in it to try and learn as quickly as possible, so it just exasperates me so much that they haven't brought in the required personnel to make their lack of knowledge a non-factor. It all starts with football, not money. The business aspect stems from the football, it's fueled and fed by the football, yet the board and senior administration simply doesn't reflect the fact that the business they are in is football.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »
I'd just like to congratulate Steve Clarke, always conducted himself
with a quiet dignity whilst at Anfield. Best of luck to him for the rest of
the season!

Totally agree, Ed. Even when he was sacked there was no fireworks in the media. He's not brought it up in the build up to the game and I doubt it will be a factor in the aftermath. He deserves to do well for the sort of football man and person that he is.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »
Dude, how does it change? It's like an alcoholic denying he's got a problem, nothing can change until he does.

Well nothing will change until Henry and Werner admit to what the problem is and install a group of people to totally run the club. The Glazers made sure that the same team at the top remained in place after they took over.

We need football people on the board, to advise the business brains on the subject matter that they've chosen to build a business on. A CEO, with knowledge, influence and negotiating skills.

It's hard to imagine how they could even go about selecting a manager. It's an amateur mistake to be impressed with someone do well after one season in the PL. Being impressed is fine and to a degree, understandable, but look beyond the surface and what do you find?
Maybe they thought, having seen Hodgson and Dalglish that experience was not the way to go, but not all experienced managers are like Roy, and most chairmen wouldn't touch a bloke who's been out of football for a decade or more, no matter how successful he'd been previously. Those two are probably the worse examples of an experienced manager you could possibly use and aren't representative of the likes of Rafa, Van Gaal, Ancellotti etc.

As I've often said a clued up CEO would have advised them to sit tight last Summer and wait for the inevitable to happen at Chelsea.

Why aren't the likes of Dein or Parry non-executive directors, on the board in an advisory position?

They know they know nothing of football and seem little bothered about immersing themselves in it to try and learn as quickly as possible, so it just exasperates me so much that they haven't brought in the required personnel to make their lack of knowledge a non-factor. It all starts with football, not money. The business aspect stems from the football, it's fueled and fed by the football, yet the board and senior administration simply doesn't reflect the fact that the business they are in is football.

Tes, it is quite straightforward, our owners have a choice - either they take the running of one of Europe's top clubs seriously, or else they sell up at the end of the season.

fans and media, are going to start asking some serious questions of our owners, come Christmas and the new year.  I would like (as I have said several times this summer) for them to leave. 

They have arrogantly treated their UK-based investment as a pet-project......and any major decisions have been bizarrely taken by themselves, despite f.eck all knowledge of football, premiership, or Europe.

In America, fans are much more subserviant......they take what they get.

But our yankee owners are in for a major surprise.  In Britain we do not lie down.....well not yet anyway......we do not dock our cap to the Trumps, Bushes and Hicks of this world. 

As you say above, like an alcoholic, THEY have to look in the mirror and admit that they are the ones with the problem.  I do not see that happening.  I think they are so well oiled/groomed with slick PR, as to not look arrogant.  But in their core, I think it is arrogance.

I think (and this is not the first time I have said it) that Brent may well be even worse than Woy or Wenny.

Brent and the yanks are badly advised, if they think the Kop is gonna stay silent this season, if we are not competing.

The yanks should sell up and leave. 

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »
I hope that fat cad Dowd dies in cancer. Two non penos and a non-existant sending-off won it for cad-Clarke. You could also say they had two men off-side in the first situation on their third, whereas we were wrongfully called off-side in open play in the first half. They'll get relegated, we won't so fork you Clarke you worthless cad.

Other than that we were weak (as per usual) in the last third. It's early days for the team but until the wrongful sending off we were the only footballing team on the pitch. They got a very very flattering scoreline.

How you naive Rafa lovers dare to make this bold and negative reactions based on one game is beyond me. You just won't rest til you get your  Spanish bitch back, will you?
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.