October 21, 2019, 09:42:58 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 270519 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »
I must admit I didn't see the whole game. In fact just the last 15 part from bits and pieces here and there. It was enough to to have me say Allen is the best signing for Liverpool in a very long time.

you see a new player for a mere 15 minutes and that is long enough to conclude that he is the best signing made by the club in a "very long time"?

what, better than kuyt?  better than mereless?  better than maxi?

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2012-2013
« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »
In Martins defence Dude, Allen does look like a good player based upon his performance against city.  Controlled the ball well and played some excellent balls to his team mates.  However, this was only his second game in a red shirt and by all accounts his performance in the WBA game was not all that.  If he continues like he did against city then we most definitely will have a good player on our books but time will tell the reality of things.....
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
you see a new player for a mere 15 minutes and that is long enough to conclude that he is the best signing made by the club in a "very long time"?

what, better than kuyt?  better than mereless?  better than maxi?

Ffs Dude, you know damn well I didn't base that on 15 minutes alone but on his performances against WBA and City where I think he was our MoTM by a country mile.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »
Allen has been magnificent for us and the heir apparent to Alonso. Only a fool will deny how brilliant he is and has been even in 180 odd mins for us.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »
So we have our new Allenso. Let's see just how good a manager Rodgers is. He's certainly been left with a lot less to do his job with, however, if he concentrates his best 11 on the league and give the youngsters time in the cups, we may just find we add to the squad from within.

One thing is certain, we won't make fourth, at least logic doesn't indicate we will, so we're left with hope.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »
I also thought last nite's game once and for all proved Suarez isn't and never will be an out and out goalscorer. Suarez should never be played in the center again.

I'd play Borini, or if/when Rodgers selects him, Morgan through the middle, with Suarez on the left, the position he played for Ajax.

So that just leaves the right side of the 3. Any ideas?

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
I'd play Borini, or if/when Rodgers selects him, Morgan through the middle, with Suarez on the left, the position he played for Ajax.

Options are limited Tes. It has to be Sterling, Pacheco. Can Assaidi play up top? Will we have to patch things up by sticking Gerrard up there. If we get any run of injuries we will be in serious trouble in term of personnel.

The promise of the City game has been somewhat dampened because whats gone on over the last few days.

Offline Juan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »
One positive I suppose, if there is a clause in Carrolls Hammers deal to say they have to sign him for 17 million if they stay up well then at least they are getting off to a flyer today by destroying Fulham.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »
Ffs Dude, you know damn well I didn't base that on 15 minutes alone but on his performances against WBA and City where I think he was our MoTM by a country mile.

Allen has been magnificent for us and the heir apparent to Alonso. Only a fool will deny how brilliant he is and has been even in 180 odd mins for us.

he may or may not be a top acquisition.

I am just unclear how you can come to the grand conclusion that (after 2 league games) he is the best player that the club has bought in many a long year.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2012, 03:50:34 PM »

yes, same here.........Borini, as an experiment, at the head of the spear.....suarez on the left (with orders to fecking pass the ball more often, and not be so greedy), Tobenamed on the right.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
Can Assaidi play up top?

any time I have seen Assaidi, he has always been on the left wing.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
Season 2012-2013
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
Headline over at skysports reads:

Andy Carroll starred on his debut for West Ham as he inspired the Hammers to a convincing 3-0 victory over Fulham at Upton Park.

ROFLMFAO.  Well done Liverpool, well done!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »

Agreed he looks quite decent...great promise in them thar hills...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
The options for our front '3' appear to be:

Suarez
Borini
Sterling
Morgan
Assaidi
Yasil

Maybe Gerrard on the right.

Make what you can of that.  :(

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »
In Martins defence Dude, Allen does look like a good player based upon his performance against city.  Controlled the ball well and played some excellent balls to his team mates.  However, this was only his second game in a red shirt and by all accounts his performance in the WBA game was not all that.  If he continues like he did against city then we most definitely will have a good player on our books but time will tell the reality of things.....

oh he does look like someone of good potential, gurdeep.

but some posters need to keep their feet on the ground.  The lad has played a mere two league games, and played well in one of those

for them to suggest that he is our best signing in years, is way over the top.  Far too early to make such a kneejerk conclusion.