November 11, 2019, 11:14:10 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 279990 times)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #615 on: November 04, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
Game over

That's the worst part, isnt it? That you know, in fact feel with every cell of your body, there aint' no way back for us. We start the 2nd half as we did the first. We won't score so after ca 10 minutes the game will even out before they score their second.

Totally depressed.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 04, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
And Anfield is like a fornicating library. So fed up with this romantic myth we have the super duper bestest fans in the world. By the sound of it, or rather lack of, we only sing when we win.

Gutted!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 04, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »
Sell Shelvey tomorrow!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 04, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »
Or preferrably, sell the waste of space tonite.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
Just sell him now. That was the 3rd sitter he missed. He's costing us the points.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »
LMAO...when the going gets tough martin and edward224 get going...ffs you criticise dude, ed, tes, me et al for giving constructive and wise criticism and you're laying judgement on a team that you're supposed to be backing til the end...very odd...fair play!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 04, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »
LMAO...when the going gets tough martin and edward224 get going...ffs you criticise dude, ed, tes, me et al for giving constructive and wise criticism and you're laying judgement on a team that you're supposed to be backing til the end...very odd...fair play!

I'm sorry for being frustrated from watching a professional footballer missing out on 3 sitters inside 20 minutes costing us not only 3 points but also a ticket back into this season.

I'm behing the manager and the team, just wish I never get to see Shelvey play in a red shirt anytime soon. What's your problem?

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 04, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »
Suso for me is not a right sided midfielder. He is a central attacking midfielder not a right side attacking midfielder.

Downing was a waste of space when he came on too.

For me Gerrard has to partner Suarez, so I would up until January adjust tactics and play as thus:-

---------------------------------Reina----------------------------

----Johnson---------Skrtel------------Agger-----------Enrique-----------

---------------Henderson------Allen-----------Sahin--------------------

-------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------

-------------------------------Suarez--------------------------------------

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 04, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »
Suso for me is not a right sided midfielder. He is a central attacking midfielder not a right side attacking midfielder.

Downing was a waste of space when he came on too.

For me Gerrard has to partner Suarez, so I would up until January adjust tactics and play as thus:-

---------------------------------Reina----------------------------

----Johnson---------Skrtel------------Agger-----------Enrique-----------

---------------Henderson------Allen-----------Sahin--------------------

-------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------

-------------------------------Suarez--------------------------------------

Good idea, it's just that it seems to anticipate we're constantly reduced to 10 men. :P

Agree, Suso was a waste of space today. He's not a starter at this moment no matter how thin the squad is. Downing just meant it was 10 vs 10 towards the end. And then we have Shelvey. Ah, don't get me started. Not good enough for the reserves and never will be good enough to occupy even a place on the bench. Cost us a vital win today whit his ineptitude.

Other than that the performance was pretty good and we should've won it 3 or 4-1. They had 2 shots at goal, we had 10, it finished 1-1. Says it all really. Gerrard MUST be played in a more attacking role if we are to have any chance to turn those draws into wins.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 04, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »

I'm behing the manager and the team, just wish I never get to see Shelvey play in a red shirt anytime soon. What's your problem?

i have no problem mate...but any player can have a rotten game...to never want to see him in a liverpool shirt again seems a tad...extreme...
is the adoration of the virgin brendan also to that extreme?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 04, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
Suso and Shelvey are young men learning their trade, learning to play under pressure, learning to play in front of 40,000 people instead of 10, they will make mistakes, they will make poor decisions - it's what being young does to you.

They are all we have. Some of the more senior, older, supposedly wiser players are a far greater disappointment.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 04, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »

I was chuckling to myself as well Barticus (like the mad man I am) reading Edward and Martin's public soul bearing.

It's just some people see it earlier than others, some see it choose to ignore it in the hope it will get better.

All of what we've seen this season is to be expected. Our club is in the middle of a perfect storm - 20 years of weak, then scandalous ownership, new owners who are neither knowledgeable or come from a country that immerses itself in football, a weak CEO, a young, very inexperienced manager (coaching is different to managing) and a threadbare squad, padded out with young players being expected and needed to offer as much as senior pros and a transfer budget that would struggle to buy the weekly shopping in your average middle class household.   

Therefore we have two things only, hope and faith. All we can do is try and keep believing that at some point the tide will change.

During that time there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, pointing out what we think is wrong and offering up suggestions as to alternatives. That comes from the desire to see things put right and go right, and let's allow eachother to feel the different things, in the different ways, we all as individuals will do.

Let's avoid personal abuse of individual players, the manager or each other, as there's more than enough of that coming from opposition fans and the media, but calling out a player when they've under-performed is perfectly acceptable, afterall, they have a responsibility to give 100% and nothing less to our club.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 04, 2012, 11:54:43 PM »
And Anfield is like a fornicating library. So fed up with this romantic myth we have the super duper bestest fans in the world. By the sound of it, or rather lack of, we only sing when we win.

Gutted!

It's what happens when you price out the 'core support' and replace it with those who will increase 'income per seat'. Football has become entertainment for the spectator and in those circumstances you don't get 'unconditional support'.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »
i have no problem mate...but any player can have a rotten game...to never want to see him in a liverpool shirt again seems a tad...extreme...
is the adoration of the virgin brendan also to that extreme?

It wasn't just this game tho, mate. He really couldn't build on his one great performance against the Young Boys, now could he? Oh, and for the record, I do  not think missing those sitters have anything at all to do with age, just ability or, rather, inability.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 05, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »
It's what happens when you price out the 'core support' and replace it with those who will increase 'income per seat'. Football has become entertainment for the spectator and in those circumstances you don't get 'unconditional support'.

I know, I know, still... When I go to Anfield (which isn't very often) at least I don't go as a spectator nor should anyone the way I see it. It got better after Suarez wonder goal. We need it earlier tho.