November 11, 2019, 11:10:40 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 279989 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #630 on: November 05, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »
LMAO...when the going gets tough martin and edward224 get going...ffs you criticise dude, ed, tes, me et al for giving constructive and wise criticism and you're laying judgement on a team that you're supposed to be backing til the end...very odd...fair play!
Agree, the most important thing today was the result and when
all the talk dies down it was a poor result for us.

I'm thinking Chelsea away next weekend and tbh seeing Roberto Martinez
plotting in the stands today didn't exactly fill me with confidence ahead
of the next home game.

I thought Newcastle defended very well today, that we didn't really create
any clearcut chances and were wasteful with corners and freekicks.

It's just completely ridiculous given our lack of options up front that
we're not making set-pieces count.

The reliance on Suarez is the other big worry, lad is playing out of his
skin for us at the moment, others need to step up!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
I don't know Ed, but it seems to reflect a need you have to always belittle the team. I would subscribe to most of what you say, but to suggest we didn't create enough clear cut chances takes away whatever credibility you have. But then again, you most often doesn't seem to watch the whole games.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 05, 2012, 12:53:15 PM »
LMAO...when the going gets tough martin and edward224 get going...ffs you criticise dude, ed, tes, me et al for giving constructive and wise criticism and you're laying judgement on a team that you're supposed to be backing til the end...very odd...fair play!

any player can have a rotten game...to never want to see him in a liverpool shirt again seems a tad...extreme...
is the adoration of the virgin brendan also to that extreme?

have to admit, that I had a good chuckle yesterday too, Barticus, when I came in and saw their posts.

they well and truly nailed their colours to the good ship, Jolly Rodgers, and ridiculed the rest of us (with much personal abuse), when we offered genuine analysis (based on much experience).

and now when the good ship, Jolly Rodgers, is aground, they jump ship like a plague of rats. 

But of course, they blame everything but Rodgers.  It's the players, it's the fans, it's the owners, it's the groundsman, it's the curse, it's the pressure, it's lack of time, it's lack of resources, it's lack of experience with new systems, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The bottom line - the only thing keeping the Jolly Rodgers project afloat is Luis Suarez. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 05, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
But of course, they blame everything but Rodgers.  It's the players, it's the fans, it's the owners, it's the groundsman, it's the curse, it's the pressure, it's lack of time, it's lack of resources, it's lack of experience with new systems, etc, etc, etc, etc.

It sure as hell isn't because of lack of Rafa tho, that I tell you. Rafa was found out, and it beggar's belief  that an all-knowing being like yourself couldn't tell when the rest of the would could.

They had two shots on goal, one went in and it was a rather nice one admittedly. We had 10 shots on goals. I remember during Rafa when it took us 15 games to assemble 10 shots on goals. Brrrr, ugly memory off you go.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 05, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
I don't know Ed, but it seems to reflect a need you have to always belittle the team. I would subscribe to most of what you say, but to suggest we didn't create enough clear cut chances takes away whatever credibility you have. But then again, you most often doesn't seem to watch the whole games.
Hey look i wasn't belittling, more criticising aspects.

Anyway, if we had such clearcut chances, name 'em?

because i didn't think Krul particularly busy. You might
also ask the question why Newcastle's game plan was
to allow us to keep the ball.

& i also find it worrying that your man BR is EARLY November
speaking about hypotheticals in the January transfer window.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 05, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
Hey look i wasn't belittling, more criticising aspects.

Anyway, if we had such clearcut chances, name 'em?

because i didn't think Krul particularly busy. You might
also ask the question why Newcastle's game plan was
to allow us to keep the ball.

& i also find it worrying that your man BR is EARLY November
speaking about hypotheticals in the January transfer window.

1) Shelvey in front of open goal 8 yards out after Suarez set him up.

2) Shelvey at the far post with no marking north of the Sahara's finishing on volley instead of doing it like Cabaye did.

3) Shelvey with free header and no marking some 4-5 yards infron of goal straight into the arms of Krul.

That's 3 extremly open chances of wich 2, IMHO, are to be considered sitters.

Then you have

4) Sterling set up by Suarez to the right but took to long to unleash.

5) Suarez from the right tho Krul made it hard for Luis.

6) Iron cast penalty on Suarez after 7-8 minutes after a reckless challenge from Collocini. I've seen at least 5 peno's called this season for much less than that.

As I said they had 2 on goal of which 1 went in an the other was a rather lame shot from some 27 yards out. Funny Pardew thought they deserved the win. Hilarious.

I can't fault the overall performance.

I can't fault team selection.

I can't fault tactical approach.

I can't fault Brendan Rodgers and most of the players.

But I do fault some of our players concentration and will to win in key situations. If we play like this and create this many chances we'll enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:16:58 PM by Martinmarx »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 05, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
It sure as hell isn't because of lack of Rafa tho, that I tell you. Rafa was found out

yeah, I wish he could be "found out" again......and soon.

Season by Season Record

2009/10
Premier League: 7th (63 points)
Europa League: Semi Final (lost to Atletico Madrid)
League Cup: 5th Round (lost to Arsenal)

2008/09
Premier League: 2nd (86 points)
Champions League: Quarter Final (lost to Chelsea)
FA Cup: 4th round (lost to Everton)
League Cup: 4th round (lost to Tottenham)

2007/08
Premier League: 4th (76 points)
Champions League: Semi-Final (lost to Chelsea)
FA Cup: 5th round (lost to Barnsley)
League Cup: 5th round (lost to Chelsea)

2006/07
Premier League: 3rd (68 points)
Champions League: RUNNERS-UP (lost to AC Milan in Final)
League Cup: QF (lost to Arsenal)

2005/06
Premier League: 3rd (82 points)
Champions League: Last 16 (lost to Benfica)
FA Cup: WINNERS (beat West Ham in Final)

2004/05
Premier League: 5th (58 points)
Champions League: WINNERS (beat AC Milan in Final)
League Cup: RUNNERS UP (lost to Chelsea)

BTW how has the club done since the overthrow of Rafa?  Heck, how has your big fave, Rodgers, got on? 

Ah, that's right, he has led us to our worst ever league start in the club's history.

it beggar's belief  that an all-knowing being like yourself couldn't tell when the rest of the would could.

They had two shots on goal, one went in and it was a rather nice one admittedly. We had 10 shots on goals. I remember during Rafa when it took us 15 games to assemble 10 shots on goals. Brrrr, ugly memory off you go.

when Rafa was turfed out, I was right then (in calling it madness); and I am still right, in that assessment.

but hey, I do not need to even say a single thing. 

you and edward have totally snookered yourselves.  I gave you enough rope, and you hung yourselves.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »

2) Shelvey at the far post with no marking north of the Sahara's finishing on volley instead of doing it like Cabaye did.

3) Shelvey with free header and no marking some 4-5 yards infron of goal straight into the arms of Krul.

Then you have

6) Iron cast penalty on Suarez after 7-8 minutes after a reckless challenge from Collocini. I've seen at least 5 peno's called this season for much less than that.

As I said they had 2 on goal of which 1 went in an the other was a rather lame shot from some 27 yards out. Funny Pardew thought they deserved the win. Hilarious.

well who is picking all these players, that you (above) consider cr.ap?

do these lads just beam down from Mars at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon, or is someone co-ordinating the events on the pitch?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 05, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
well who is picking all these players, that you (above) consider cr.ap?

do these lads just beam down from Mars at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon, or is someone co-ordinating the events on the pitch?

As I said, I have no complaints about the oerformance or his tactical approach. The team selection is what it is. There was once this manager who absolutely loved to offer ManC-like contracts to players of very mediocre quality with no prior experience of the PL. In fact this manager signed and sold on som 85 players in his 6 years in charge. As a result we ended up with a wage structure that make us look like the USA of footy. In comes a former legend who, instead of sorting the wage structure, spend som 120 million just for the fun of it on 3 at best inept players. It's in this situation Brendan steps in. He inherits arguably the weakest squad since Shankly took over, are not given the "tools" needed but still manage to make develop the team in a remarkable fashion.

Now, what is it that he does so horrendously wrong? I for one, for the first time since God knows when, actually enjoy watching us play. I for one, and despite my extreme inexperience and lack of proper knowledge of the game actually think there's something to this team despite its lack of quality in depth, despite the fact we only have one senior striker, despite the fact we have to overrely on kids.

All you do is moan about his inexperience and how you know  it would be so much better if Rafa was in place, and if this and if that and if what fukcing have you. He got his chance, he got 6 full seasons, he got money, he got rid of Parry, he got sole control of footy dealings, he got what ever the fukc he pointed at. Yet his footy went from brilliant to dull and uninspiring. But hey, we can always blame G & H - the cause of everything bad that happened to human kind since they nailed Jesus himself to that cross.

You'd be forgiven for thinking you're just a pathetic wind-up merchant.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 05, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »
As I said, I have no complaints about the oerformance or his tactical approach. The team selection is what it is. There was once this manager who absolutely loved to offer ManC-like contracts to players of very mediocre quality with no prior experience of the PL. In fact this manager signed and sold on som 85 players in his 6 years in charge. As a result we ended up with a wage structure that make us look like the USA of footy. In comes a former legend who, instead of sorting the wage structure, spend som 120 million just for the fun of it on 3 at best inept players. It's in this situation Brendan steps in. He inherits arguably the weakest squad since Shankly took over, are not given the "tools" needed but still manage to make develop the team in a remarkable fashion.

goodness, from the picture that you paint, it sounds like the club was in an awful lot of trouble.

you've made the case (better than I ever could) for the importance of the club bringing in a highly experienced manager this past summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 05, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »

Then you have

U're forgetting Stevie's punt from the half-way line, open goal  :P

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 05, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »
This is a reflection of our recent form. http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/premierleague/form

Better than Arsenal's!
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 05, 2012, 11:10:10 PM »
U're forgetting Stevie's punt from the half-way line, open goal  :P

7)  Stevie's punt from the half-way line, open goal.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 05, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
This is a reflection of our recent form. http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/premierleague/form

Better than Arsenal's!

Don't blaspheme Ray. Didn't you know we have the worst record in the history of this game? Didn't you know we have an inexperienced manager who couldn't win a game in League 2? I for one won't put it beyond us to win our next 4 homegames. Not saying it'll happen, just that it could. Next weekend we'll get trashed tho.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 05, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »
I know, I know, still... When I go to Anfield (which isn't very often) at least I don't go as a spectator nor should anyone the way I see it. It got better after Suarez wonder goal. We need it earlier tho.

Martin, you are excluded from what I meant above. There simply isn't enough 'non spectators' going now to make the difference. Too many are 'just glad to be there'. As a fellow OOT, though nowhere near as far away as you, I see it exactly the same way as you. If you want to 'watch' the match, do it at home in the comfort of the armchair.
You go to the match to support, to do what you can as a fan to get behind the team for the 90 minutes. The moaning can be done afterwards in the pub or on places like these, forums.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.