October 21, 2019, 09:26:05 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 270491 times)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »
no, Martin, your buddy continues with the nastiness.  And I question his ability or motivation, to say such things to my face.

You and Edward have alienated yourselves in here.  Your efforts are apologising the other day, were most welcome.  And I responded in kind.  But you need to have a word with your mate, Edward.  He prefers to continue posting this poison.  And it ruins the group. The vast majority of us in here want to post about the issues and have some fun.  Get onside.

But I am onside, my friend. I just don't like the way you're going about another member of this board. I haven't backed down from my apologies just because I ask you to behave maturely and constructively in here (only the hardcore Stalinist in you would think otherwise). Your rants about fighting it out man to man becomes, at best, tedious given you're in Panama if I remember correctly meaning it'll never be an option either way. And that's irrespective of anyone's opinion of engaging in a  physical fight with a member of your own tribe. You seem to be quick on jumping on and pointing at other people's shortcomings. That's fair enough in my book as long as you're willing to have a hard look inward and ask yourself in what way or capacity you contribute to this place being an island of intellectual integrity surrounded by an ocean of ignorance. That, however, you sadly had me believe you're not inclined or motivated to. Why that is only you can answer. You're better than this and I think you know it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:04:09 AM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 09, 2012, 12:11:19 AM »
I don't know why you sneer at posters for being somewhat underwhelmed
by the appointment of a coach who's only won the SFA cup? I don't know
why you object, given this pedigree, to our suspicions of giving him carte
blanche to do whatever he likes with one of the greatest sporting institutions
in the world? I have no idea at what point our goals for the season became
the January transfer window?

You got 3 questions. I only have one: Why is it so difficult to support the manager of the club you deem "one of the greatest sporting institution in the World"?

You seem to end up in the following dilemma: Either we have a manager who won it all and who'd win the League for us in no time provided he got money we don't have, or you take every fukcing chance to p**s, belittle, ridicule and spout at the manger we actually have in Place. Question is who you suppor and why. There used to be a name for kiddies like you - gloryhunters who only sing when they're winning. Ye'r a fake the way I see it. Sorry. I know I'll larf at you inside 24 months.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 09, 2012, 12:14:33 AM »
But I am onside, my friend. I just don't like the way you're going about another member of this board. I haven't backed down from my apologies just because I ask you to behave maturely and constructively in here (only the hardcore Stalinist in you would think otherwise). Your rants about fighting it out man to man becomes, at best, tedious given you're in Panama if I remember correctly meaning it'll never be an option either way. And that's irrespective of anyone's opinion of engaging in a  physical fight with a member of your own tribe. You seem to be quick on jumping on and pointing at other people's shortcomings. That's fair enough in my book as long as you're willing to have a hard look inward and ask yourself in what way or capacity you contribute to this place being an island of intellectual integrity surrounded by an ocean of ignorance. That, however, you sadly had me believe you're not inclined or motivated to. Why that is only you can answer. You're better than this and I think you know it.

martin, you and edward have painted yourselves into a corner, by defending the indefensable, using much personal abuse.

we all are entitled to opinions, and to have the chance to share them....the problems start to occur when you (and your mate, Edward) continually play the man, and not the ball.

why not stick to discussing the issues and end the nastiness.  I know when you;re drunk, you always go over the top.  Most of us enjoy a glass of shandy or wine, but let's leave the nastiness outside the door.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 09, 2012, 12:18:17 AM »
You got 3 questions. I only have one: Why is it so difficult to support the manager of the club you deem "one of the greatest sporting institution in the World"?

You seem to end up in the following dilemma: Either we have a manager who won it all and who'd win the League for us in no time provided he got money we don't have, or you take every fukcing chance to p**s, belittle, ridicule and spout at the manger we actually have in Place. Question is who you suppor and why. There used to be a name for kiddies like you - gloryhunters who only sing when they're winning. Ye'r a fake the way I see it. Sorry. I know I'll larf at you inside 24 months.

sorry, but it sounds like you're on the shandy again, Martin.

in a forum, we are all entitled to share our views.  Nothing is black or white.  All managers and players have their pros and cons.  Thus, we discuss these issues.  We are not in a church or cult, where we worship without question.

I remember last weekend, you firing loads of abuse at our players, notably John Shelvey.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 09, 2012, 12:23:03 AM »
Here we go.

I tell you solemnly that LFC by definition are glory hunters. That is why we exist.

There are standards. Perhaps you should go back and listen to our great managers of the past.

Of course I'm terribly sorry if having standards and demanding the best for the club is
somehow out of kilter with your ideas that Roy Hodgson was the ideal man for the job.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 09, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
in a forum, we are all entitled to share our views.  Nothing is black or white.  All managers and players have their pros and cons.  Thus, we discuss these issues.  We are not in a church or cult, where we worship without question.

I remember last weekend, you firing loads of abuse at our players, notably John Shelvey.

Your strategy of making yourself the victim is at best tedious, mate. I don't question your right to have an opinion. That's a totally different discussion. Over the years I've come to concluded it's always those who doesn't have the arguments on their side that feel a need to play the "you-have-no-right-to-guestion-my-right-to-have-an-opinion"-card.

I don't know if questioning a player's inclusion in the first team based on his ineptness costing us 3 points in a vital game equals abuse. In your twisted world it seems to be the case. And you talk to me taking the high moral ground using words such as paint, corner, etc. Priceless that. ;D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
Your strategy of making yourself the victim is at best tedious, mate. I don't question your right to have an opinion. That's a totally different discussion. Over the years I've come to concluded it's always those who doesn't have the arguments on their side that feel a need to play the "you-have-no-right-to-guestion-my-right-to-have-an-opinion"-card.

I don't know if questioning a player's inclusion in the first team based on his ineptness costing us 3 points in a vital game equals abuse. In your twisted world it seems to be the case. And you talk to me taking the high moral ground using words such as paint, corner, etc. Priceless that. ;D

playing the victim?   you and your mate, edward, have been constantly breaking the rules of the forum....the same rules that you signed up under.   If there was a moderator, you'd be on a yellow card (or worse) before now....and your mate would have long since been thrown out of the forum.  Personal abuse of other forum users, and wishing death on others, is a no-no.

And you criticising players (like Shelvey) is not personal abuse - the type that is against any rules.  So why are you deliberately mixing these issues up.  No, I was highlighting the fact that you complain about others whining and not getting behind the team, when you yourself are one of the biggest whiners in this place.

And you say that I have no arguments on my side.  On the contrary, if you look back to the summer, I questioned Rodgers appointment from day one, and predicted we would have a woeful start to the season.  I made my points, and argued them consistently.

You on the otherhand, have painted yourself into a corner.  And now, rather than showing humility and remorse (for the nastiness), have nowhere to go.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »
If I was a moderator I'd have banned your sorry ass too Dude.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 09, 2012, 01:40:44 PM »
No banning needed. This isn't even a soft breeze compared to how it used to be on the offal back in the day.

We all need to take a step back and ask why we come here.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 09, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »

I wouldn't mess with this guy...he looks like he could abduct you, drag you down to his cellar and eat your liver with a nice bottle of Chianti and some fava beans...

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 09, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »
No banning needed. This isn't even a soft breeze compared to how it used to be on the offal back in the day.

We all need to take a step back and ask why we come here.

I come here to talk about something i passionately believe in and love ...

and oh yes...try to wind up Martin!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 09, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
I come here to talk about something i passionately believe in and love ...

and oh yes...try to wind up Martin!

:D

the mere mention of the anti-christ's name (rafa) sets the scandinavian off, every time.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 09, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »

Never trust anyone who has wall boarding. You never know what (or who) they're hiding behind it.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 10, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
Geez, looking at the table  :(

I'm not even going to say that we need to win at the Bridge,
it's more than that we need to go there and fight for our lives
(i know BR uses that expression).

Big test for everyone!