August 09, 2020, 04:23:13 PM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 374057 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #795 on: November 20, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 23, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »
Dunno we're there or there abouts where Swansea were
this time last season.

http://www.ukfooty.org/premier-league-table/premier-league-table-29th-november-2011/

Need to start winning in the league!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 23, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »
Interesting how the overall points totals are lower this season.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »
Lucas made his comeback from injury in the 1-0 win over Boro in the u-21s. That made it undefeated in 10 and the U-21s have qualified for the Elite Group stage. Goal came from Adam Morgan.

Welcome back wee man. Take your time, get up to speed. We need you.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 24, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
If we can somehow win tomorrow, which I know will be extremely tough. BUT if we can get the win, then we'd only be 2 points behind Arsenal and 3 points behind Everton. So there is every incentive for us tomorrow.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 24, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
If we can somehow win tomorrow, which I know will be extremely tough. BUT if we can get the win, then we'd only be 2 points behind Arsenal and 3 points behind Everton. So there is every incentive for us tomorrow.

In addition there's also the League Cup defeat to avenge. Suarez to nutmeg Williams tomorrow first chance he gets.

Everton seem to have hit a patch of poor form (at least in comparison to their early season form).

Will this finally be the season that Arsenal's top four bubble bursts?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 25, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

And dare I say, it would put the "worst-start-to-a-season-since-the-edmontonians-walked-the-earth" argument into perspective. I know the Dude and Ed won't have anything positive to say regardless of how we win, if we win. But it would mean a great deal to us. Damn them Baggies, don't they know they can't fly?
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 25, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »
Personally if you offered me 3 points now from our next two games at Swansea and at Spurs, then I'd take it with both hands.

As WHL is probably our second most hardest place to win at (Old Toilet is first) and Swansea are extremely tough to beat at home and are full of confidence at the moment.

I mean we can easily, easily lose both games that's how hard these next two games will be.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 25, 2012, 02:22:23 PM »
We've been better than them but have yet again fluffed our chances, so it wouldn't surprise me if Swansea knick it 1-0.

Downing is so shine-a-light Gerrard woeful.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 25, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
I know the Dude and Ed won't have anything positive to say regardless of how we win, if we win. But it would mean a great deal to us.

try and keep up, Martin.  I haven't been posting (nor has Ed).  But your only mate in here has been really positive (cough, splutter).  but hey, at least Henderson got off lightly today.

Swansea are extremely tough to beat at home.....I mean we can easily, easily lose both games that's how hard these next two games will be.........

Downing is so shine-a-light Gerrard woeful.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 25, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
I thought Henderson did well today. But yes I'm obviously a Henderson hater because I'd sell him to get a striker......   ::)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 25, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »
well, at least we're one point closer to the 40 point mark.

7 points clear of the bottom three (though they have a game in hand)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 25, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
I thought Henderson did well today. But yes I'm obviously a Henderson hater because I'd sell him to get a striker......   ::)

heck, you change your tune quickly.

ten minutes ago, he was the future of Liverpool's midfield for the next ten years.  And now today you want to flog him for some cash.

you're not one of those knee-jerkists per chance?  And I note that you have come full circle on Carroll too.

how you can judge any player, let alone 2 clearly talented players like Henderson and Carroll so early in their careers as professionals and with us beggars belief.

he’s in the early stages of what Reds fans will hope is a glorious metamorphosis.

"In true Henderson style, let’s make this simple. He is already good. At some point in the future he will be very good

Both Carroll and Henderson have the potential to be here for the next 10 years. £50m for the pair of them, that is £5m per year which to me looking at them now and their potential seems a great deal to me.

Henderson has the height and pace to make that position his own for us in future years.

Henderson has taken a huge leap forward and it will take time for him to settle and to improve.

Carroll is an investment for the future if you cannot see that then what can I say.   ::)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 25, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
I haven't come full circle on Carroll. I still believe he'd be an asset to our squad and that we should have kept him. We were foolish to not replace him in the squad.

If the cash from Henderson meant we could buy a striker and/or an creative wide player I'd do it in a heartbeat. Doesn't mean I don't think any less of him as  a footballer, although I don't think he has progressed and developed as we wanted. He needs to develop the mental side of his game to stay here long term. He won't displace Allen, Lucas or Gerrard in the team (whatever we think of Gerrard). So for me he'd be expendable if we can use the money for other areas.

How many times do I have to reiterate that point to you?

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 25, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
Wigan (h), Swansea (a) and Spurs (a)

We took 0-points from those games last season and we are already +4 for this season.

We are improving from under Kenny.

From January 2012 to May 2012: W5 - D3 - L11 = 18 points from 19 games

From August 2012 to November 2012: W3 - D7 - L3 = 16 points from 13 games

We're also unbeaten in 8 games, something Kenny didn't achieve in 2012 as we lost 1 in every 2 games.

Yes there are too many draws but we need more goal-scorers in the team and I hope that in January we rectify that situation.