September 21, 2019, 08:26:41 AM

Author Topic: Season 2012-2013  (Read 251967 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2012-2013
« Reply #2220 on: March 20, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »

looks like a toy.

wonder if we push his head down, does he shoot.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 21, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »
players are notoriously thick (even the best ones) when it comes to analysing football.

Players? I would've thought that line of reasoning would apply to anyone with a differing view of yours.

Time will make you look like the tool you are tho.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
Players? I would've thought that line of reasoning would apply to anyone with a differing view of yours.

on the contrary, what I and others in here have said (and predicted) has come to pass.

the tool (and nasty piece of work) is you.

you can;t accept, with any grace, that Rodgers can;t hack it.

the club has gone backwards, and many of us have been analysing and discussing the issues since the start.  You on the otherhand, always play the man and not the ball.   
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 21, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »
I would like to know how the club has gone backwards since Rodgers became manager.

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 21, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »
I would like to know how the club has gone backwards since Rodgers became manager.
I look forward to reading that response too Edward.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 21, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
Kenny delivered Europe and two cup finals. It wasn't
good enough.

What's your man done? A point above West Brom?

Oh I forgot, this is the point where your argument recedes and
wallows in intangibles, backed up by positive thinking and
aspirational nonsense.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 22, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
I hear our Danish CB talking out of his arsee today suggesting Brendan Rodgers is a good manager that will win this club silverware in time. Guess he proved once and for all he doesn't have the first clue about this game.

He's hardly going to say anything different. How many times do you see a player come out and tell the world his manager's a 'clueless schmuck, who doesn't know his from elbow'?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 22, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »

Now, now Mr Oracle, calm yourself down.

Such certainty can set you up for you missing a whole mouthful of bottom at some point in the future. Such claims have a nasty habit of turning on their pronouncer.

Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 22, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »
Kenny delivered Europe and two cup finals. It wasn't
good enough.

What's your man done? A point above West Brom?

Oh I forgot, this is the point where your argument recedes and
wallows in intangibles, backed up by positive thinking and
aspirational nonsense.

That's all you lot have tho isn't it? I mean that cup final argument. It was the same with GH when the world could see we were going backwords under GH, in comes Rafa and the history repeats itself with a few good cup runs  (and som bad ones indeed) but fail to make us take the next step in the league, same with Dalglish.

The common denominator is failure to improve in the league which a wiser man than me once said was "our bread and butter". For the first time in over a decade we're seeing off so called lesser teams with room to spare. Yes, we come up short in a handful of games but there is a clear improvement against mid-/lower-table teams. This Brendan achieved with arguably the thinest squad in over 50 years. Yet there's still a chance he'll guide us to Europe while beating Rafa's first season points tally.

All you have is that cup final argument. Nothing else. As I said, it's wearing thin.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »

The common denominator is failure to improve in the league which a wiser man than me once said was "our bread and butter". For the first time in over a decade we're seeing off so called lesser teams with room to spare. Yes, we come up short in a handful of games but there is a clear improvement against mid-/lower-table teams. This Brendan achieved with arguably the thinest squad in over 50 years. Yet there's still a chance he'll guide us to Europe while beating Rafa's first season points tally.

All you have is that cup final argument. Nothing else. As I said, it's wearing thin.

Ok, i'll bite...
Yeah who wants to win Champions league titles anyways...

League form. Er...you do know we're sitting in 7th with the mighty West Brom a point behind?
With Everton 3 ahead and a game in hand...
29 points of manure...9 off 4th...

So what if we're beating mid/lower teams??...at least under Rafa we used to beat the big teams, we can't even do that now...Sorry but I would still prefer to come 6th and 7th and say we beat 'Manure, the bottom and Chelski' rather than we came 6th and 7th and beat wigan, reading and qpr...

thinnest squad...who do we lay blame for that then? kuyt, carroll, aquilani, adam, maxi, bellers, nuff said...

the 2 cup final arguments are valid, just because it weakens your argument, doesn't make them any less valid..
you're also arguing that we're going to end up higher than 7th with a better points thing than rafa..
i couldn't give a rats ass about points tallys from 8 years ago cos the game changes and so you can't really compare each season with another...different influences, different players, different owners...
rafa's first season we came fifth just missing out on the CL places cos we were busy winning it! whats brendans excuse??

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 22, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
One question bart mate, how many points did we trail then leagueleaders Chelsea by going into the 2nd tie of the CL-semifinal in 2005? Simple question.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »
One question bart mate, how many points did we trail then leagueleaders Chelsea by going into the 2nd tie of the CL-semifinal in 2005? Simple question.

Er..no idea...do tell...has this any relevance?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 22, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
Er..no idea...do tell...has this any relevance?

Yes, I think it has as you were using our position and distance behind the leagueleaders as evidence of our struggle in the league.

It was 33 points - again 33. Also, you mention the fact we're behind the bitter's as evidence to the ineptitude of our manager. How did we finish that season vis a vis our rivals and 4th place?

These are simple questions you should be able to answer rather than throwing around unfounded criticism of the manager of this club.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 22, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »

if your granny was your grandad, and met each other before their marriage, and were both everton supporters, in a previous life, but both of them liked yellow matter custard on a Sunday afternoon, after watching Planet of the Apes, how would they know if they loved each other.

simple question.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
That's all you lot have tho isn't it? I mean that cup final argument. It was the same with GH when the world could see we were going backwords under GH, in comes Rafa and the history repeats itself with a few good cup runs

??? ??? ???

in case you were only born yesterday, the club is all about winning trophies.

The common denominator (with Houllier and Benitez) is failure to improve in the league which a wiser man than me once said was "our bread and butter".

and when did we give up on the league this season?  Oh about September time.  Before autumn was properly on us.

And if Rafa was still in charge this season, can you imagine what the xenophobic British press would be writing about this season;s run of awful results?

out of the league title running by September.

out of the league cup in October, to mid-table swansea (a club that have - at best - 20 percent of the assets that Liverpool have).

out of the fa cup in January to a relegation haunted division three side.

out of the Uselesses of Europe Cup in February, beaten by a Russian side that had been off on two month's mid-season break.

29 points behind the first placed team, united, in march.

behind everton, who have a tiny budget, compared to ours....and they have a game in hand.

wba threatening to overtake us.

and a BS merchant, with a love of his own voice and microphones, at the wheel of the club.

but this is what happens when you have two yankee know-nothing-muppets in charge, and a smooth snakeoil salesman in the dugout, selling off our finest assets for peanuts, and bringing in shine-a-light as replacements. 

as sure as night follows day, this is what happens.

and mark my words, we will be in exactly this same position, this time next year....heck, it might be even worse.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:37:31 PM by the dude abides »