December 13, 2019, 09:05:55 PM

Author Topic: Europa League Campaign 2012/2013  (Read 49149 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Europa League Campaign 2012/2013
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »
Apparently he gives 150% in training...

I'd settle for 100%, not sure where he gets the other 50% from,
wonder what he gives during the games?

:D

thus, he was obviously hiding last week, when he only gave 120 percent.

but seriously, Brent (and people like him in sport), need to take a long hard look at themselves - e.g. with this 120, 150 percent BS. 

Tiny brains in combo with microphones every day, and the head tends to always get bigger. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »
At least it should buy time to finally get around to thinking about his replacement - hopefully.
Carra's readied replacement has to be the best kept secret in football.

;D

I see Brent's linked with some defender in South America (the player is also linked to AC Milan).  All these foriegn links contradict Brent's thoughts from earlier in the season, about bringing in local talent.   

But hey, another day, another microphone, another off-the-cuff sermon.

He's keeping the big political barons onside - gerrard and carragher.......thinking this gives himself more political clout and leeway.  He thinks he's being smart.  But anyone with a brain, can see right through him.   But it is doing the club lots of harm.  Carra should have been gone three years ago.  And Gerrard was pretty dire for most of this season, especially the first half of the season.  It is madness giving him a new contract on big wages.  Utter madness, the notion of him being at the club for another 5 years. 
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »
;D

I see Brent's linked with some defender in South America (the player is also linked to AC Milan).  All these foriegn links contradict Brent's thoughts from earlier in the season, about bringing in local talent.   

But hey, another day, another microphone, another off-the-cuff sermon.

He's keeping the big political barons onside - gerrard and carragher.......thinking this gives himself more political clout and leeway.  He thinks he's being smart.  But anyone with a brain, can see right through him.   But it is doing the club lots of harm.  Carra should have been gone three years ago.  And Gerrard was pretty dire for most of this season, especially the first half of the season.  It is madness giving him a new contract on big wages.  Utter madness, the notion of him being at the club for another 5 years.

Sometimes it does feel like some personalities are bigger than the club and has done for several years. Maybe another reason why we've become a stranger to the league championship trophy.

As for transfers, I'd settle for no ex Watford, Reading, Chelsea youth or Swansea players.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »
Sometimes it does feel like some personalities are bigger than the club and has done for several years. Maybe another reason why we've become a stranger to the league championship trophy.

As for transfers, I'd settle for no ex Watford, Reading, Chelsea youth or Swansea players.

yes, there are plenty of good players to be had from Europe with top technical skill and who do not cost a fortune. That agent Carr, at Newcastle, would be a helluva signing for the club.  He seems to know far more than Liverpool scouts do.

yes,  re big personalities, I have always said that the club can only move on, after Gerrard has left the stage.

Offering him a big new contract, and appointing Carra to the coaching staff, is not gonna help the club.  Sami would have brought far more to Melwood.