November 24, 2020, 03:38:40 AM

Author Topic: .........and then there was one.  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
.........and then there was one.
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »
Liverpool FC's Fabio Borini suffers broken foot

James Pearce Oct 11 2012

LIVERPOOL FC striker Fabio Borini is facing an extended spell on the sidelines after breaking a bone in his right foot.

A scan confirmed the fracture after Borini was hurt during training ahead of Italy Under-21s' Euro 2013 play-off clash with Sweden tomorrow night.

The news will be a major blow to Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, who now only has one recognised senior striker in Luis Suarez.

It's not yet clear how long Borini will be out for but he will return to Merseyside for treatment.

The 21-year-old has endured a difficult start to his Liverpool career with just one goal in 11 appearances since his £10.5million switch from Roma this summer.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/10/11/100252-32016164/#ixzz291Wg6Gci

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/10/11/100252-32016164/

Gerrard conumdrum solved. Stick him wide right.

I feel sorry for Borini. He's not had much of a chance to play centrally. When he has we've not utilised his movement by finding him with the right pass or cross, nor has his ability to take players away and create space. Now this. Hope he makes a quick and full recovery. 
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: .........and then there was one.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »
Gerrard up front, with a 4 man midfield behind...noticed suarez had scored 27 goals in 58 games for uruguay which is a better strike average than messi...so if we can sort that conundrum out we can use him to his fullest.....maybe rodgers has luck on his side as this might save him......

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »
Gerrard up front, with a 4 man midfield behind...noticed suarez had scored 27 goals in 58 games for uruguay which is a better strike average than messi...so if we can sort that conundrum out we can use him to his fullest.....maybe rodgers has luck on his side as this might save him......

Relegation aside, I think Rodgers has this and next season to show signs of progress. I don't think he will be 'judged' until May 2014.

With Gerrard on the right of the front three but more tucked in, Johnson providing the width, and Sterling/Assaidi providing width/penetration from outsde to inside on the left. Give Yesil or Pacheco a run on the bench, and Suarez can always be swopped to a 'tucked in' position if Yesil or Pacheco (or maybe even Morgan) are brought on (and allowed to play centrally).

Does anybody know how Morgan is doing in the u-21 league, as we haven't seen too much of him since his pre-season goal.

Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:29:32 AM »
Mee too feel sorry for the lad. At the same time maybe this injury came at the right time. The pressure was mounting on him to deliever from an out-of-favor position and you could tell he tried almost too hard to get it right. This will give him a chance to re-ignite his Anfield career. From a half-full glass perspective that is. Can't be arsed with the half-empty tho I'm aware of it.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
maybe this injury came at the right time. The pressure was mounting on him to deliver from an out-of-favor position.  This will give him a chance to re-ignite his Anfield career.

:o ??? :o
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
At the same time maybe this injury came at the right time.
Is there ever a right time for a player to be injured? Is it the right time for LFC to
be down another striker?

The pressure was mounting on him to deliver
It's LFC, surely pressure is the norm?? and it's all about delivering? Geez, it sounds like
you're advocating some sort of morale boosting policy for players "if the pressure gets
too much, quick break a bone"

from an out-of-favor position
Dirk Kuyt was out of position all the time?

and you could tell he tried almost too hard to get it right.
How can you tell this? Do you have special powers of observation denied the rest of us?

This will give him a chance to re-ignite his Anfield career.
Well it hasn't exactly ignited to date?

Crikey Martin are you Paul Tomkins in disguise??

I wish Borini well in his recovery and that's the end of that.

Imo, it's a complete joke that we're expecting to be taken seriously in any capacity with one
recognised striker & 3 tournaments to compete in?

I don't know why we spent £11 million on Fabio if we don't know where to play him.

I also think it was odd to play Adam Morgan in a Europa League game to force Andy Carroll out.

I further think it was really amateurish to let Andy go on loan without a replacement in the bag.

We are where we are but there's a catalogue of decisions that led to it.