February 24, 2021, 05:09:15 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 76920 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
Sturridge: "No Bigger Club Than Liverpool". Top trolling there, Daniel.

He'll have the comments section on any website that's published that going into meltdown. Just needs a goal against 'the unclean' and his legend status is guaranteed.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
Liverpool close to ending Ince saga with £6m deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2259250/Liverpool-close-6m-Tom-Ince-deal-Blackpool.html

Thomas Ince's return from Blackpool to Liverpool hits deadlock as clubs fail to agree over price

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9788987/Thomas-Inces-return-from-Blackpool-to-Liverpool-hits-deadlock-as-clubs-fail-to-agree-over-price.html#

Ha, you have to love the British media.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
Sturridge: "No Bigger Club Than Liverpool". Top trolling there, Daniel.

He'll have the comments section on any website that's published that going into meltdown. Just needs a goal against 'the unclean' and his legend status is guaranteed.

:D

i think it would be fair to say that the lad did not enjoy his time at Stamford Bridge and was glad to leave.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
Some of his comments since arriving have been interesting. He's either got a terrific PR team working for him or he has a more humble side that hasn't been exposed previously.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
Some of his comments since arriving have been interesting. He's either got a terrific PR team working for him or he has a more humble side that hasn't been exposed previously.

agreed.

that initial statement when joining Liverpool, was the stuff of legend.

he must have had a hollywood scriptwriter concock that one!

i half expected morgan freeman to turn up at melwood, kitted out as our new red signing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:03:43 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
i half expected morgan freeman to turn up at melwood, kitted out as our new red signing.

New director of communication?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »

New director of communication?

he'd be awesome to listen to.  We'd have the media and other clubs eating out of our paws.

we'd have the best narrator in the business, for our future DVDs.

tho I hate to imagine how Hollywood would portray our dominant era, and the CL victory in 2005.

reminded of this, because I was watching bits of Strike!  the other night (comic strip presents); where al pacino portrays arthur scargill, in a hollywood portrayal of the minders strike....classic stuff.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 10, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
Football365 reports...Turkish newspaper Fanatik claim Liverpool have offered €15 million for Fenerbahce striker Moussa Sow. The 26-year-old has scored 18 goals in 41 games for Fener since joining the club last January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aNjrP2V1SL4

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 10, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
Football365 reports...Turkish newspaper Fanatik claim Liverpool have offered €15 million for Fenerbahce striker Moussa Sow. The 26-year-old has scored 18 goals in 41 games for Fener since joining the club last January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aNjrP2V1SL4

interesting African striker.   Tho admittedly lads from Turkish sides don;t always perform well in the top leagues.

if true, that definitely means Carroll won;t be returning from the bubble blowers.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
interesting African striker.   Tho admittedly lads from Turkish sides don;t always perform well in the top leagues.

if true, that definitely means Carroll won;t be returning from the bubble blowers.

Top scorer in the French liga 1 last season too.

I remember him being linked with us, Arsenal and Chelsea at various points from May last year and throughout the Summer before his rather surprising move to Turkey.

Whether Caarool returns must depend on his loan agreement. If it's a loan to buy with a definite purchase sum involved, if it's watertight, then he's gone. If not, we're stuck with him and either face selling off at a third or less than we paid or trying to find another loan where he could re-build his career and try to re-build our transfer fee expectations. Whenever it may be, if we get double figures for him I'd be surprised. Others, more interested in money than the player's good, have messed his career up big time.
Earnings wise, he's OK, but I have sympathy with what's happened to the footballing side of his life.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »
Top scorer in the French liga 1 last season too.

I remember him being linked with us, Arsenal and Chelsea at various points from May last year and throughout the Summer before his rather surprising move to Turkey.

yes, he seems a decent bet.  Lots of potential.

It would be wonderful if we could unearth the new Drogba.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »
yes, he seems a decent bet.  Lots of potential.

It would be wonderful if we could unearth the new Drogba.

Would be an excellent signing...but as he's not english and crap we've got no chance of getting him...

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »
Hmmm so that 2010/2011 bundesliga player of the year no mark is being greeted back to Dortmund with open arms...funny that....maybe rodgers can sign him again in the summer for 20 mil once he realises that he's worked with him previously...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8391053/Sahin-Back-To-Dortmund

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
Would be an excellent signing...but as he's not english and crap we've got no chance of getting him...

what was it out great leader said only yesterday.....ah yes, "it might be sexy to look in Spain"   but there are better lads to be had at home....likes of downing, henderson and suchlike.  And so much cheaper too. 

and our great leader also added, that he has enhanced the careers of the once underachievers of previous regimes.

downing was about to be sold, and then brendan sprinkled his magic dust

enrique was off form, and then along came our great leader to reinvigorate the lad.

liverpool was a club going nowhere fast til Sir Brendan arrived and took us into freefall.   Brendan's new movie should be called SkyFall....with him as 007.

if he had only arrived earlier, he might also have saved Torres from the scrapheap.

and with his magic hands, and the healing power of worship, I suspect long term injuries would also have been a thing of the past.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
Hmmm so that 2010/2011 bundesliga player of the year no mark is being greeted back to Dortmund with open arms...funny that....maybe rodgers can sign him again in the summer for 20 mil once he realises that he's worked with him previously...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8391053/Sahin-Back-To-Dortmund

now we're talkin

the emperor just needs more time to turn this lad around

let him go back to germany; and then when his mind is right, he can return to the master and this time be mature enough to learn at his feet.