January 23, 2021, 04:38:20 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 75654 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »
I think that we offer a unique position amongst 'the bigger teams' in the league for players like Walcott and Sturridge, others that may be tempted to look elsewhere for first team football. Sinclair, like Moses have made the same sort of decision Sturridge did and appear to have gone where the money leads. That same issue of money also means that the clubs they have chosen can buy in much bigger name players and they find themselves without a realistic chance of regular first team football.
They may get a League Cup run-out or an appearance in a dead rubber in the CL but they will just be eating expensive crumbs.

Even Arsenal and Spurs have reasonably well stocked squads (in comparison to us). As we're looking to re-build then players have a chance to grow and develop with us (hopefully) and though there may not be signs of CL football, going down the route of going to the Manchester clubs and Chelsea only means you probably get to watch it for free, participation is hardly nailed on.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »
I think the time to have got Sturridge passed when we didn't accept him + £40M for Torres.
He's had two managers not trust him to play centrally. From accounts I've read he's become greedy and not a team player. That may be him trying to prove his goal scoring credentials to get a move back centrally, but Walcott seems to have dealt with his own desire to play centrally in a more mature way whilst still contributing fully to the team.
Whoever comes in has to understand that the manager is looking for a fluid frontline so movement is required, rather than playing in a more narrow area of the pitch.

yes, I have heard similar reports re Sturridge being arrogant and not a team man.

I like the triple attacking scenario you mentioned earlier - suarez, walcott and sterling.  The only downside is the lack of aerial dominance in that trio.  But there is so little crossing in the modern game anyway.

as you suggest, sturridge would probably not bring the fluidity that we need.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
And in an early April 1st joke:

Cavani Wants Liverpool Talks, Claims Agent

NAPOLI star striker, and one of the hottest properties in World football, Edinson Cavani wants to have talks with Liverpool FC and Arsenal according to the player’s agent.

Cavani forms a devastating partnership at international level with Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, and has been one of the stars of Serie A since arriving in Italy; first playing for Palermo before being signed by their more illustrious rivals Napoli, where he has scored 49 goals in just 64 appearances over the last two seasons.

So far this season, he has notched 8 goals in 11 games for il Partenopei.

Such hot form has led to Cavani’s name being linked with virtually every elite club in Europe over the last 2 years, but rumours have persisted that his preferred destination would be the English Premier League.

With both Chelsea and Manchester City now fluttering their respective diamond-encrusted eyelashes at the latest ‘hottest’ striker in Europe, Radamel Falcao, Cavani’s agent has opened the door up to more perspective buyers.

Speaking to Ecuadorian newspaper El Telegrafo, Claudio Annelucci (Cavani’s agent) said: “Liverpool and Arsenal are the first clubs Cavani has agreed to talk to.

“It is no secret that Cavani wants to play in England; it is one of his biggest dreams.”

Napoli, for their part, have consistently denied that the player is interested in leaving the club

http://live4liverpool.com/2012/11/lfc-news/cavani-wants-liverpool-talks-claims-agent

'Lost in translation' or another fake agent, like Jeffren Suarez's supposed agent Jorge Llagostera, claiming Cavani's agreed to talk to us.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
'Lost in translation' or another fake agent, like Jeffren Suarez's supposed agent Jorge Llagostera, claiming Cavani's agreed to talk to us.

Baited Kanwar on his awful site earlier on over this story. He went apoplectic.  :D    Can't see what I did wrong.  ::)

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/11/jeffren-suarez-blasts-fake-agent-over-LFC-transfer-lies.html

Posted under the initial 'S'.

I love it, he falls for it everytime. Sad little wannabe journo.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
Baited Kanwar on his awful site earlier on over this story. He went apoplectic.  :D    Can't see what I did wrong.  ::)

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/11/jeffren-suarez-blasts-fake-agent-over-LFC-transfer-lies.html

Posted under the initial 'S'.

I love it, he falls for it everytime. Sad little wannabe journo.

he must have deleted the post, Tes.  I only see three posts there now, and none by an S.

yes, I sometimes read his site.  He's way out there.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »
he must have deleted the post, Tes.  I only see three posts there now, and none by an S.

yes, I sometimes read his site.  He's way out there.

He deleted mine, his reply to it, a sarky one from Jason Carr towards Kanwar, who's others are still there (Jason Carr's posts) and another one I'd made under the username JaimieKanwar claiming to be the real Jaimie Kanwar. I love baiting that fool every so often, and he looses it every time. I'd call it a good sport but it's too one sided to be so.  :D

He thinks he has carte blanche to say whatever he wants but when someone calls him on it he always takes his deflated ball(s) home.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:03:56 PM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2012, 11:58:09 PM »
He deleted mine, his reply to it, a sarky one from Jason Carr towards Kanwar, who's others are still there (Jason Carr's posts) and another one I'd made under the username JaimieKanwar claiming to be the real Jaimie Kanwar. I love baiting that fool every so often, and he looses it every time. I'd call it a good sport but it's too one sided to be so.  :D

He thinks he has carte blanche to say whatever he wants but when someone calls him on it he always takes his deflated ball(s) home.

:D

yes, he is so far out there, that unlike 99 percent of Liverpool fan blogs, Kanwar is not ignorable. 

note, I see edward has joined me, in trying to wind him up.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
DylanMcDougall's just posted on the same thread. Totally hijacked by Anfield Road forumites.  :D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2012, 12:16:55 AM »
just after replying to zippy and bungle post.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2012, 12:24:13 AM »
The Trumpton fire brigades just been called. Kanwar's head will explode.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »
The Trumpton fire brigades just been called. Kanwar's head will explode.

Skippy has just bounced by and told me to make haste coz Kanwar is in trouble.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »
There's a scandal involving Sooty, Bungle and Suki Sue now.  :o
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:42:07 AM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2012, 12:42:37 AM »
Sooty is new chairman of the Black Society of Lawyyers.

Sooty is appearing nightly on the West End, for those able to see him.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2012, 12:45:35 AM »
Sooty is new chairman of the Black Society of Lawyyers.

Sooty is appearing nightly on the West End, for those able to see him.

None of us will be able to see him, Kanwar's started deleting the posts again. Still, it was fun whilst it lasted, as Suki Sue once said to Mathew Cobbett Senior.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2012, 12:49:41 AM »
None of us will be able to see him, Kanwar's started deleting the posts again. Still, it was fun whilst it lasted, as Suki Sue once said to Mathew Cobbett Senior.

:D

and whilst wearing my non-pc hat, let me say that

Basil Brush is a poof.

bum! bum!