February 27, 2021, 09:05:41 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 77119 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »
 :D

i reckon barticus, like I do at times, is being ironic (is that the right word) 

if the lad is worth 7 million, then Liverpool will pay 12 million and think they have a bargain.

personally, I think anything much over 7 or 8 is madness.

to be honest, I wouldn;t waste any of my transfer budget on him.  I see nothing about him that makes me want to see him in red.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2012, 04:40:53 PM »
Klass Jan Huntelaar would prefer a move to Inter Milan this January over Arsenal or Liverpool, according to the player’s agent.

‘He would not mind playing in Milan again – especially because Inter would give him the chance to show he is a great player,’ said Oosterveer.

Milan it is then.

like you say Tes, his age is against him. 

Of our main targets, I would prefer him.  But if he hmmms and haaaaaaa's then forget it.....plenty more fish in the sea, and younger too, with more in front of them.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
with more in front of them.

The average Geordie fan it is then.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »
Interesting Sturridge facts:

Sturridge:
Chelsea - 49(47 sub) - 96 apps - 24 goals

2012/13: 320 minutes - 160 minutes per goal
2011/12: 3061 minutes - 235 minutes per goal
2010/11: 535 minutes - 133 minutes per goal
2009/10: 612 minutes - 122 minutes per goal

Total Time on the field for Chelsea 4528 minutes - 188 minutes per goal

Bolton:
2010/11: 976 minutes - 122 minutes per goal

Total time on the field last 4 years 5504 minutes - 172 minutes per goal.

He actually averages a goal every other game - wowsers!!!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »

'The manager has said I can leave if I want to,' Stewart Downing said in an interview in the Liverpool matchday programme ahead of today's game with his former club, Aston Villa.

'But then all of a sudden I've come back into the team, it's a strange situation.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »

'The manager has said I can leave if I want to,' Stewart Downing said in an interview in the Liverpool matchday programme ahead of today's game with his former club, Aston Villa.

'But then all of a sudden I've come back into the team, it's a strange situation.

The only strange situation is the one that saw someone actually think he was good enough to come to the club in the first place and then compound that original crazy thought by paying out £20M for the nightmare possibility to become reality.

The only way we'll shift him is by accepting £5M or less and covering his wages somehow.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
The only strange situation is the one that saw someone actually think he was good enough to come to the club in the first place and then compound that original crazy thought by paying out £20M for the nightmare possibility to become reality.

The only way we'll shift him is by accepting £5M or less and covering his wages somehow.

that summer's buys, Stewart Downing being one of them, has turned into a total public embarrassment for dalglish (and comolli).   And is ruining the club financially.  It's bad enough football-wise; but even worse given that they can't be got rid off easily.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
that summer's buys, Stewart Downing being one of them, has turned into a total public embarrassment for dalglish (and comolli).   And is ruining the club financially.  It's bad enough football-wise; but even worse given that they can't be got rid off easily.

As we feared would happen, did happen and has happened. We said we were worried that FSG would give Dalglish 'the pot' to spend. 'The pot' being a one off transfer fund designed to propel us back into the top four, and that if they did that then there'd be precious little to follow. All of that has happened.

Now that one-off 'injection' has been well and truly squandered, and in fact has probably taken us backwards in terms of squad and team quality.
The next thing it will do is cost us again as we make huge losses on the original fees paid and have to pay huge contract settlements or continue to pay a large percentage of their salary at their new club, so whilst we've been paying them instead of the right players, we'll also have less to spend over the next two or three seasons as our salary budget takes a hit in paying up or continuing to pay all or a portion of their salaries. Money that, once again, can't go towards other players.

Hodgson did relatively minor damage in terms of the players he bought in comparison to what Comolli and Dalglish have caused. Purslow's signing of Joe Cole was bad, but the Comolli/Dalglish axis blew Purslow out of the water.

If Rodgers get's any financial support he needs to do much better than he has with Allen, Borini and Assaidi so far. Time may give that trio of purchases a different reflection but we don't have time, or least time to keep attempting to right wrongs rather than actually start to put things in place that move us forwards.
Whilst Rodgers still has to deconstruct Dalglish's mess, he can't afford to simultaneously start making his own mess that either he or someone else has to try and clear up.

It's very early days for the scouting additions the club brought in during the  Summer, and it's possibly unfair to lay blame yet, but if the names we've been linked with turn out to be anywhere near accurate, then you have to wonder why we bothered and add that to the huge sum of money this club has wasted in the last few years.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »
Whilst Rodgers still has to deconstruct Dalglish's mess
Kenny got us to two cup finals last season, how many cup finals has Rodgers reached?

I also note Laudrup has Swansea in the semis of the LC whilst maintaining their robust
league position (given their relative poverty bar the £20 odd million we gave them), unlike
Rodgers who jettisoned any tournament bar the league at the first opportunity last year.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
Purslow's signing of Joe Cole was bad, but the Comolli/Dalglish axis blew Purslow out of the water.

If Rodgers get's any financial support he needs to do much better than he has with Allen, Borini and Assaidi so far.

yes, the dalglish/comolli axis has blown Liverpool's finances out the window.

and rodgers is only adding to the mess, with more mid-table buys (on big money).

personally, I cringe that he will be spending more of our money in January.

like we know, right now, that Sturridge is yet another transfer made in he.ll.....a disaster waiting to happen.

and tom ince  FFS  I;d rather we bought tom finney. 

honestly, if I were the owner of the club,  I'd dismiss Rodgers right now and bring in a caretaker til the summer.

And, as owner, I;d base myself at Melwood.

If FSG are serious about owning a top club, they need to get off their lazy bac.ks.ides and start doing what they should have been doing from day one.  i.e. bring in top people to run the club.  Bloddy ell, this is not fking rocket science.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
Kenny got us to two cup finals last season, how many cup finals has Rodgers reached?

I also note Laudrup has Swansea in the semis of the LC whilst maintaining their robust
league position (given their relative poverty bar the £20 odd million we gave them), unlike
Rodgers who jettisoned any tournament bar the league at the first opportunity last year.

exactly, Ed.

and not only are Swansea doing well.....but look at how well WBA are doing too (with our ex-assistant boss as manager).   Like I mean, is there any single thing that our morons have got right these past three years?

everything they touch, turns to sh.it

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:58 PM »

Ed, the mess I was refering to was the signings made by Dalglish and Comolli and the financial fallout we are facing/will face as a result.

As a Swansea fan I wouldn't have been too bothered. Last season had to be about staying in the league and the financially stability that can bring. Laudrup has definately enabled them to kick on this season, in fact I asked the question 3 games in who would prove to be the bigger success this season, Laudrup or Rodgers?

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
exactly, Ed.

and not only are Swansea doing well.....but look at how well WBA are doing too (with our ex-assistant boss as manager).   Like I mean, is there any single thing that our morons have got right these past three years?

everything they touch, turns to sh.it

Tbh I'm patient enough but when I see the size of the rolex Rodgers
was sporting yesterday, his claim that he is going to give his life to
the football club
and our utter undoing by a team that is two places
below us and was pitied earlier in the season, I get mad and rightly so.

Watching the manager arms folded with ginormous rolex standing on the touch
line and then talking of complacency after the match?? :o

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2012, 09:36:02 PM »
but hey, it could be worse....we could have landed Gylfi Sigurdsson too.

the icelander has hardly set the world alight at Spurs.

surprise, surprise - he has yet to score a league goal for spurs.....mind you, he has one assist to his name.

like I have been saying, we do not have people at the club who are even aware of the quality of player that a top club needs.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »
Tbh I'm patient enough but when I see the size of the rolex Rodgers
was sporting yesterday, his claim that he is going to give his life to
the football club
and our utter undoing by a team that is two places
below us and was pitied earlier in the season, I get mad and rightly so.

Watching the manager arms folded with ginormous rolex standing on the touch
line and then talking of complacency after the match?? :o

:D   I missed the rolex.  I must google for some images of the leg-end in the dugout from yesterday.

big rolex, big red ferrari, big portrait of himself taking up one wall of his mansion, and a big mouth, with a tiny brain, and a tiny CV............what could possibly go wrong.