March 05, 2021, 08:21:14 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 77626 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #300 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
Two wins, 6 goals , two clean sheets. Just what did Rodgers get off 'Santa'.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »
Only time is guaranteed to go forward. Are we? If I knew the answer we'd all share in a lottery win every week.

stand back men.

I fear he is possessed with possession data.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
Joe Cole: West Ham set to sign Liverpool midfielder

Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole is set to join former club West Ham United on a permanent deal.

The 31-year-old is understood to have travelled to London for a medical with Sam Allardyce's Hammers after Liverpool accepted an offer for the player.

However, should the deal fall through, Queens Park Rangers are also interested in the player.

Cole has struggled to impress at Anfield following a free transfer move from Chelsea in 2010.

The former England international spent last season on loan at French club Lille.

Any move to West Ham would have to be made permanent because the London club already have striker Andy Carroll on loan from Liverpool.

Cole, though, would be available on a free transfer as Liverpool are prepared to cancel his contract and negotiate a settlement.

The player came through the youth ranks at Upton Park before moving to Chelsea for £6.6m in 2003.

He won three Premier League titles and two FA Cups in a seven-year stay with the Blues.

After failing to agree a new contract he moved to Merseyside but he has not been able to enjoy the same impact and has made just six substitute appearances this season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20893195

This alone renders this window a success.  ;D I wonder how much the 'undisclosed fee' will cost us.  ::)

By all accounts, 3 million....jesus wept

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256077/Joe-Cole-3m-pay-Liverpool-joining-West-Ham.html

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2013, 01:21:44 PM »
Yep £3m

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Probably about enough to pay up his contract. Still, that's the wage bill lowered and Sahin will follow with his £90K a week. Hopefully we'll soon get to the point where we're not paying out to individuals who are giving nothing back or don't a constructive input into the squad. Then we can start to bring in and pay out to, players who will make a contribution.

It's great getting the wage bill purged off pointless outlay, but we need to work much harder at making sure new additions to it are contributing their worth in football terms relative to the increase in the payroll.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
we pay Cole 3 million to leave for West Ham.

we are paying, I imagine, a large chunk of 35 million Carroll's vast wages, at West Ham.

Liverpool FC should set up a direct debit to the bubble-blowers bank account.......would be a lot easier.  Why don;t we offer to fix up the olympic stadium for them too.

And Sahin is also about to leave.  He has only been at the club since August 25th.....little over 4 months.   

I'm sorry, but why aren;t Anfield scouts paying with their jobs for this ongoing fiasco? 

A club like ourselves, has not got the  resources to fund this endless transfer madness. 
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
we pay Cole 3 million to leave for West Ham.

Hopefully we'll have come to some arrangement over his final 18 months, seeing as he will be earning throughout that time at West Ham. Probably paid up his signing on fee for the last 12 months of his contract, and a portion of the 18 months.

We can't surely have paid up his contract in it's entirety otherwise it saves nothing and serves no purpose to be without him.

Then again......... ::)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:01 PM »
Hopefully we'll have come to some arrangement over his final 18 months, seeing as he will be earning throughout that time at West Ham. Probably paid up his signing on fee for the last 12 months of his contract, and a portion of the 18 months.

We can't surely have paid up his contract in it's entirety otherwise it saves nothing and serves no purpose to be without him.

Then again......... ::)

exactly.

speaking of wages and the inability of other clubs to take on our expensive mistakes, I was reading this tonight from Kevin Keegan, re Carroll.

Do you think there is a chance that Carroll could return to Newcastle in the summer?

"Of course it is a possibility but I think wages could be a problem. He's moved out into a different wage bracket – that's the very reason why Newcastle didn't buy out Demba Ba's contract. I really think the wages would stop Andy Carroll coming back. Would Liverpool compromise and pay part of the wages? Possibly – but that could prove to be complicated. Could they take him on loan? Well if West Ham can afford him, surely Newcastle can. Whatever deal West Ham have done with Liverpool, I don't think that they'll be paying his full wages. I don't think you could rely on Carroll going back."

just goes to the show the ridiculous wages we pay for lads to come to the club.  And then when they turn out rubbish we cannot get rid.  When oh when will we ever learn.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2013, 11:11:53 AM »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
just goes to the show the ridiculous wages we pay for lads to come to the club.  And then when they turn out rubbish we cannot get rid.  When oh when will we ever learn.

We've always been one of the league's higher payers, which is fine when you sign quality. When you keep signing low quality players and pay them the higher wages, it then becomes a problem.

Spurs and Arsenal have lower top salary caps than us and I'd rather not see us paying out extra to attract players, just because we don't have 'the chance to live in London' to offer them. Likewise, with free transfers. There's a reason(s) most players are free, so we shouldn't be paying them larger signing on fees and/or salaries than we would if we'd have 'bought' them, and higher than other 'better' players in the squad.
We should be benefiting from the saving on the fee, or at least feeling the bulk of the benefit, not handing it to the player, especially those who were wouldn't have given that much to if they'd not been a 'free'.
Other players don't take into consideration a player was 'free' when looking enviously at a lesser player earning more than them.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
Ince prepared to be patient and see out season at Blackpool as Liverpool argue over £6m fee

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2250976/Thomas-Ince-prepared-season-Blackpool-Liverpool-argue-6m-fee.html

If Ince is happy to do that, then that's what we should do. Save the cash to put towards someone else in the Summer, or if possible, in this window.

'Paying' for him now, when we can get him for compensation in the Summer, is the sort of stupidity that needs stamping out. We're not exactly flush with transfer funds, so Rodgers needs to start setting a new precedent at the club.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 05, 2013, 11:28:58 PM »
Ince is now cup tied in the FA Cup having played for Blackpool today.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 05, 2013, 11:33:09 PM »
Our CE will drive a hard bargain now.  Ince has lost at least 50 pence in value, after being cup-tied today.

no flies on Pam Ayres.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:45 PM »
Our CE will drive a hard bargain now.  Ince has lost at least 50 pence in value, after being cup-tied today.

no flies on Pam Ayres.

He'll probably offer more seeing as Ince can't get injured in the competition this season.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
According to Macca the Ince deal is done.  ;D