January 24, 2021, 12:42:13 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 75763 times)

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2013, 06:03:14 PM »
He seemed to go off the boil a little last year but he's only 20 and has promise...he's an attacking midfielder
I'd prefer to spend the money on this lad than on ince who can join us for free in the summer...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8420239/Liverpool-In-Talks-With-Inter-Milan-On-Coutinho

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
He seemed to go off the boil a little last year but he's only 20 and has promise...he's an attacking midfielder
I'd prefer to spend the money on this lad than on ince who can join us for free in the summer...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8420239/Liverpool-In-Talks-With-Inter-Milan-On-Coutinho

I'd be surprised if we got him. He's saying he wants to stay and prove himself at Inter.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
Seems to have gone all quiet on the Coates front. Maybe we can't find or afford a replacement.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:08 PM »
We've offered £8m and Inter want £15m, so assume we'll meet in the middle somewhere.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
We've offered £8m and Inter want £15m, so assume we'll meet in the middle somewhere.

Good player from what I remember of him during around and after Benitez's tenure there, but if we're talking about £12M or so, is he the right player at the right price at this moment in time?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2013, 01:25:03 AM »
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers hopes to secure Inter Milan's Phillipe Coutinho ahead of Oldham Cup tie

By John Percy  21 Jan 2013

Rodgers is in advanced negotiations with Inter over a deal to sign the Brazil international and Liverpool expect to seal their second January signing by the end of this week.

Liverpool's first bid was rejected last week but they are ready to offer a £6 million down payment with further instalments taking the transfer closer towards a final £8 million.

Talks between the two clubs resumed on Monday and barring any late hitches, Coutinho should join Daniel Sturridge as the latest arrival at Anfield this month.

Coutinho's versatility appeals to Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, as he can play in central midfield and as a second striker. The 20 year-old was signed from Brazilian club Vasco da Gama and given his first-team debut by former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez and has established a reputation as one of Serie A's most prodigious young talents.

His age also fits the profile for Rodgers, who could still move for Blackpool and England under-21 international winger Thomas Ince before the transfer window closes next week.

Coutinho could even make his Liverpool debut against Oldham in the FA Cup fourth round at Boundary Park on Sunday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9816749/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-hopes-to-secure-Inter-Milans-Phillipe-Coutinho-ahead-of-Oldham-Cup-tie.html

Simply can't see the fee being this low, especially as Sneijder's left. Surely Inter see Coutinho as a long term replacement.

Also, I don't see how we'll tie the Ince deal up if Oyston refuses to take calls.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 22, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »
Simply can't see the fee being this low, especially as Sneijder's left. Surely Inter see Coutinho as a long term replacement.

Also, I don't see how we'll tie the Ince deal up if Oyston refuses to take calls.

Read somewhere Inter's economy is free falling. As for Ince, wasn't it the same with Adam? He refused to take our calls to hold on to him for the remainder of the season.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 22, 2013, 06:51:34 PM »
If Ince wants to play for quote 'a big club' unquote....aka us...then he can do his damndest to sign for us in the summer...tbh..as we sold him he should hold no loyalty to us...apart from some tenous dad link...
coutinho seems happy at inter...
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8422188/Liverpool-Target-Coutinho-Hopes-To-Stay-At-Inter-

at the end of the day we want players who want to play for us...the name, the shirt etc...if they don't then there are plenty of other who will...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 22, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
Read somewhere Inter's economy is free falling. As for Ince, wasn't it the same with Adam? He refused to take our calls to hold on to him for the remainder of the season.

He did. There's an additional year clause to his contract but I've no idea under what circumstances it gets activated.

I think we should leave this until the Summer and see how motivated Ince is to join us. He shouldn't be a priority.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:16 PM »
Mersey dash: Pepe Reina's agent jetting to Liverpool for talks on keeper's future

By Alan Nixon  22 Jan 2013

Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina's agent is heading for showdown talks over the Spanish star's future at the club.

Reina's long-standing adviser, Manuel Quillon, will be on Merseyside on Wednesday for top-level discussions with the Anfield brass, because of growing doubts about his place in manager Brendan Rodgers' plans.

Barcelona could be looking for a keeper next summer while Arsenal, Inter Milan and even Manchester United are watching developments.

Rodgers has been checking out other keepers over the last few month, when Reina's performances have been mixed and his ability to start moves from the back has become a tactical issue.

Quillon wants to find out if Reina is going to be Liverpool's number one down the line.

And if the Reds say the 30-year-old can go, Quillon will want to know their asking price as some of the interested parties prepared to pay for a top keeper in this window.

Reina is on around £100,000 per week - the kind of wage that reduces the field of interested clubs to all but the elite.

Arsenal admire Reina, but the cost of the whole package would be a problem for them.

Inter are also keen, but the fee would probably be an issue.

Reina will inevitably be in former club Barca's sights - along with others - if Victor Valdes is sold in the summer rather than letting him leave on a a free when his contract expires at the end of next season.

United have a problem to address following David de Gea's latest mistake in Sunday's draw with Spurs, but will not over-pay for a keeper of Reina's age.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-pepe-reinas-agent-1549635#comments

Trouble at t'mill?

I we replace him with someone better, then fine, but if we  replace him with someone just because they're younger and/or cheaper, then that would be madness, from a footballing perspective. Then again, our owners know nothing about football and seem to have little interest in learning.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 22, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
absolute madness to let Reina go.

one would imagine the fact that the top clubs in england are keen on acquiring Reina, would be a clue to Brent.

he's 30 and now entering his best years, as a keeper.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »
absolute madness to let Reina go.

one would imagine the fact that the top clubs in england are keen on acquiring Reina, would be a clue to Brent.

he's 30 and now entering his best years, as a keeper.

Like you Dude my worry is that we won't replace him with better, just cheaper or younger. Like you say there are some 'big teams' sniffing around him. That should be a clue to his worth and quality.

I think we should try and get José Ochotorena, who was the first goalkeeping coach we had under Rafa, and the one that Reina rates the highest. He's back at Valencia at the moment.  Xavi Valero is at Chelsea now.

I found a very interesting piece about the 'decline' of Pepe:

http://liverpoolscout.com/2012/07/04/the-decline-of-pepe-reina/ 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »
LIVERPOOL BIDE THEIR TIME WITH FEDERICO FAZIO

By Charles Perrin    January 23 2013

LIVERPOOL are remaining patient as they weigh up a move for Sevilla defender Federico Fazio.

The Argentine has already been linked with moves to Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim and Russian club Zenit St Petersburg.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is hoping to make some additions to his squad this month, and the defence is one priority for him as his side have leaked 28 goals in the Barclays Premier League this season.

Fazio is valued at £5m, so the Reds shouldn’t have too much of a problem meeting the asking price.

ESPN reveals Hoffenheim have already had a bid for Fazio rejected by Sevilla.

Fazio’s agent Alvaro Torres insisted his client will only leave Sevilla if the right offer comes in.

He said: “Hoffenheim made an offer, but at the moment it is not something that is acceptable to Sevilla or the player.

“Neither Zenit nor any other Russian club has made a formal offer, although it is true that some clubs have sounded out the possibility.

“No player leaves a club to go somewhere he does not want. The offer must interest both Sevilla and the player.”

Fazio’s contract at Sevilla runs out in 18 months.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/372747

So he's a replacement for, if it happens?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:57 PM »
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers makes improved £8 million offer for Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho

By John Percy  23 Jan 2013

Rodgers has increased his offer for the Brazil international after further negotiations with Inter over the past 48 hours and remains confident of striking a deal despite competition from Southampton.

Liverpool’s latest bid is expected to be their last and they are not prepared to enter into a bidding war with Southampton, who have offered £10 million.

Mauricio Pochettino, the new Southampton manager, worked with Coutinho at Espanyol last season and his club have agreed to meet Inter’s asking price for the 20-year-old.

But it is believed Coutinho is not interested in a move to St Mary’s and Liverpool hope to agree a deal before the weekend.

Liverpool’s initial £6 million bid was rejected late last week but they have restructured their latest offer and agreed to pay an extra £2 million up front. Inter have been beset by financial problems and could find the promise of £8 million difficult to turn down.

Coutinho will require a work permit to seal a move to the Premier League and this week’s haggling means it is now unlikely he will make his debut against Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Earlier this week he had appeared to distance himself from a move to Anfield by insisting he wanted to stay and fight for his place but Liverpool remain hopeful of completing their second signing of this transfer window.

Liverpool have already signed Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea this month in a £12 million deal and are interested in Blackpool’s Thomas Ince, though not at the Championship club’s asking price.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9822328/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-makes-improved-8-million-offer-for-Inter-Milan-midfielder-Philippe-Coutinho.html

Seems like he can't wait to pull on the red shirt. I'm not sure I'd want a player who seems reluctant to come and would prefer to stay where he is.
I'd rather have a player who demanded that Ayre and the owners got their collective assess into gear and signed him - in other words someone who actually wants to come.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
Yes except for the UNDENIABLE FACT that Reina has been on a downward curve for the past 2 years and is much more prone to mistakes now.

I don't want to lose Reina but I wouldn't lose much sleep if we did.