August 15, 2020, 11:54:06 AM

Author Topic: Fergie: City Get Too Many Penaties  (Read 2849 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Fergie: City Get Too Many Penaties
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »

Sir Alex Ferguson has increased the pressure on the referee Martin Atkinson for the Manchester derby by claiming there would be a House of Commons inquiry if Manchester United were awarded as many penalties as Manchester City.

Since the start of the 2010-11 season, City have been awarded 21 spot-kicks at the Etihad Stadium and in the past three games on home soil they have been given four – two against Aston Villa and one each in the draws with Real Madrid and Everton.

United visit City on Sunday and Ferguson said: "The number of penalty kicks they get – 21 in the last year or something like that. If we got that number there'd be an inquiry in the House of Commons. There'd be a protest."

United have actually been awarded more penalties, five, than City this season, only to miss three.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Fergie: City Get Too Many Penaties
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »

Sir Alex Ferguson has increased the pressure on the referee Martin Atkinson for the Manchester derby by claiming there would be a House of Commons inquiry if Manchester United were awarded as many penalties as Manchester City.

Since the start of the 2010-11 season, City have been awarded 21 spot-kicks at the Etihad Stadium and in the past three games on home soil they have been given four – two against Aston Villa and one each in the draws with Real Madrid and Everton.

United visit City on Sunday and Ferguson said: "The number of penalty kicks they get – 21 in the last year or something like that. If we got that number there'd be an inquiry in the House of Commons. There'd be a protest."

United have actually been awarded more penalties, five, than City this season, only to miss three.

Maybe someone ought to remind him of the head of refereeing's penalty record at Old Trafford. Don't think there's much danger of City getting one at Old Trafford, or probably ever again if the effects of him decreeing Luis to be a diver is anything to go by.

What a Major Oak sized piece of turdery he is.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:53:27 PM by Tes »
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
And I bet all their serial divers have been putting in extra practice today and will all be at during the game.

And the mindless media will lap up his 'mindgames'.

Since Rodgers came out and told us he'd talked to Riley about Suarez and decisions in general, it's looked even more nailed on that Luis won't get a thing and the 50/50 decisions (especially the offsides where the benefit of the doubt is supposed to go to the attacker, and there is supposed to be clear daylight etc) have all gone against us even more.

The two things couldn't possibly be connected though could they?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »
And the mindless media will lap up his 'mindgames'.

Since Rodgers came out and told us he'd talked to Riley about Suarez and decisions in general, it's looked even more nailed on that Luis won't get a thing

yes, that has always bugged me too, over the years.

this notion that Fergie practices mindgames.

Fergie is a very smart football manager, that is the start and finish of it.

mindgames, my ar.se.  You have to be super intelligent to play mindgames.  And that is outside Fergie's abilities.

It's mere media trying to create stories and sell papers...plus the usual United supporting journalists in the national media, who are trying to pump up Fergie's persona. 
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »
With power comes responsibilty. Taggart has no idea what that even means.

One of the best managers of all time, on of the worst human beings to ever breathe O2.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »
I'm sure there will be a PC sometime around the 11 of January where he will share his concerns about Liverpool always having the officials on their side.

It's not that he say those things that pisses me off, it's that they always generate the desired effect that makes me lose it.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »

Fergie seems to have forgotten about his lad, Ashley Young's performance of Swan Lake each week, not so long ago.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »

Fergie seems to have forgotten about his lad, Ashley Young's performance of Swan Lake each week, not so long ago.

It's the hypocrisy that stinks the most and no-one in the media dare pull him up on it. It's very easy to get away with things when he bans or refuses to talk to any channel or journalist who 'dares' to challenge or asks a 'pertinent' question. Typical bad loser and equally bad winner.

Football won't be the loser once he croaks it and falls of his perch. 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
It's not that he say those things that pisses me off, it's that they always generate the desired effect that makes me lose it.

Reigns by bullying tactics. He hasn't got the guts to explain himself or dare to be challenged.

He knows exactly what he's doing. It's a form of cheating, just like his group of Tom Dalys, Nani, Young, Rooney. It wouldn't surprise me if he converts Van Pursie also.