August 10, 2020, 09:34:15 AM

Author Topic: He Aint Heavy!  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
He Aint Heavy!
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »
Not a post defending Jan Molby's weight  :)

The Justice campaign Christmas tune!

http://www.peterguy.merseyblogs.co.uk/2012/12/he-aint-heavy-hes-my-brother-h.html

I note Shane McGowan in there!  :)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: He Aint Heavy!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
Can I still get as a 7" single?  :D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
Fair play...this is pretty good...forgotten how good holly johnson's voice sounds...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
Fair play...this is pretty good...forgotten how good holly johnson's voice sounds...

Other aspects of his personality always unfairly overshadowed his talent. I blame Paul Rutherford, the flamma.  :D

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »

the Power of Love will always be one of my favourites from the 80s.

the power of love,
a force from above,
cleaning my soul

brings back memories of a time and a place.....discos, lots of hard work during my National Diploma in Business Studies at college, and a stunning girlfriend back then.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »
the Power of Love will always be one of my favourites from the 80s.

the power of love,
a force from above,
cleaning my soul

brings back memories of a time and a place.....discos, lots of hard work during my National Diploma in Business Studies at college, and a stunning girlfriend back then.

National Diplomas, Polytechnics, all a thing of the past. Still, you can always build an economy on finance and service sectors. All those nice glass fronted buildings and no nasty looking factories and engineering plants. Re-deploy the plebs to clean all those windows. Job done. No more broom and brushed.  ::)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »
National Diplomas, Polytechnics, all a thing of the past. Still, you can always build an economy on finance and service sectors. All those nice glass fronted buildings and no nasty looking factories and engineering plants. Re-deploy the plebs to clean all those windows. Job done. No more broom and brushed.  ::)

exactly.

all those dirty, noisy, sweaty, union-loving, manufacturing jobs.

who needs them.

change is what we need....a brave new world. 

let's all be cleaners, nurses and phone-line operators, in this brave new world.

and admire all those glass fronted buildings.

work of art, I tell ye.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »
exactly.

all those dirty, noisy, sweaty, union-loving, manufacturing jobs.

who needs them.

change is what we need....a brave new world. 

let's all be cleaners, nurses and phone-line operators, in this brave new world.

and admire all those glass fronted buildings.

work of art, I tell ye.

And not a spanner left in sight to put in the works.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »
And not a spanner left in sight to put in the works.

all the spanners have been donated to Asia.

and 2 billion more of aid sent this week, to help the third world go green.

and we are still sending aid to India, despite india now developing it;s own space programme.    Poor sausages.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 01:21:07 AM »
all the spanners have been donated to Asia.

and 2 billion more of aid sent this week, to help the third world go green.

and we are still sending aid to India, despite india now developing it;s own space programme.    Poor sausages.

Meanwhile, we have to pay on our ever soaring utility bills for us to go green (or should that be blue due to heating joining Bollinger and Caviar being crossed of the list of luxuries one can indulge in), like this little island makes an ounce of difference to any climate alteration.

Still, the Osbournes and Camerons can use the bodies of the old and poor to keep their fires burning this year and the chestnuts merrily roasting.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 01:50:14 AM »
Meanwhile, we have to pay on our ever soaring utility bills for us to go green (or should that be blue due to heating joining Bollinger and Caviar being crossed of the list of luxuries one can indulge in), like this little island makes an ounce of difference to any climate alteration.

Still, the Osbournes and Camerons can use the bodies of the old and poor to keep their fires burning this year and the chestnuts merrily roasting.

I see yesterday that they have moved more folks into the 40 percent tax bracket......so the middle classes will, on average, be over 1,000 pounds per family per year worse off.

the biggest thing for me, has been the NHS Privatisation Bill.  Unforgivable.   Barstewards.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »
I see yesterday that they have moved more folks into the 40 percent tax bracket......so the middle classes will, on average, be over 1,000 pounds per family per year worse off.

the biggest thing for me, has been the NHS Privatisation Bill.  Unforgivable.   Barstewards.

Somethings work well in a market situation, others don't, and health certainly falls into the latter. And as for the fragmented education system that is being developed, I simply can't figure out the logic and have yet to hear anything approaching an explanation.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, has become if ain't broke, break it, and if it ain't fixed don't fix it.  The modern politician's credo. They should all have it tattooed backwards across their foreheads so they could be reminded everytime they looked in the mirror to make sure they didn't stray from it by accident by having a good, logical idea. Slim chance of that I know, but people can win the lottery at 14,000,000-1, so maybe between them all a good idea might just slip through.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »
Somethings work well in a market situation, others don't, and health certainly falls into the latter. And as for the fragmented education system that is being developed, I simply can't figure out the logic and have yet to hear anything approaching an explanation.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, has become if ain't broke, break it, and if it ain't fixed don't fix it.  The modern politician's credo. They should all have it tattooed backwards across their foreheads so they could be reminded everytime they looked in the mirror to make sure they didn't stray from it by accident by having a good, logical idea. Slim chance of that I know, but people can win the lottery at 14,000,000-1, so maybe between them all a good idea might just slip through.

this Cameron regime is, to my mind, just as horrid as New Labour.

they are, despite their manifesto saying the opposite, privatising everything of any note.

as you say, many areas do not lend themselves to the market.

but we have crony capitalism......and the dastardly privatising of the NHS will ruin the Tories.  Mind you, Labour were moving that direction too.

I have seen too much of the private health market in America, thus I am totally depressed.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
Christmas No.1! Get in!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »