December 07, 2019, 05:10:11 PM

Author Topic: Drogba's ring.  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Drogba's ring.
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »
Dispel that thought immediately, I meant this:

Didier Drogba gives former Chelsea team-mates commemorative Champions League winners rings

Drogba, back in London after the end of the Chinese Super League season, where he has been playing for Shanghai, has been training with the club to keep fit four the forthcoming Africa Cup of Nations.

But like any guest invited to visit, he couldn't come empty-handed.

So, on Thursday night, he hosted a dinner for players and backroom staff involved in Chelsea's penalty shoot-out victory over Bayern Munich in Germany last season.

That the shindig came in the same week that Chelsea became the first holders to be eliminated in the group stages seemed to count for little as the recipients were all smiles on receiving their party packs.

The total cost to Drogba has been estimated at roughly £800,000, somewhere in the region of a month's wages for the striker. So it's two months' wages for an engagement ring and half that to honour your team-mates becoming Champions of Europe. Good to know.

Ashley Cole, for one, was so enamoured with his gift that he took to Twitter to show it off.

And in the process showed that either he or Drogba has personalised the tasteful, understated piece of jewellery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9729041/Didier-Drogba-gives-former-Chelsea-team-mates-commemorative-Champions-League-winners-rings.html#

Looks like they've all been given diamond encrusted contact lenses too. That's one fugly ring. What happened to the European Cup, and 'Chelsea' looks like it's been squashed on, especially the 'A'.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Drogba's ring.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »
Looks like they've all been given diamond encrusted contact lenses too.

Rafa has taken over a group of evil flesh-eating zombies.

as for the ring.......just proves that players have way too much money to throw around.

800 grand could have worked wonders in Africa or some other third world place.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Drogba's ring.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:43:52 AM »
Rafa has taken over a group of evil flesh-eating zombies.

as for the ring.......just proves that players have way too much money to throw around.

800 grand could have worked wonders in Africa or some other third world place.

The whole thing is vulgar. Yet again it proves that money can't buy good taste.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.