January 29, 2020, 06:29:00 PM

Author Topic: racism, well done Prince Boateng & Milan  (Read 1131 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
racism, well done Prince Boateng & Milan
« on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:27 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/jan/03/milan-players-refuse-to-play-after-racist-abuse-video

Milan players walk off the pitch after Kevin-Prince Boateng is racially abused by a section of supporters. The incident happened during a friendly between the Rossoneri and fourth tier side Pro Patria. Boateng furiously kicked the ball into the opposition fans after he heard racist chants during the match before he left the field, quickly followed by his team-mates
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: racism, well done Prince Boateng & Milan
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:10:24 AM »
this is exactly the response I have been advocating for years.

just walk off.

And England's under 21 team, when abused the other month when playing in Serbia, should have walked too.

Nothing brings clarity to an issue quicker, than when people withdraw their services/product.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »
Absolutely...if this sets a precedent then maybe something will be done against the racists...fining the club/country a paltry 30 grand isn't going to do it.
By walking off and thus restricting their trade, the rest of the paying crowd might well turn their fury on the racists who caused it...

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
Yeah, that's more walk the walk than the endless and politically correct talk.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.