October 21, 2020, 01:58:29 PM

Author Topic: 2013-2014 Season  (Read 208856 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: 2013-2014 Season
« Reply #510 on: February 12, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »
Brendan Rodgers has balls to take off Sterling in favor of a youth team player with us desperate for a goal. Not a lot of coaches would have done that.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2014, 07:01:52 AM »
Excellent result though of course we have to do it the hard way! Once we get the defence sorted out we can get top 4...i for one am not even going there with 'we can win the l..gue'...cos i'll jinx it as it'll tempt fate and enact murphys law...

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »
one down, twelve to go.

12 more cup finals

Liverpool v Swansea City   

-----------------------------
Southampton v Liverpool   

Liverpool v Sunderland   

Man United v Liverpool

Cardiff City v Liverpool

Liverpool v Spurs

West Ham v Liverpool

Liverpool v Man City   

Norwich City v Liverpool

Liverpool v Chelsea   

Crystal Palace v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Newcastle United
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:25:25 AM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 13, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
Pessimist in me says 16 points.

Realistic in me says 23 points.

Optimist in me says 29 points.

Anything above 29 points and I'd be in heaven.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 13, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 13, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
one down, twelve to go.

12 more cup finals

Liverpool v Swansea City   

Southampton v Liverpool   

Liverpool v Sunderland   

Man United v Liverpool

Cardiff City v Liverpool

Liverpool v Spurs

West Ham v Liverpool

Liverpool v Man City   

Norwich City v Liverpool

Liverpool v Chelsea   

Crystal Palace v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Newcastle United

If Man C and Chelsea progress in the CL it'll be of great benefit to us as they'll play quarter/semi finals just days before travelling to Anfield. So'ton, Man U and Spurs games will be key games. The others I consider winnable although I expect an unexpected slip up or two along the road. Impossible to predict things but I hope we can get a good string of results in the upcoming 3 games of which 2 are at home to bottom half teams. So'ton I hope and expect we will be prepared for this time round.

29 would be an absolutely massive return, I agree Edward.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:16:29 PM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »
If Man C and Chelsea progress in the CL it'll be of great benefit to us as they'll play quarter/semi finals just days before travelling to Anfield. So'ton, Man U and Spurs games will be key games. The others I consider winnable although I expect an unexpected slip up or two along the road. Impossible to predict things but I hope we can get a good string of results in the upcoming 3 games of which 2 are at home to bottom half teams. So'ton I hope and expect we will be prepared for this time round.

yes, I look at it in the same way - that is, view 3 or so games at a time. 

the away games will be difficult.....very difficult.

but we play all the top teams at Anfield.   So it is all in our own hands.

And as you say Martin - if Chelsea and City progress in the CL, they will have their resources stretched, prior to coming to Anfield.

massive games ahead - and in a month's time, when we go to Old Trafford, we will be in a position to end their chances of CL qualification.   And when Spurs visit Anfield, we would be in a position to end their CL dreams too.

But it would even just be awesome to be in the mix (within 3 points) come the final day of the season.

But if we go on a run, these next 3 months, then things are going to be very exciting.

It is all in our hands.  We must never lost sight of that fact.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 14, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
yes, I look at it in the same way - that is, view 3 or so games at a time. 

the away games will be difficult.....very difficult.

but we play all the top teams at Anfield.   So it is all in our own hands.

And as you say Martin - if Chelsea and City progress in the CL, they will have their resources stretched, prior to coming to Anfield.

massive games ahead - and in a month's time, when we go to Old Trafford, we will be in a position to end their chances of CL qualification.   And when Spurs visit Anfield, we would be in a position to end their CL dreams too.

But it would even just be awesome to be in the mix (within 3 points) come the final day of the season.

But if we go on a run, these next 3 months, then things are going to be very exciting.

It is all in our hands.  We must never lost sight of that fact.

Agree every word there Dude. It's just a such a fantastic feeling, as you say, it's in our own hands. If we could pull off something similar to what we did in the spring of 2009...

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:29 PM »
I'm not being a negative nancy but I hope there won't be much criticising if we don't win the league from people.

Our aim this season was to qualify for the CL and we are in an excellent position to do just that and I'd be delighted at the end of the season with 3rd or 4th (so long as their is no english CL winner  i.e. Arsenal or man U! :D )

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 14, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
I'm not being a negative nancy but I hope there won't be much criticising if we don't win the league from people.

Our aim this season was to qualify for the CL and we are in an excellent position to do just that and I'd be delighted at the end of the season with 3rd or 4th (so long as their is no english CL winner  i.e. Arsenal or man U! :D )

I honestly belive it's a media thing more than anything. Although some fans are starting to hope we can do I my feeling is that most of us would realise CL qualification was our original target and would represent a massive improvement on last season.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »
Firstly Howard Webb is a fornicating c**t.

Secondly we dominated and bullied Arsenal. At the emirates. Let that sink in.

Thirdly our finishing was off today but alas those are the breaks. Defensively we were suspect for the first goal and got caught out for the second.

However can I also mention that Howard Webb is a c**t? Because he is!

But more importantly our mentality is improving all the time. It's we, not the opponents, that determine the outcome of the games. I like that, even if we lost today.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »
I would agree wholeheartedly with that Edward. It's hard to take a defeat when they had to do next to nothing to get their goals. Always said I don't trust Sturridge and today is why. Horrendous finishing. Skrtel IS a liability. He made Another lay-off today totally and utterly unnecessary. He also got it wrong on their first.

Disappointed and gutted with Webb as per usual. The Gooners can moan all they want about that 2nd yellow on Steven, had Webb done what any competent referee should it would never have come to that.

Hopefully we'll make good use of the week ahead of the Swansea game. Am a tad nervous Suarez looks totally out of goal scoring form. We need him at his best for the remaining 12 games. Lets make the Swans pay for this.

Come on you redmen!!!

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
Not too bothered cos we want top 4...
henderson should have started and quite why he was rested with a week off now is anyone's guess...that it was rectified just showed the glaring error of dropping him in the first place...
we lost it in midfield today cos they had flamini back and we dropped henderson...
we can blame howard webb all we like...but if suarez stops the play acting and looking like something from the matrix then we could have got the second pen...the first pen was highly debateable as well...
as dude says we now have 12 cup finals...no more distractions, no more excuses...
we play our full strength team or we don't get top 4...

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2014, 08:32:39 PM »
We didn't drop Henderson. He had an operation on Thursday and it was a good time to give Allen a start.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »
What Edward said re Henderson.

On another not I'd like to criticise Flanagan. He actually had a terrible game yesterday. A number of times he was caught out of position giving away free-kicks in dangerous areas or providing ample space for Arsenal to attack. But worst of all was how he acted, or rather how he didn't act, on their second goal. It amazes me he didn't realise he had to move into the center and get close to Podolski.

The lad's had a run of very impressive games, but just because he's a local lad an'all he ain't excempt from criticism.

The fact of the matter is we're currently playing with two fullbacks that would struggle to make most top-sides.

Need Johnson and Enrique back ASAP.