February 22, 2020, 09:32:52 AM

Author Topic: 2013-2014 Season  (Read 163528 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: 2013-2014 Season
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2 bloody 2!!!!!

City have messed up.

They now have to win all 5 of their remaining 5 and pray that we feck up.

ok, essential to get our three points v norwich.......and then at least draw with chelsea.

to be honest, if we have negotiated norwich, then i think if we beat chelsea, the title is ours.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2014, 11:47:12 PM »
Palace beat Everton 3-2 at Woodison.  Just shows how much tougher our two games, either side of the Chelsea one, is than their (Chelsea's) two.

City's draw has given us some breathing space, but a draw against Chelsea and they are right back in it if they win their corresponding fixture, before they then go to Woodison with renewed belief, whilst we're away at the league's current form team Palace.

We still have arguably the hardest run in, especially has Palace have really hit form and Everton (for City) may be running out of steam.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »
We still have arguably the hardest run in, especially has Palace have really hit form and Everton (for City) may be running out of steam.

true Tes.

but what I take from it, is that Palace now have sealed their survival, hitting 40 points tonight.

hopefully, they can take it easier from now on in.

tho as we both know, a team that plays with no pressure or anxiety, can be a nightmare to play against.

pity sunderland could not have held on for all three points!  ha

awesome night.....i think city are wobbling, on the ropes.....possibly out on their feet.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2014, 11:56:33 PM »
if goal difference was not a factor - three wins and a loss at Palace, might have been enough.

City's goal difference is 3 better than ours. If we could overcome that at Norwich it would be great. It would leave City having to win their game in hand and try to get ahead again on goal difference, thereby essentially regaining one of the two points they dropped against Sunderland.

It will be interesting to see the team Mourinho puts out against Atletico, bearing in mind that we're the next game, and whether the result from that has a bearing on the team he chooses against us, with the return against Atletico the game after us.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:48 AM »
Hopefully Sunderland's draw tonight gives them confidence for the game against Chelsea on Saturday. A repeat of tonight would be great.

Also City's game on the 27th, when we play Chelsea, is away against Palace. Hopefully they can inadvertently make our task against them easier by beating City. If we've beaten Chelsea, and Palace could beat City, we could afford a blip against them and only draw, and it wouldn't harm our chances.

Interesting how Sunderland and Palace are having such a big say, and both us and Chelsea have our destiny in our own hands by playing each other.

Also Everton's defeat tonight may help us as there is now more importance on the City game for them.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 17, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »
City's goal difference is 3 better than ours. If we could overcome that at Norwich it would be great. It would leave City having to win their game in hand and try to get ahead again on goal difference, thereby essentially regaining one of the two points they dropped against Sunderland.

It will be interesting to see the team Mourinho puts out against Atletico, bearing in mind that we're the next game, and whether the result from that has a bearing on the team he chooses against us, with the return against Atletico the game after us.

i think they will suffer, playing a massive semi in mid week, flying, and coming to anfield at the weekend.

the key thing now, is that chelsea do not win at anfield.

as long as we draw at minimum with them.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 17, 2014, 12:12:46 AM »
Hopefully Sunderland's draw tonight gives them confidence for the game against Chelsea on Saturday. A repeat of tonight would be great.

Also City's game on the 27th, when we play Chelsea, is away against Palace. Hopefully they can inadvertently make our task against them easier by beating City. If we've beaten Chelsea, and Palace could beat City, we could afford a blip against them and only draw, and it wouldn't harm our chances.

Interesting how Sunderland and Palace are having such a big say, and both us and Chelsea have our destiny in our own hands by playing each other.

Also Everton's defeat tonight may help us as there is now more importance on the City game for them.

yes, by the time we play chelsea, things could be a lot clearer.

city could be out of it by that Sunday.

the chelsea game at anfield could turn out to effectively be a cup final.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 17, 2014, 12:19:56 AM »
true Tes.

but what I take from it, is that Palace now have sealed their survival, hitting 40 points tonight.

hopefully, they can take it easier from now on in.

tho as we both know, a team that plays with no pressure or anxiety, can be a nightmare to play against.

pity Sunderland could not have held on for all three points!  ha

awesome night.....i think city are wobbling, on the ropes.....possibly out on their feet.

Dude, it's fascinating, isn't it. Tonight's draw, whilst making City look like they are on the ropes, really could go either way - they come out fighting and inspired, or they wilt and drop off.

Likewise with Palace.  They could want to finish the season on a high, or lay back and already be on the beach by the time they play us. Palace definitely look safe and we can help that cause by beating Norwich.
They are away at West Ham next and a point there and then at home against City will hopefully see them ease off totally, though if they do beat City at home, and after their recent home win against Chelsea, they may want to go for the hat trick, especially as we're their last home game and may wish to finish on a high.
Maybe a point against City would be the best thing all round, rather than a Palace victory, setting us up to be the hat trick win against the Top Three.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 17, 2014, 12:23:26 AM »
the chelsea game at anfield could turn out to effectively be a cup final.

It definitely seems to be building towards that. Depending on City's results and our's against Norwich, a draw might suit us more than them, and 14 straight victories has never been done in the Premier League - that would be a great double to lay claim to.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:04 AM »
Dude, it's fascinating, isn't it.

Palace are away at West Ham next and a point there and then at home against City will hopefully see them ease off totally, though if they do beat City at home, and after their recent home win against Chelsea, they may want to go for the hat trick, especially as we're their last home game and may wish to finish on a high.
Maybe a point against City would be the best thing all round, rather than a Palace victory, setting us up to be the hat trick win against the Top Three.

agreed, fascinating, Tes.

Palace may finally sink City's campaign.

I bet any City supporter tonight is now looking at their final run-in with much more anxiety.

no Toure, no Kompany.......no energy, many points back......tired, emotionally and physically.

i think City will drop more points.

Chelsea at Anfield is key.

I hope we can keep our 11 men on the pitch, against the barstewards.   

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 17, 2014, 12:28:21 AM »
It definitely seems to be building towards that. Depending on City's results and our's against Norwich, a draw might suit us more than them, and 14 straight victories has never been done in the Premier League - that would be a great double to lay claim to.

yes, priority is 3 points at Norwich.... the icing on the cake would be a 4 or 5 goal win (to negate the GD)

I'd LOVE it, if we could hammer Chelsea, to effectively take the title.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 17, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
worrisome

I looked late last night at the form of Norwich.

Norwich's problems are on the road.

at home, they have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 1, of their last six home games.  That's decent form.

they do not score or concede many at Carrow Road.....6 goals in those 6 home games.....4 for norwich and 2  for their opponents.

that tells me that they will be hard to break down.

if we could get ahead, they will have to open up and come at us.......meaning we could score a few.

otherwise, it could be a scrappy encounter with little between the sides.

I'd grab three points right now, from a one goal thriller.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 19, 2014, 07:29:25 PM »
Borini

chelsea beaten at the bridge

our boy dun good!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 19, 2014, 11:00:06 PM »
otherwise, it could be a scrappy encounter with little between the sides.

A scruffy, scrappy, dire to watch 3 points, sounds OK to me. Norwich are much better at home than their league position suggests. 3 points and I couldn't care less how.

That would set us up nicely for next week.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »
half-time

2 nil up, against Norwich.

sakho has given me a few heart in the mouth moments

norwich might get a man sent off in the second half, if they continue the way they are doing.  Two men on yellows - one of them fortunate not to have been sent off.

goal difference, Man City +54 ...........  Liverpool +53