November 24, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

Author Topic: Anfield Redevelopment  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Anfield Redevelopment
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »

yes, very impressive progress.

Such rapid progress - and apparently ahead of schedule.

It's fantastic to think that our new main stand will be completed this summer.

Awesome.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 10:52:11 PM »

It looks like a multi-storey car park. There's no no need for the residents to worry where their visitors can park.  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »
The ground is the one thing FSG have really got right during their tenure.

If only we could get a CEO of the requisite knowledge and standard required.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 10:50:03 PM »
Liverpool FC looking to sell Balotelli to China as club look to sell Anfield naming rights

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-looking-sell-balotelli-10921237

Thankfully it's just a poorly worded headline and it's the new main stand they're seeking a sponsor for, not naming rights to Anfield itself.

As for Balotelli, we'll be lucky to get a China tea set for him, nevermind actual ca£h.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »
Plans for new Liverpool FC club megastore are revealed

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/plans-new-liverpool-fc-club-10992678

The new main stand is fantastic. Every time I see it I like it even more. It's going to keep our ground looking like a timeless traditional football ground rather than a souless Mechano kit bowl like all the recently built grounds.
It's also going to open up the stadium within the surrounding area rather than making it look like a ground squeezed in amongst it's surroundings that's outgrown those surroundings.

Hopefully it'll be a catalyst for a lot more investment in the area to bring so badly needed jobs and some sort of hope to the people that live there. It's always been so sad to see the surrounding area run down over the decades.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:38:17 PM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
The new main stand is fantastic. Every time I see it I like it even more. It's going to keep our ground looking like a timeless traditional football ground rather than a souless Mechano kit bowl like all the recently built grounds.

It's also going to open up the stadium within the surrounding area rather than making it look like a ground squeezed in amongst it's surroundings that's outgrown those surroundings.

Hopefully it'll be a catalyst for a lot more investment in the area to bring so badly needed jobs

I love the look of it too.

And it has been built so quickly - it doesn't feel like we have missed a beat.  FSG and the construction company deserve much credit.

A historic club and ground, like Anfield, has been properly respected.  Like you, Tes, I am aghast at the metal and plastic looking UFOs that have been built across Europe these past 15 years.   The architectural monsters look as if they have landed from some other nearby galaxy.   They look like OJ Simpson at a Klu Klux Klan rally....or Ian Paisley at the Vatican.

With such extra seats, if we want a successful side, our owners have to understand what made Anfield special.   It was the fans.  It was the atmosphere.   If it were me, I would be charging very little for tickets....maybe even make the KOP free.   The big money comes from TV revenues and sponsorship.

We have to ensure that this newly expanded stadium is not an echo chamber, where the prawn cocktail and red wine brigade dominate proceedings.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 04:23:31 PM »
"Old Trafford faces more change. New regulations mean United have to substantially increase the already-large disabled section and that will reduce the overall capacity, currently 75,653, by approximately 3,000 seats. The work is set to take place in the summer of 2017, with five different, complicated and expensive options having been considered.

Given United sell out for almost every game, the reduction in capacity is something to be addressed. As such, and despite consistently denying they are planning any significant development, the club have been weighing up various options to increase the capacity.

An extra tier of around 7,500 seats above the Sir Bobby Charlton stand is being considered. It would be of a similar size to the second tier in the Sir Alex Ferguson stand opposite, although the main stand would not have a third level.

The capacity will then be around 80,000, with a further option to build two more quadrants which, if they replicate existing ones on the other side of the ground, would boost the capacity by 4,000 each, swelling Old Trafford to an 88,000 capacity -- the second biggest in Europe after Camp Nou."

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2838728/manchester-united-consider-expanding-old-trafford-capacity

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »
ruddy ell.

just when we get around to expanding Anfield to 59,000 (ultimately, next year), Man Utd are talking of expanding to 80,000 - maybe 88,000.

United apparently made £86.7million from match day revenue alone last season, as overall revenues increased to a club record £395.2m.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 10:56:37 PM »
ruddy ell.

just when we get around to expanding Anfield to 59,000 (ultimately, next year), Man Utd are talking of expanding to 80,000 - maybe 88,000.

United apparently made £86.7million from match day revenue alone last season, as overall revenues increased to a club record £395.2m.

I wonder if keep adding bits on piecemeal at some point will really affect acoustics.

It will be interesting to see if their last two seasons start to become a more regular thing as happened with us, if their ability to sell out gets affected. An 88K stadium with 70k fans could start to be a problem, as they'd still have the work to pay for but with less income to go towards it, and it would look incredibly empty, having a further effect on the field.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 11:44:45 PM »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 05:42:53 PM »
The new Main (Dalglish) Stand is going to look superb:

No new, space age bowl, could have bettered what we already have - change doesn't always equal improvement.

It's just a shame the Kop can't be enlarged accordingly.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 08:44:14 PM »

It's going to dwarf the other stands.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »

It really is going to keep Anfield looking like a 'proper football ground', and nicely understated. No futuristic bowl that would become stuck in time and soon look dated.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 07:20:28 PM »
Liverpool fans dismayed as club sells Main Stand wooden seats for £200

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-dismayed-club-sells-11592044

Another slice of our soul gets sold.

Whilst £200/£225 seems a lot, the total amount raised if all the seats were sold for that amount won't even register as a ripple on the ocean of the cost of the new stand, or pay for the time it takes our highest paid new signing to lace his boots up for his first training session.

All it leaves is another bad taste, to add to the ticket price fiasco.