Football and lesser sports > Liverpool FC, football, sport

Anfield Redevelopment

<< < (12/12)

Tes:

--- Quote from: the dude abides on September 15, 2016, 12:31:12 PM --- Pep Guardiola urges Manchester City fans to stop Champions League booing   
* Supporters again jeered competition anthem before Mönchengladbach game
* Poor attendance prompts Guardiola to calls on fans to fill the Etihad Stadium    
The coach’s comments came in light of the fact that the 30,270 attendance at the Etihad Stadium could only partly be put down to the rearrangement of the Group C fixture at short notice after Tuesday's postponement, and was well below the 55,000 capacity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/15/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-fans-stop-champions-league-booing

--- End quote ---

I don't understand why the fans would boo the anthem. I know it's a bit pretentious to have an 'anthem', but it's all part of the packaging and marketing of the Champions League 'brand'. That branding allows the prize money that's paid out to be brought in in the first place.

the dude abides:

--- Quote from: Tes on September 25, 2016, 11:12:42 PM ---I don't understand why the fans would boo the anthem. I know it's a bit pretentious to have an 'anthem', but it's all part of the packaging and marketing of the Champions League 'brand'. That branding allows the prize money that's paid out to be brought in in the first place.

--- End quote ---

guessing it is linked to the very late postponement putting a lot of City fans out, Tes.

Tes:

--- Quote from: the dude abides on October 01, 2016, 03:09:18 PM ---guessing it is linked to the very late postponement putting a lot of City fans out, Tes.

--- End quote ---

It's an 'occupational hazard' of being a football fan. Stupid kick-off times at far flung places, late changes and generally being regarded as two places below nothing.

No other type of industry, where the 'product' is not of an absolutely essential nature, would get away with treating it's 'users' or 'consumers' the way football does.

Emotions have a lot to answer for.  ;D

the dude abides:
excatly.

but when you sell your soul to the devil, you have to dance to his tune.  :(

the one good thing about living in the tropics - was that time differences meant I got up and could watch live 3pm Saturday kicks offs at 9am or 10am my time. 

And 8 pm kick-offs were kicking off at 2pm in the tropics.

Tes:
I know Melwood is iconic, but bringing together the academy and first team makes total sense. Klopp and the first team coaching staff will be able to run their eye over the youth and junior players far more easily, and players chosen to train with the first team squad won't be 'sent back' to another site afterwards.

Total integration. One club. All together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version