February 27, 2020, 11:04:12 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2014  (Read 60363 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2014
« Reply #345 on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
Looks like we dodged an exocet not going after Rojo:

Reported bid sparks Rojo row

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/reported-bid-sparks-rojo-row-30508547.html

" A row has broken out between the representatives and part-owners of reported Manchester United target Marcos Rojo and his current club Sporting Lisbon.

It is reported that Doyen is entitled to a payment from Sporting worth 75 per cent of any declined offer for Rojo. In this instance that would equate to £12million.

Doyen holds strong rights over the player after paying 75 per cent of his transfer fee from Spartak Moscow in 2012.

Sporting, who are reported to be holding out for a figure closer to the player's £24million release clause, have also confirmed that Spartak are owed 20 per cent of any fee received for Rojo above £4million.
"

I imagine this is exactly why the PL won't allow third party ownership and it shows how complicated it becomes when trying to buy a player who is the subject of one.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 14, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »
Linked with Romero, the Argentinian keeper, who would provide serious competition for mignolet, and might even take over from him.

Liverpool keen on tying up loan deal for Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero

The Reds are looking to take Sergio Romero to the club on loan
    Romero was impressive for Argentina during the World Cup in Brazil
    If a deal can be struck Romero would provide competition to the club's No 1 keeper Simon Mignolet

Liverpool are showing an interest in Sampdoria's Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero who could leave on loan.

Romero was Argentina's hero in the penalty shoot-out with Holland at the World Cup.

The 27-year-old was named on the three-man shortlist for FIFA's Golden Glove award for the tournament's best goalkeeper as a result, losing out to Germany's Manuel Neuer.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddJLp?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=liverpool

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »
"Oh, I say, dear"

Apparently he is available for £21M-£25M and Atletico are pursuing the deal at that. Forget Lavezzi and the like, and all the other overpriced "reeks of desperation", barrel bottom scrapings we're being linked with.

Sturridge, Lambert, False 9, super flexible front 3. We have the options.

Either that or we need to swallow our pride, forget the potential embarrassment and headlines and go back in for Remy. Everyone else he's played for has had no problems, QPR are delighted to have him back and now Chelsea are being heavily linked. He's the most suitable and best suited to our system(s).

As it's becoming clear we knew Suarez was leaving this Summer, it was just for how much and to who, what was our Plan A to replace him? What was Plan B? Hope Plan A works? What was Plan C? Go to Plan B?

None of the recent links would just 'slot in'. It would need a change of system in order to accommodate any of them and a change to Sturridge's role being the biggest problem. The longer we leave it, the nearer the end of the transfer window, the more we will be forced to overpay.

Either go all out to get Reus, return for Remy or just shut the cheque book, sit back, cross your fingers and start planning for January.

The joys of our club.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2014, 05:45:31 PM »
With the news that Rihanna (who?) wants to buy us http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/you-what-rihanna-bizarre-liverpool-7600536, it does indeed look like we're going for a song: http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/15/liverpool-are-hours-away-from-signing-ex-arsenal-star-alex-song-from-barcelona-4834328/.

Now we just need a Remydy for the hangover created by our loveable Uruguayan madman's departure.

Oh, and a proper goalie.  ;D 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Linked with Romero, the Argentinian keeper, who would provide serious competition for mignolet, and might even take over from him.

Liverpool keen on tying up loan deal for Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero

The Reds are looking to take Sergio Romero to the club on loan
    Romero was impressive for Argentina during the World Cup in Brazil
    If a deal can be struck Romero would provide competition to the club's No 1 keeper Simon Mignolet

Liverpool are showing an interest in Sampdoria's Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero who could leave on loan.

Romero was Argentina's hero in the penalty shoot-out with Holland at the World Cup.

The 27-year-old was named on the three-man shortlist for FIFA's Golden Glove award for the tournament's best goalkeeper as a result, losing out to Germany's Manuel Neuer.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddJLp?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=liverpool

It makes me wonder why Sampdoria aren't bothered about him, Monaco had him on loan last season but chose not to buy him. He looked OK in his cameos at the WC but a full season performing at the required level is something completely different. We should have been all over the Diego Lopez transfer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2014, 03:22:25 PM »
Mattia Destro of Roma could be another option up front. 23, so fits the buying model seemingly being pursued, can play anywhere along the front line, mainly central, but is more than capable (for example compared to Bony) to playing in a more wide position.

13 goals and 2 assists in Serie A last season wasn't too shabby. 3 years left on his contract so wouldn't be Remy like cheap, but then who is this Summer (apart from Kelly).

Spurs are allegedly looking at him, and Roma are eyeing up a £20M bid for Jovetic. If that's the case and Jovetic is available then surely we should have our cap in that particular ring.

Manchester City transfers: Stevan Jovetic targeted by Roma for season-long loan with a view to buy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-stevan-jovetic-4057220

Even on loan for a year would address an immediate issue.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:29:09 PM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2014, 06:46:26 PM »
Moreno's finally been confirmed.

Now we just need one to score 'em and one to stop 'em.  ;D

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
If we take Falcao on loan and he plays an instrumental role in securing no. 19, is it us or Monaco who wins the title. If we agree to a loan deal for him I'd be gutted. It would go against 122 years of tradition and history of this great club. Our representatives love to tell anyone willing to listen how great a club we are. Great clubs don't loan players. fornicating period!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »
Mattia Destro of Roma could be another option up front. 23, so fits the buying model seemingly being pursued, can play anywhere along the front line, mainly central, but is more than capable (for example compared to Bony) to playing in a more wide position.

13 goals and 2 assists in Serie A last season wasn't too shabby. 3 years left on his contract so wouldn't be Remy like cheap, but then who is this Summer (apart from Kelly).

Spurs are allegedly looking at him, and Roma are eyeing up a £20M bid for Jovetic. If that's the case and Jovetic is available then surely we should have our cap in that particular ring.

Manchester City transfers: Stevan Jovetic targeted by Roma for season-long loan with a view to buy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-stevan-jovetic-4057220

Even on loan for a year would address an immediate issue.

Actually, if there was one striker I could wish we sign, it would be Jovetic. I would take him over Falcao, Cavani, Lavezzi, Reus (is he a striker really?) or what have you any day. I don't think Citeh understand what they got their hands on. A fantastic player indeed.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
If we take Falcao on loan and he plays an instrumental role in securing no. 19, is it us or Monaco who wins the title.

;D  The trophy will be presented to, and rightly so, Mr Brendan Rodgers, for implementing the final piece in his philosophy.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »
fornicating period!

Keep the faith, Martin!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLhD-h1LRQs  Stipe even dedicates the song to you.  ;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2014, 11:56:23 AM »
Actually, if there was one striker I could wish we sign, it would be Jovetic. I would take him over Falcao, Cavani, Lavezzi, Reus (is he a striker really?) or what have you any day.

Disagree about Reus, but agree about the other 'names'. Cavani is definitely not the Napoli version of Cavani.

I think we can easily play with a fluid forward line rather than (a) striker(s) and (a) player(s) either side, with one of several players filling the central area at different times in the game, and if the goals are coming from 'traditional' midfield, or players starting out wider and playing from outside to in, it really doesn't matter. There are very few 'pure' strikers who a) fit the style and b) are actually good enough, and we need both qualities, not one or the other.

I'd actually prefer to throw Ibe and even Peterson in there rather than pay for a mercenary or a 'striker' just because they're a striker, and have even squarer pegs forced into round holes.