December 05, 2020, 10:50:37 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2014  (Read 83067 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2014
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »
It is true that we've looked at him but it hasn't gone any further than that at this time.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
It is true that we've looked at him but it hasn't gone any further than that at this time.

Shaqiri would be a very useful addition on the wings...

Looking like Moreno is a done deal?

Liverpool have agreed a fee of £16.2m with Sevilla, which may rise

Moreno is flying to England on Monday with his father and agent

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2652870/Liverpool-close-sealing-Alberto-Moreno-deal-Sevilla-left-jets-England.html

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »
Alberto Moreno's Liverpool move hits snag as Sevilla look to renegotiate £16.2m deal

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481373/Alberto-Moreno-s-Liverpool-move-hits-snag-as-Sevilla-look-to-renegotiate-16-2m-deal

Time to pull the plug. They've not jerked fellow Spaniards Barca about over their purchase of Rakitic, but then Sevilla have a history of this sort of thing when dealing with non-domestic clubs.

Time to look elsewhere, but not Ryan Bertrand, and waste no more time.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
Alberto Moreno's Liverpool move hits snag as Sevilla look to renegotiate £16.2m deal

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481373/Alberto-Moreno-s-Liverpool-move-hits-snag-as-Sevilla-look-to-renegotiate-16-2m-deal

Time to pull the plug. They've not jerked fellow Spaniards Barca about over their purchase of Rakitic, but then Sevilla have a history of this sort of thing when dealing with non-domestic clubs.

Time to look elsewhere, but not Ryan Bertrand, and waste no more time.

Agreed....is Sevilla start messing about then end it...ryan bertrand though is bloody awful...and would be another cissokho..
Nigel De Jong seems to be available and linked to QPR....if cheap he's be a useful addition in our midfield, sitting in front of the back four...

There's also talk of Suso off to Porto for 4 mil!!!!!! That's insane! Loan deal maybe...but never for that money...
we've done well with emre Can for 9 mil and Lambert for 4....let's not balls it up with cheap sales and being held to ransom...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:34:38 AM by barticus »

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
Explain how he's worth more than that?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »
we've done well with emre Can for 9 mil and Lambert for 4 (the exception)....let's not balls it up with cheap sales and being held to ransom...(the norm)

Suso should  be sent out on loan if Rodgers doesn't see a place for him in the squad, but definitely not sold, not yet, and not for a mere £4M.

Ryan Bertrand shouldn't even be an afterthought, nevermind being in with a chance of actually being signed.

Whilst I'm not entirely convinced by Moreno at the sort of money being talked about, Ryan Bertrand at anything less than £20M to us for taking him of Chelsea's hands, shouldn't even be considered. I'd rather we looked at the youngsters already at the club than waste money on someone like Bertrand, who is a certain deadwood category player if ever there was one.

Why are Sevilla OK about Moreno leaving. Instead of signing Moreno, sign the player earmarked as his replacement.  8)
Sevilla aren't in as much financial strife as quite a few of the Spanish clubs, so I can't understand why they're comfortable with letting him go.

Let's sign defenders who first and foremost can defend, that's if we're serious about reducing the holes in that part of the ship before we really do start to take on water. 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »

It's called maximising your assets, like every club does to us when we come knocking. He's still a young man and has the potential to be worth more than a paltry £4M. At least it's paltry by the numbers flying around this Summer.
We need to start getting better value when we sell.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »

economics mate...
for example....napoli.....can't seem to fork out for reina for 4 mil...but is trying to charge 60/70 mil for their best player...
to sell suso for 4 mil means a significant loss for our time and energy put into that player...he's been doing well in the spanish league..and as we have seen with alberto at 9 mil...and aspas at 7 mil....then a certain skill seems to count for something...

unless of course rodgers got those 2 wrong...heaven forfend...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
economics mate...
for example....napoli.....can't seem to fork out for reina for 4 mil...but is trying to charge 60/70 mil for their best player...
to sell suso for 4 mil means a significant loss for our time and energy put into that player...he's been doing well in the spanish league..and as we have seen with alberto at 9 mil...and aspas at 7 mil....then a certain skill seems to count for something...

unless of course rodgers got those 2 wrong...heaven forfend...

Exactly. We can no longer think of things only in a sporting sense, but also in a financial sense. The prices of the two examples are a perfect illustration of what we face when buying, so purely from a common sense point of view, we have to do the same to maximise what we bring in, in order to put it to what we have to pay out.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »
he's been doing well in the spanish league..

Hence, his stock is on the rise or upward curve at the moment and that should reflect in his value, as we are seeing exactly the same thing happening with our targets.

The only thing to offset that is he has only two years left on his contract, and, apparently, has said he won't sign another unless he is playing regularly.

But as we're signing, one or two years left on contracts is not lowering prices as much as they have in the past.

Also, if we want one of Porto's players we would be given an outrageous valuation - it's how they work. So why should we 'give' them one of our players. In two years time they will be asking four fold for him.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:24:48 AM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
Additionally, we should make sure we insert a buy back clause, like Arsenal have done with Vela, for let's say £3M, if all we're getting is £4M off Porto, plus a high percentage sell-on clause, 33%-50%, again because of the low transfer fee.

If not, in a couple seasons, after regular first team football, we could see his talent develop hugely, and Porto will be the ones to benefit financially. We need to be getting a big slice of that pie.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Arsenal looking to buy Pepe Reina.

Seeing as it looks as though the manager has completely washed his hands of him for some reason, do we sell him to a direct rival?

If we're going to sell him to a direct rival then surely it has to be for more than £5M. He has two years left on his contract, not one, and by the time we've paid up our part of those two years, after all, Pepe won't have asked for a transfer, then we're at break even at best.

All the 'real' advantage in this proposed £5M deal feels like it's going to be Arsenal's.

Has Mignolet proven over the whole season to be £9M worth of improvement over Reina? Wouldn't it be better for Mignolet to have a Pepe Reina sized shadow cast over him keeping his mind focused more than a Brad Jones sized one would do.

Reina is only 31. He has a few years ahead yet. Surely it makes more sense to welcome Pepe back. Let the two of them fight it out to get the No 1 shirt (none of this squad numbers malarky for me, lad  :D) and then review it at the end of the season.

Mignolet wasn't massively impressive. Excellent in parts, a smattering of errors and some inconsistent performances. He shouldn't be the undisputed 'king of keepers' at Anfield.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »
Looks like with Southampton want daft cash for Lallana that we are getting serious about Shaqiri and/or even Firmino:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rumours-reds-open-3692097

And we seem to be having second thoughts about the price Sevilla are asking for Moreno, all things considered.

Good to see we're considering things carefully before committing huge funds. We can't afford a £18M full back this Summer and then replace him with another next Summer, like City or Chelsea would do.
Apart from the obviously huge sums of money we're talking about, it causes more disruption over too long a period. 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »
It appears we've sign Dele Alli, an 18 year old midfielder from MK Dons:

http://www.cheshire-today.co.uk/27367/

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
I am a massive fan of Suarez.....always have been.

But is he unsellable?  Or does there come a point where the figures get so crazy, that letting him go would be a smart piece of business?

e.g. say Barcelona were to offer us something ridiculous, like Sanchez for Suarez, plus 70 million?

Mind you, Suarez is almost irreplacable.  I was thinking about it today - and he might well be the best goal scorer that I have ever seen at the club in my lifetime (better than Kenny, Robbie and Ian).  Suarez is at a level, IMHO,  that only Robbie ever displayed briefly i.e. during Robbie's first season for the reds.

Suarez's second season at Anfield, has seen him develop his game, as to being a superb creator for others.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.