September 21, 2019, 09:55:35 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2014  (Read 43276 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2014
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:15 PM »
There is no up and coming Suarez. He's a one off like Cronaldo and Messi and Iniesta etc.

There are a couple of striker though who I think fit in your category of thinking Tes.

Lorenzo Insigne, Max Kruse, Mattia Destro, Manolo Gabbiadini, Alexandr Kokorin, Ciro Immobile and Alexandre Lacazette.

Obviously Immobile has only just moved to Dortmund so he is out of the equation.

I think Kruse, Kokorin and Lacazette will be the next best up and coming strikers imo. Insigne has been around at the top level more but he'll be too hard to prize away from Napoli. Gabbiadini I've seen a couple of times and he has a real exciting future but way off the others in that list in terms of development imo.

Kokorin is supposed to be Russia's poster boy for 2018.

Tes we have no need for Depay when we have Lallana, Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini and Ibe in the squad.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:00:46 PM by Edward224 »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
Arsenal and Spurs battle it out for QPR's Loic Remy as Chelsea drop out of race

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501602/Arsenal-and-Spurs-battle-it-out-for-QPR-s-Loic-Remy-as-Chelsea-drop-out-of-race

Ok, I know it's the Express, hardly the paragon of reality and accuracy, but if there's an ounce of accuracy in their assertion that both Spurs and Arsenal are interested, then I really don't get what we did with the Remy deal.

We all know that representatives and agents working on behalf of clubs talk to representatives and agents of players finding out if there's interest from the player in joining a club, long, long before the remotely interested club get round to actually contacting the current club of said player. So that being said, Remy and his agents and representatives will have full and exact knowledge of every aspect of his 'failed medical' and that information won't be hard for other clubs to access that information through football's 'network'.

So why is it that clubs such as Arsenal or Spurs would 'take chances' that we deem to be too grave, especially considering the relatively low fee, the ability to shape a contract that could limit the club's obligatory basic financial commitment whilst allowing the player to earn something near his requirements as long as his health and fitness isn't an immovable obstruction to such?
Wenger's hardly known as a risk taker, in fact quite the opposite, and Levy's not known as a profligate individual famed for his recklessness with his club's resources.

So if there is still any hint of genuine interest it must be despite the information that's obviously out there regarding what exactly it was that supposedly 'spooked' us so much. 

I get the feeling there's more of a hint of club politics about our decision, rather than an immoveable and unresolvable medical argument, otherwise the likes of Levy and Wenger & Co would also be avoiding the idea of adding Remy to their respective squads.

The longer we go without an addition of the required fit, the more we get linked with square pegs and the nearer it gets to 1st September, the more I just get the sense of 'what if' and by May 2015, it will have evolved into a sense of 'if only'.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »
Liverpool eyeing SECOND Serbian star after scouting Anderlecht ace Aleksandar Mitrovic

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395462/Liverpool-eyeing-SECOND-Serbian-star-after-scouting-Anderlecht-ace-Aleksandar-Mitrovic

Also from the same article: " Meanwhile, the Reds have denied they have launched a bid for AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli. Reports from Italy this morning indicated the club are on the verge of bidding £17.5m for the former Manchester City man, but the club have since clarified they are yet to lodge an offer. "

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »
Liverpool eyeing SECOND Serbian star after scouting Anderlecht ace Aleksandar Mitrovic

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395462/Liverpool-eyeing-SECOND-Serbian-star-after-scouting-Anderlecht-ace-Aleksandar-Mitrovic

Also from the same article: " Meanwhile, the Reds have denied they have launched a bid for AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli. Reports from Italy this morning indicated the club are on the verge of bidding £17.5m for the former Manchester City man, but the club have since clarified they are yet to lodge an offer. "

2013/14 - 23 league games 13 goals, 4 assists
                9 league play off games 3 goals, 2 assists

This is the top league in Belguim, the Jupiler League.

2014/15 - 4 league games 3 goals, 1 assist.

Interesting.  8)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
Juventus steal march on Man City, Liverpool or Man Utd with record bid for Radamel Falcao

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501583/Juventus-steal-march-on-Man-City-Liverpool-or-Man-Utd-with-record-bid-for-Radamel-Falcao

Whilst I'm not so fussed about us missing out, if City were to get him they would have to get rid of a foreign forward player (at least it's more likely to be a forward as they're rather well stocked there) in order to comply with quotas etc, so if that were to make Jovetic available then that's where we should have a very acute interest.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »
Juventus steal march on Man City, Liverpool or Man Utd with record bid for Radamel Falcao

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501583/Juventus-steal-march-on-Man-City-Liverpool-or-Man-Utd-with-record-bid-for-Radamel-Falcao

Whilst I'm not so fussed about us missing out, if City were to get him they would have to get rid of a foreign forward player (at least it's more likely to be a forward as they're rather well stocked there) in order to comply with quotas etc, so if that were to make Jovetic available then that's where we should have a very acute interest.

Do the Express have a clue what's going on?

Liverpool to make ASTONISHING £12m loan bid for Man Utd and Juventus target Radamel Falcao

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501666/Liverpool-make-ASTONISHING-12m-loan-bid-for-Man-Utd-and-Juventus-target-Radamel-Falcao

Loic Remy thinks there's a better solution.  ;D

I await their next story stating the Mancs have now moved ahead of us and Juve and fully expect to see him in a Real shirt once Di Maria's sold.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »
Balotelli in training:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvyNs_9zKMU

What a professional attitude. Not.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 21, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »
Done deal?

Liverpool have opened talks with AC Milan over a move for striker Mario Balotelli, Sky sources understand.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9432225/Sky-Sports-have-confirmed

Bring Alonso back as well and we'd be pretty much set up for the season.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 21, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »
There is no up and coming Suarez. He's a one off like Cronaldo and Messi and Iniesta etc.

There are a couple of striker though who I think fit in your category of thinking Tes.

Lorenzo Insigne, Max Kruse, Mattia Destro, Manolo Gabbiadini, Alexandr Kokorin, Ciro Immobile and Alexandre Lacazette.

Obviously Immobile has only just moved to Dortmund so he is out of the equation.

I think Kruse, Kokorin and Lacazette will be the next best up and coming strikers imo. Insigne has been around at the top level more but he'll be too hard to prize away from Napoli. Gabbiadini I've seen a couple of times and he has a real exciting future but way off the others in that list in terms of development imo.

Kokorin is supposed to be Russia's poster boy for 2018.

Tes we have no need for Depay when we have Lallana, Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini and Ibe in the squad.

Ibe's probably off out loan to Bolton, and Borini we can't bank on being at the club.

I've not seen Gabbiadini (other than Marco  ;D) or Kokorin, but all the others are the sorts I'm thinking of, and neither Sturridge or Suarez, and therefore their partnership, are strikers in the more conventional sense and I'd term our's as more of a fluid forward line than a partnership or conventional 'strikeforce', which is where my thinking of more flexible attacking players comes from, rather than what you'd call 'wingers', more wide attackers or players that play from out to in, rather than simply going down the line and putting in a supply to 'strikers'.

By having a group of players that are all capable of providing goals and chances, we'd be able, hopefully, to fashion a forward line and attack that is interchangeable in both personnel and position of said players at any given moment, whilst each combination provides it's own small individual details and minor differences, the overall unit fits the styles and tactics Rodgers utilises without it causing any noticeable upheaval or required change in approach anywhere on the rest of the pitch, and for those tasked to essentially be the supply line to the attacking unit and who occasionally drop into and out of actually being a part of that unit themselves.

Without a very obvious main goal supply (though Sturridge gets quite close), we don't get caught relying on form, injuries, suspensions etc falling favourably for us, and goals, like defending, becomes a collective task, and it takes away the human flaw of relying on another you regard as more suited than yourself. And by having more players who have 'routinely' scored goals as a part of their 'game', we increase our chances of getting the goal(s) the individual match requires from us.  As long as we can keep the question as "who will", rather than "will we" score, then we should be OK.

That's the theory anyway.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:11:00 PM by Tes »

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »
SO SO HAPPY  ;D

Balotelli dirt cheap for £16m.  ;D

When you consider Ross McCormack went to Fulham for £11m and Shane Long to Southampton for £12m hahaha!!!!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
SO SO HAPPY  ;D

Balotelli dirt cheap for £16m.  ;D

When you consider Ross McCormack went to Fulham for £11m and Shane Long to Southampton for £12m hahaha!!!!

Sometimes there's a reason that something appears to be a bargain. If it seems too good to be, it probably is.

It could prove to be a very expensive end of the line for us.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 21, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
He'll be on 90k p/w

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 21, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
I'm very very positive about this. Hell, I say this has the potential to be viewed as one of the best bits of business that was made by any team this summer. I don't give a crap about all this "he's so controversial" bandwagon the media likes to spin on. Nobody mentioned the story about his meeting with that little boy outside the training ground!

1) He's gonna bring that moment of unpredictability we lost in Suarez. That's priceless and may be the sole reason we reach top-4 again.

2) He's gonna relieve Sturridge and Sterling (our new SAS. Yeah right!) of pressure which can only be a good thing seeing as neither of the two are ready to carry it for at least another season.

3) Finally, I feel he's gonna relish the chance to prove he can be one of the best under the right manager. The fact he didn't click with Mancini shouldn't really be held against him, rather for him.

We now have a potential front 3 made up of Sterling, Sturridge and Balotelli. Few, if any team can match that. If we can just get our central midfield to work properly we should be fine both offensively and defensively.

Well made up by these news!!!  :) :) :) :)
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 22, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
Pretty much sums it for me:

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-former-liverpool-star-admits-fears-over-balotelli-deal-140822109323

And now I'm off to sit in a corner and sob. Agreeing with Emile is not good for the soul.  :D