December 02, 2020, 10:03:36 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window 2014  (Read 82887 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer Window 2014
« Reply #390 on: August 22, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »
Napoli look to take advantage of Balotelli’s Liverpool move

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/08/napoli-look-to-take-advantage-of-balotellis-liverpool-move/

" It is thought the Partenopei will look for an initial loan deal with the option to buy for €10 million. "

If they think they're getting him for €10M, then the loan fee can be the balance up to £14M.

Italian cheapskates.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 22, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Liverpool line up Samuel Eto'o on one-year deal... as Mario Balotelli back-up plan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-line-up-samuel-etoo-4091917

Bloodbath.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 23, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
Napoli agree Lucas Leiva terms

Sportmediaset claim Napoli have agreed terms with Liverpool for Lucas Leiva on loan with option to buy.

According to the Italian sources, a deal has been struck with the Reds to reunite Lucas with his old Coach Rafa Benitez.

Napoli would pay €2m to have the Brazilian midfielder on loan for one season, plus an option to buy for a further €10m in July 2015.

It’s reported the Partenopei definitively moved in for Lucas after Marouane Fellaini suffered an injury, making the Manchester United man a less appetising prospect.

He’ll replaced Blerim Dzemaili, as the Swiss international is widely expected to join Milan this summer for €3m.

http://www.football-italia.net/54789/napoli-agree-lucas-leiva-terms

I hope we insist that if they want use of our player then they are solely responsible for paying his wages. Additionally, though equally doubtful, any purchasing clause should be compulsory.

All the Italians want to do is borrow someone else's players for as long as it suits them, get that someone else to pay the wages for them and then hand them back when they've had enough with the valuation having been reduced.

So how much is this going to cost us in wages for them to have use of Lucas?

Slowly but surely Rodgers is ridding the squad of anyone with CL experience. Oh, except for Gerrard.  ::)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 23, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »
Well most Italian teams are broke....

Anyway in terms of CL experience besides Gerrard and not counting Agger in case he is sold we have:- Johnson, Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sakho, Can have all played CL football.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 24, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
i noticed that too, Edward.

it looks like Italian football is broke.

their clubs are endlessly wanting to take players on loan....or offer 2 or 3 million (token prices).

something is wrong with Italian football right now.

not a bad thing mind - to see some sense in the game.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2014, 10:46:47 AM »
i noticed that too, Edward.

it looks like Italian football is broke.

their clubs are endlessly wanting to take players on loan....or offer 2 or 3 million (token prices).

something is wrong with Italian football right now.

not a bad thing mind - to see some sense in the game.

Will the PL learn lessons from Serie A?
Serie A in the 80s and 90s was what the PL is now and has been for the last few years. Eventually all bubbles burst.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
Sunderland are looking to take Coates on loan which would be a great idea. If he gets a full season in the PL, it should show whether he's got what we need or not. There'll be a vacancy at CB next season with Toure's contract running out and it's up to both Ilori and Coates to prove they can take that spot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
QPR close to signing Liverpool defender Jack Robinson to solve the club's left-back problem

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-close-signing-liverpool-defender-4104698

So that's a grand total of £2.5M for Kelly and Robinson. I hope we've got sell on clauses of at least 25% in both deals seeing  as we are giving away our players.

Why is it the Mancs and Chelsea can get multi millions selling players even their own fans have never heard of?

Transfer failure 101.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »

SNAPPED: The FIRST pictures of Mario Balotelli wearing his Liverpool kit

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/396243/SNAPPED-The-FIRST-pictures-of-Mario-Balotelli-wearing-his-Liverpool-kit

" Balotelli, who wore odd boots in his first session on Merseyside, is on the brink of completing a £16m move from AC Milan. "

I guess the "journalist" Jack Wilson wasn't paying very close attention during the entire World Cup finals or hasn't yet received his complimentary copy of Puma's latest football boot catalogue.

Buffon even has the (non) matching gloves:

It's a good job the pink isn't on his left side (foot) as they'd be a whole host of homo(phobic) jokes in there.  ;D  (Balotelli's already having a bad influence (on me)).

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:06:31 PM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2014, 08:14:17 PM »

Torres wants permanent move, Van Ginkel to Milan on loan?

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2014/08/25/torres-wants-permanent-move-van-ginkel-to-milan-on-loan/

" According to the evening reports coming from the Milan Channel, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres and Liverpool’s Fabio Borini are now the likeliest to arrive.

Borini is another striker that is out of favour at his club and with Balotelli coming to Liverpool, Borini could get out and the former Roma man, 23, seems to be something Milan are seriously considering.
"

We could have given them Borini and €2,512,817.02 for Ballotelli.  8)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
Is there enough time to get that defensive midfield linch-pinch that Gerrard never was or will ever be?

All we'll hear tomorrow are the words Spurs and Suarez.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2014, 04:48:55 PM »
With Alex Song available, and loan is an option Barca have put on the table, it would be a good idea to move on that. Rodgers wouldn't feel he has to use Gerrard rather than trust to the inexperience of Can. He would be free to use Can as he sees fit so he's not shoved in at the deep end, and as Song would only be here for the season, he wouldn't limit Can's experience gaining in the medium and longer term.

It is becoming more and more clear that the sands of time are running out very quickly for Gerrard to be a contributing member of the first 11 on any sort of regular basis. I'd hate to see either Rodgers leave him in there too long or Gerrard to cling on, whether consciously or subconsciously and become a parody and a near invisible shadow of his former self.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
Daniel Agger Reveals Extent of Liverpool Frustrations Ahead of Possible Exit Before Deadline Day

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/daniel-agger-reveals-extent-liverpool-frustrations-ahead-possible-exit-before-deadline-day-1462681

" Agger admits  his persistent troubles for fitness are responsible for his role in the first team being consistently undermined. However, he has expressed his concern with the manner in which he was so quickly dropped by Rodgers, despite having had a key role to play before a fresh fitness concerns struck.

Speaking to Danish outlet Jyllands Posten, Agger said: "I had many minor injuries in the completely wrong times and I must realise that it is very difficult to change the team when it wins. I am not frustrated about that. I am because of the way it happened and how it was handled.

"We had, for example, won six or seven times in a row with me in the team, and then I was away from training for two days leading up to a match against West Ham because I had knee problems.

"Therefore, I didn't play in the match and so then I was out of the team."
"

On the one hand he appears to understand the situation and then he makes himself look rather unreasonable and selfish.

He plays and we win six or seven games. That's fine. He was fit for them and in the lead up to them. Hence he played. Then however if he suffers a knee problem in the lead up to the West Ham game, he sees no problem missing it, and he has to understand that the manager can't take a risk if there is an alternative, so then whilst admitting "I must realise that it is very difficult to change the team when it wins", he still refuses to accept that because he missed out on a game through injury and his replacement obviously did OK, it is his turn to miss out as the winning team is not changed, just as the winning team in the six or seven games he refers to wasn't changed, only this time the lack of change benefited him, there was also a lack of change after the West Ham game which meant he didn't get back in. The manager has been consistent in his actions, but Agger can't expect the team to remain the same if it wins with him in it, but then be changed to re-accommodate him if it wins without him, especially if he's not available to play because of injury.   

He needs to grow up, quit talking to the Danish papers and understand that if the winning team is kept the same with him in it, why should a winning team be changed just because he wasn't in it. Injuries are unfortunate for him, but they are equally as disruptive for the manager.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2014, 05:57:44 PM »
Liverpool striker Fabio Borini set for AC Milan despite Sunderland interest, according to reports in Italy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2734901/Liverpool-striker-Fabio-Borini-set-AC-Milan-according-reports-Italy.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

As he and they want a loan, which means we lose out on £14M from Sunderland, then it needs to be done on the condition that AC Milan pay all his wages and he accepts whatever they can afford to pay him without us subsidising a penny, seeing as this deal will already be costing us £14M and Borini will have a year less on his contract meaning his valuation drops also.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 27, 2014, 12:00:56 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United weigh up SHOCK £20m move for Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/396446/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-weigh-up-SHOCK-20m-move-for-Liverpool-midfielder-Joe-Allen

Throw in Kagawa, Januzaj and De Gea and we'll think about it.  ;D