January 20, 2020, 08:53:39 AM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 190048 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1350 on: March 28, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »
Ever since Martin started working for the Samaritan's suicide live helpline
;D Classic!

Callers are left with a renewed appreciation of how blessed they are to be
on this planet. They begin to see things they had previously been immune too,
the flowers of Spring, birdsong in the trees, little children laughing at play, the
sun rays streaming through the window and leaves dancing in the wind  ;D ;D

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 30, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
Was at Anfield yesterday for the All Star game. Sitting in the Kop. Loudest cheer was for Xabi.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
I read everywhere that Sterling's been one of our star performers this season. No fukcing wonder then we're 5th with virtually no chance of finishing higher than our current position.

We need to cut out this ending up in contract stories all the time. It's damaging the club. Sell the little spoilt trash brat who obviously lack the backbone to handle success unlike his younger colleague Ibe. I'd be over the moon if we could swap him for Walcott. That would be the bargain of the decade. Just sell him. Let him rot elsewhere if this place ain't good enough for him. He's pretty much average anyroad.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 31, 2015, 02:22:54 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 31, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm gonna put that one down as your best post ever Dude!!!

I shouldn't say this out loud, BUT.....at that time, I got a Keegan-type permed hairdo.   :)

Not a problem now however - since I became follically challenged.   

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 31, 2015, 02:43:50 PM »
;D Classic!

Callers are left with a renewed appreciation of how blessed they are to be
on this planet. They begin to see things they had previously been immune too,
the flowers of Spring, birdsong in the trees, little children laughing at play, the
sun rays streaming through the window and leaves dancing in the wind  ;D ;D

:D :D :D

exactly.

the depressed, after talking to Mart, they set down the phone, uplifted, ready to face a new day with hope, saying to themselves, "there but for the grace of God, go I"

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 31, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
In the end I think Sterling will sign his contract because of lack of options.

I would say that he wants to move and get his £150k (circa) p/w. But tbh I don't see many options for him this summer.

Realistically the only clubs that would be interested this summer are Man City and Arsenal. Real Madrid would love another english player on their books but they won't sign Sterling unless Ronaldo or Bale leaves (which tbh is a possibility) However Sterling would be at best a bit part player there in terms of game time.

Man City and Arsenal are interested but it would take a mega offer from either of those two clubs to entertain the idea of selling him to a rival. We'd definitely want Walcott as part exchange in any deal with Arsenal and Milner with City. He isn't going to Man Utd and Chelsea don't want him. Barca can't sign anyone and Bayern have other priorities.

So in essence his options this summer are City and Arsenal. City will be looking for a new manager and Arsenal like to be cheapskates or leave things till August.

So in the end I believe (and have no info either way just an inclination) that he'll sign a new deal on around £120k p/w rising to £160k p/w depending on performance.

Currently Sturridge is our highest earner on £150k p/w. Sterling wants parity with that but he hasn't the same track record as Sturridge which is our argument.

However I'd say City will want to make a signing of intent and I think will make Sterling their priority this summer. They need to sign english players (for more than one reason), they need pace and they need youth. So Sterling ticks all three boxes.

IMO I think its 55-45 that Sterling leaves us this summer. City will offer him £150k basic.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »
And the various ITV regions, that provided coverage of local division one games, to London-made The Big Match.

Sunday afternoon. Perfect tonic to overdoing it on the Sunday roast and Yorkshires.  ;D

Fred Dinenage was the presenter - I think it was Yorkshire TV, and a young Martin Tyler commentating on the chosen extended highlights.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 01, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »

and let's not forget the 70s hair-dos.

Bayern Munich’s Paul Breitner, left, and Hamburg’s Kevin Keegan discuss the male version of turning up at a party in the same dress.

;D

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 01, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »
In the end I think Sterling will sign his contract because of lack of options.

I would say that he wants to move and get his £150k (circa) p/w. But tbh I don't see many options for him this summer.

Realistically the only clubs that would be interested this summer are Man City and Arsenal. Real Madrid would love another english player on their books but they won't sign Sterling unless Ronaldo or Bale leaves (which tbh is a possibility) However Sterling would be at best a bit part player there in terms of game time.

Man City and Arsenal are interested but it would take a mega offer from either of those two clubs to entertain the idea of selling him to a rival. We'd definitely want Walcott as part exchange in any deal with Arsenal and Milner with City. He isn't going to Man Utd and Chelsea don't want him. Barca can't sign anyone and Bayern have other priorities.

So in essence his options this summer are City and Arsenal. City will be looking for a new manager and Arsenal like to be cheapskates or leave things till August.

So in the end I believe (and have no info either way just an inclination) that he'll sign a new deal on around £120k p/w rising to £160k p/w depending on performance.

Currently Sturridge is our highest earner on £150k p/w. Sterling wants parity with that but he hasn't the same track record as Sturridge which is our argument.

However I'd say City will want to make a signing of intent and I think will make Sterling their priority this summer. They need to sign english players (for more than one reason), they need pace and they need youth. So Sterling ticks all three boxes.

IMO I think its 55-45 that Sterling leaves us this summer. City will offer him £150k basic.

"In the end I think Sterling will sign his contract because of lack of options. " to "IMO I think its 55-45 that Sterling leaves us this summer. City will offer him £150k basic."   ;D Class. If you can convince yourself to change your opinion in the time it took you to write that, then I'm convinced too.  ;D

Sterling leaves, step forward the more grounded Ibe. Sterling to become the new 'Chelsea era SWP' at Citeh.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 01, 2015, 01:23:32 PM »
Was at Anfield yesterday for the All Star game. Sitting in the Kop. Loudest cheer was for Xabi.

And rightly so. A 'proper' Liverpool player.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:33:41 PM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 01, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
I shouldn't say this out loud, BUT.....at that time, I got a Keegan-type permed hairdo.   :)

Not a problem now however - since I became follically challenged.   

Your secrets are safe.  ;)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 01, 2015, 02:53:30 PM »
Alan Smith sets record straight on Liverpool fans attacking his ambulance

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-smith-sets-record-straight-8962535

So there!!!!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 02, 2015, 12:06:23 AM »
Raheem Sterling snubbed £100,000-a-week but has scored less goals than Jon Walters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3022207/Raheem-Sterling-snubbed-100-000-week-scored-goals-Jon-Walters.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Raheem Sterling is attempting to call the shots over his contract but his TV interview has angered Liverpool... the fans may now see him as a 'money-grabbing 20-year-old'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3022160/Raheem-Sterling-attempting-call-shots-contract-TV-interview-angered-Liverpool.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Paul Scholes: All is perfect for Raheem Sterling at Liverpool. Why leave?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/paul-scholes-all-is-perfect-for-raheem-sterling-at-liverpool-why-leave-10150190.html

He'd do well to listen to Scholes.

He signed a contract before the start of last season, and is talking about if he were offered a new contract last Summer. Nobody gets a new contract every Summer.

Harry Kane has just signed a new contract for £45K a week. Spurs needed a goalscorer. He's stepped up and made a massive impact. We needed Sterling to step up and provide the same sort of impact, if not quite the same amount of goals, in the wake of Suarez's departure and Sturridge's injuries. Has he? No.
He ought to think himself lucky we're offering him a new deal at all. After getting one at the start of last season, he's not taken it up another stage this season. How does he deserve an improved deal? Extend his deal, but not increase his pay.