November 11, 2019, 10:32:30 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 170135 times)

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1410 on: April 08, 2015, 07:21:32 PM »
Dude. I'm happy to discuss the club with everyone else here but not with you and your jaundiced views.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 08, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »
Dude. I'm happy to discuss the club with everyone else here but not with you and your jaundiced views.

but when you come back, every 6 months, you do a drive-by, to post abuse at me.

Why do you stalk me?

Barticus has long held the same views as me, regarding Rodgers, and getting Rafa (or Ancelotti) in......yet you never fire abuse at him.

You are a stalker.  That is what you are.

And I see you above arguing that we should be kicking the ball long - and yet you claim that you are a big advocate of Shankly (yet Shankly was a pass and move tactician). 

Your points (and limited analysis) never add up.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 08, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »
The ease with which a midtable Championship side defends against us is worrysome, to put it mildly. Have a feeling they'll nick this one 1-0, scoring for a set piece.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 08, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »
Dude,

You have no respect for the owners, manager or captain. How on earth do you expect me to want to discuss the club with someone who has so little respect?

Barticus doesn't call him Captain Marvel. Barticus doesn't constantly go on about Rafa. You do and to compound things you post that tripe about the owners simply because they have a different view to yours. That's why I see no point in debating things with you.

And how often I post is down to me. I'm certainly not stalking you. God forbid.

Not the best of performances tonight Martin but the only thing that mattered after 2 defeats was a win.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 08, 2015, 09:55:45 PM »
Not the best of performances tonight Martin but the only thing that mattered after 2 defeats was a win.

No it wasn't, but as you point out the choice between a good performance and progression is a no brainer. Some glimpses of positivity though.

1) We were up for it. Had we worked this hard at home there wouldn't have been a game tonight. Very good pressing. Few defensive errors apart from a misunderstanding here and there. Nothing big really.

2) Sterling had his best game for a very very long time. He was back to playing like he did before he got this idea he's a world beater. For a change he went with the easy option instead of overworking every situation.

Mignolet I think again made a couple of good saves. Coutinho started slowly but grew as the game unfolded - in contrast to how he usually performs.  Allen had another solid game and should've had a penalty. Lucas and Henderson did reasonably well but nothing out of the ordinary.

3) Sturridge just has the worst first touch I've ever seen, unfortunately. Time and again his inability to keep the ball disrupted us or lead to them winning possession. I don't know. Not sure we'll ever see anyting remotely close to last season.

All in all a good and well deserved win. Good to Bounce back from two straight defeats. Now, let's hope City can beat United and Burnley continue their good run against the top teams.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 08, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »
Agree on points 1 and 2. Lovren did a decent job given how low his confidence must be.

Mingo had a good game. I didn't think Couthino was playing for the first 25 mins. Hardly saw him on the ball but nice work to get the goal.

Pitch wasn't good which is why I think Sturridge suffered. But he's still rusty. Confidence is everything.

We need City to lose that game. That point difference with Utd could be everything.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:07 PM »
ASI how are you keeping nowadays? Hope you are doing well. It's been quite a while.

I've had my moments of weakness in regards to me wanting Brendan to go, as others will attest, but in the main I have full belief in him.

It's just the there is one major area of concern for me in which you may have read my opinion on this thread. Which is our inability or to be more precise Brendan's inability to sway AWAY from his instincts as manager in the big games and he worries more about the opposition rather than us. For me I truly believe it is this last step which is stopping us from really doing something special. Whether Brendan has the ability to get over this last step remains to be seen. As he will ultimately be judged upon these results.

As for tonights game well we won which is the most important thing. I thought Lovren had a good game and Lucas and Allen together were very effective.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 08, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
Dude,

You have no respect for the owners, manager or captain. How on earth do you expect me to want to discuss the club with someone who has so little respect?

Barticus doesn't call him Captain Marvel. Barticus doesn't constantly go on about Rafa. You do and to compound things you post that tripe about the owners simply because they have a different view to yours. That's why I see no point in debating things with you.

And how often I post is down to me. I'm certainly not stalking you. God forbid.

respect?  You speak of respect.

and what respect do you show people like Rafa Benitez?

I have told you this a hundred-plus times.  You are not a supporter, you are a worshipper.  You were not made to debate in forums, where God forbid, people will have views and ideas that will differ from the party-line.

You best form a church of your own, and go worship there.

You jump into this forum, these past couple of years, any time you see an opportunity to abuse me.

That is called stalking.

Your behaviour is not normal.  Many times I look down at the bottom of this forum's webpage, to see you online.    You don't take part.  You merely read.

And then when you think you see a chance, you jump in and fire periodic abuse at me.

Bart holds pretty much the smae opinions as me.  Yet, you do not abuse him.

Martin has been posting negative, the end-is-nigh posts, for ages.  With Rafa, Rodgers, Hodgson, Dalglish, Sterling, Henderson, Lucas, and a score of others firmly in his cross-hairs......BUT yet you never fire abuse at him.

No, the reason you hate me so much, is I have wiped your clock, so many times in the past.  Your analysis is so weak, so superficial, as to be meaningless.   

And everything you ever advocate, always turns into a pile of poo. 

Go ahead, hang around this time, and thus stop stalking me, and doing drive-byes.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 08, 2015, 10:28:59 PM »
We need City to lose that game. That point difference with Utd could be everything.

so even in early April, to stand any chance, we need other teams' results to go our way.

It would be really nice to only have to rely on our own results, to get a place in the top four.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 08, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »
ASI how are you keeping nowadays? Hope you are doing well. It's been quite a while.
Fine thanks Edward. Enjoying retirement.  :D

I've had my moments of weakness in regards to me wanting Brendan to go, as others will attest, but in the main I have full belief in him.

It's just the there is one major area of concern for me in which you may have read my opinion on this thread. Which is our inability or to be more precise Brendan's inability to sway AWAY from his instincts as manager in the big games and he worries more about the opposition rather than us. For me I truly believe it is this last step which is stopping us from really doing something special. Whether Brendan has the ability to get over this last step remains to be seen. As he will ultimately be judged upon these results.

Can't disagree with your summary of Brendan. I was also spitting bullets after both recent games. It's almost like he doesn't feel he has the expertise to win the tactical battle with top 4 managers although I think the performance and tactics against City was top notch. Does he have the faith either in himself or his players to carry out his natural game plan against Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd? Maybe HE needs a chat with the club psycho?  :D  Maybe just more experience.

As for tonights game well we won which is the most important thing. I thought Lovren had a good game and Lucas and Allen together were very effective.

Agreed. Confidence must have been low after Arsenal but they responded reasonably well against a team that love the high ball and a difficult pitch.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 08, 2015, 10:47:54 PM »
I was also spitting bullets after both recent games.

It's almost like he doesn't feel he has the expertise to win the tactical battle with top 4 managers

wow, here we have ASI, the hypocrite himself.......criticising our manager, and yet demanding that others get behind our boss.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »
Difference between us is that we criticise without having an agenda. Whereas you since June 2012 have had an agenda against Brendan.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:58:13 PM by Edward224 »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 08, 2015, 11:01:15 PM »
Difference between us is that we criticise without having an agenda. Whereas you since June 2012 have had an agenda against Brendan.

I want Brendan to succeed.  I may not have wanted him at Anfield, but I want every boss to succeed.

Now, tell me again about your agenda regarding Rafa.

Or what about your thoughts on Hodgson?

You see, from where I stand, it looks like people like you and ASI, make it up as you go along.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 09, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »
Whereas you since June 2012 have had an agenda against Brendan.
From memory we started well before then  ;D

Again from memory, Martin was an early advocate, in part owing to his
dissatisfaction with how Hodgson was jettisoned.

At first we just laughed at the notion of Rodgers being manager of LFC.
Then as if seeing a car crash in slow-motion we watched with horror as
the courtship of these yellow-pack managers unfolded in a glare of publicity.

It's been painful for me, a life-long red, ever since.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 09, 2015, 12:36:03 AM »
Agree on points 1 and 2. Lovren did a decent job given how low his confidence must be.

Mingo had a good game. I didn't think Couthino was playing for the first 25 mins. Hardly saw him on the ball but nice work to get the goal.

Pitch wasn't good which is why I think Sturridge suffered. But he's still rusty. Confidence is everything.

Just sayin IF City beat them, and then Chelsea, and the bitters do us a service AND Arsenal get a result WHILE we reproduce something similar to the form we showed between december and mid-March THEN 4th is possible. City's got arguably the easiest remaining fixture list.  No chance we'll catch them even if we win our last 7 games.