November 20, 2019, 09:35:18 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 172805 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1500 on: April 19, 2015, 05:46:27 PM »
But I was perplexed to see Gerrard in the starting line-up.

But not surprised.

Is Lucas injured? Not according to physio room.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 19, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »
For me its Rodgers out. Too many big games and too many failures.

Bingo.  ;D

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 19, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »
Brenda's tenure surely has to be at an end?  First LFC manager unable to lift silverware for some 40+ years in three years in charge.  The obscene amount of money spent last summer to reinforce the squad to challenge and remain in the UCL /top 4 and we can't even fckin beat an Aston Villa team in the semi of the FA cup!!!  The writing was on the wall from the get go.  Villa doing all of the obvious things that the top teams have done against us.  Pressure on the back 3, 5 or was it 4?  Can't fckin tell we changed formation so many times!  Where the hell did our midfield go?  They get left behind in Liverpool leaving us with a poorer version of their Hollywood doubles to replace them?

Open your eyes Henry! Arye and Bodgers are not the winning combination.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
We flatter (sometimes), but never deceive.

We couldn't hack it against Palace. Our CL campaign was insipid. Meekly handed it to Besiktas and forgot we were even supposed to be on the pitch in something more than mere appearance against the Mancs and Arsenal.

Pivotal games. Bottled. Or not cared enough about.

Before any of our players hankering for new contracts talk about the club's ambition, maybe they ought to prove their own. In matches. Not interviews.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 19, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
Just read a few posts on Red and White Kop.  Most saying changes are needed at the top, Ayres, Rodgers.  Something a few us we're stating 3 years ago!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 19, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »
Open your eyes Henry! Arye and Bodgers are not the winning combination.

Gurdeep. They may see, but do they understand? Really understand.

They need to be getting fresh advisors (if they have them). Parry and Dein on the payroll in however an informal basis would be a start - or whatever, but there needs to be a thorough re-appraisal of what we are and how we're going about it.

Transfer committees. They're called the senior scouts, chief scout, manager, his assistant and any other coaches who's opinion he trusts. It used to be called the Bootroom, and not a suit in sight.
But first we need the senior positions in the scouting operation to be filled by talent with a proven track record.

I'd be begging Malcolm Elias to come and organise youth recruitment. Borrell and Segura's departures were bordering on negligence.

Really, what is so wrong with experience? Henry, Werner, Rodgers - care to answer?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 19, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »
We flatter (sometimes), but never deceive.

We couldn't hack it against Palace. Our CL campaign was insipid. Meekly handed it to Besiktas and forgot we were even supposed to be on the pitch in something more than mere appearance against the Mancs and Arsenal.

Pivotal games. Bottled. Or not cared enough about.

Before any of our players hankering for new contracts talk about the club's ambition, maybe they ought to prove their own. In matches. Not interviews.

Hammer meet nail!

Hopefully the new manager will cut trash kids like Sterling short and instill an expectation on the players. It's funny Rodgers think the players are mentally week after praising inept and lucklustre performances for seasons on end. Sterling, Henderson need to go. 
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 19, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »
What a dire game to watch and yet it wasn't a surprise.
I assume Lucas was injured.
The midfield was non existent all game with the likes of Allen, Henderson and Gerrard. All didn't step up, and with Sterling doing a disappearing act, then we were completely toothless.
The whole Gerrard affair would have been handled differently by a decent manager, brought on to clap for the final ten minutes of his farewell tour, but Rodgers isn't a decent manager and he allows ego's to rule the roost. Rodgers has the biggest one of all and now i look forward to seeing him depart in the summer.
Mignolet ain't good enough, Lovren is god awful...and bringing on Lambert and Johnson must have really made Villa quake with fear.
At least Ballotelli showed heart and scored a perfectly decent goal.
I look at that team today and think that Coutinho, Emre, Skrtel and Moreno are the only one's worth keeping...any player who doesn't want to sign, then sell them sharpish.
and when you remember the likes of Agger and Reina let go for peanuts at the season start, then that all lies with Bodgers.
He's gone in the summer...
No hiding at Wembley, no hiding the emperors new clothes behind a defeat to the top 4 or the like...Rodgers was unveiled by Villa today as he was by the likes of the mighty Basel and Besiktas.
Fair play to Villa, they wanted it more.
Time to sack Rodgers and his staff..
Time to sack Ayres.
Time to bring in a serious manager who has a massive building job to do.
In our arrogance we talk about Klopp or Ancelotti, but who in their right minds would come to sort this shower out??
I know one man would, he cries at the Hillsborough anniversary, he's just won the italian cup and looking good for the europe league once more and his family still live in Southport.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:02:30 PM by barticus »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:24 PM »
What a dire game to watch and yet it wasn't a surprise.
I assume Lucas was injured.
The midfield was non existent all game with the likes of Allen, Henderson and Gerrard. All didn't step up, and with Sterling doing a disappearing act, then we were completely toothless.
The whole Gerrard affair would have been handled differently by a decent manager, brought on to clap for the final ten minutes of his farewell tour, but Rodgers isn't a decent manager and he allows ego's to rule the roost. Rodgers has the biggest one of all and now i look forward to seeing him depart in the summer.
Mignolet ain't good enough, Lovren is god awful...and bringing on Lambert and Johnson must have really made Villa quake with fear.
At least Ballotelli showed heart and scored a perfectly decent goal.
I look at that team today and think that Coutinho, Emre, Skrtel and Moreno are the only one's worth keeping...any player who doesn't want to sign, then sell them sharpish.
and when you remember the likes of Agger and Reina let go for peanuts at the season start, then that all lies with Bodgers.
He's gone in the summer...
No hiding at Wembley, no hiding the emperors new clothes behind a defeat to the top 4 or the like...Rodgers was unveiled by Villa today as he was by the likes of the mighty Basel and Besiktas.
Fair play to Villa, they wanted it more.
Time to sack Rodgers and his staff..
Time to sack Ayres.
Time to bring in a serious manager who has a massive building job to do.
In our arrogance we talk about Klopp or Ancelotti, but who in their right minds would come to sort this shower out??
I know one man would, he cries at the Hillsborough anniversary, he's just won the italian cup and looking good for the europe league once more and his family still live in Southport.

I just wonder. Maybe Ancelotti being the footbal man he is would fancy one last great challenge.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 19, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »

I just wonder. Maybe Ancelotti being the football man he is would fancy one last great challenge.

The Italian said:  "It's an honour to play in a legendary stadium like this one in charge of Real Madrid.

Ancelotti was in charge of AC Milan when Liverpool came back from 3-0 down before winning the Champions League final in 2005. The Reds support helped the fightback with a stunning half-time rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone and Ancelotti has revealed he will be in the dugout early, just to hear the famous song again.

He added: "It’s always been a club that excites me. The “You’ll Never Walk Alone” they sing is incredible. Nobody sings an anthem like Liverpool fans.

"I want to hear them sing it. I’m so excited… sometimes I look for it on the internet and put it on for my friends. It’s something really unique, seriously.

"[In Istanbul] There were 45,000 Liverpool fans in the ground singing “You’ll Never Walk Alone” for 10 minutes. It was incredible and for an Italian it was a shock."
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 19, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »

absolutely.

we struck gold when we got Rafa from Valencia in 2005.

And here we are, with this awesome manager, one of the best in the world, pining to come back to manage Liverpool.....and our owners, in their infinitely arrogant ignorance, brush him off.

But my over-riding suspicion is that we do not want to pay the wages of top professionals - be they players, scouts, or a manager.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 19, 2015, 08:25:52 PM »
Just read a few posts on Red and White Kop.  Most saying changes are needed at the top, Ayres, Rodgers.  Something a few us we're stating 3 years ago!

always great to see you, gurdeep.

I had a look over there now at redandwhitekop.....and saw many of the usual brigrade, who reckon that those wanting change are plastic knee-jerk fans.

like where do these sermon-givers come from........with their superior attitude, them being super-fans and all......especially galling after such an awful performance today, and across recent weeks.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 19, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »
Dude, I am still livid at today's performance. 

There was an article or was it a rumour that Brenda had lost the dressing room a few weeks ago?  This was denied at the time but based on today's showing I can't but help think that there maybe some truth to it.  The players had no fight in their belly's, no passion, no mental strength (that went with Suarez), no nothing.  Is it time for change?  I think so.  If Carlo is not at the helm then Rafa would be second choice. 

It was always risky with an unproven manager, we thought he'd learn from last season, alas that was not be the case.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 19, 2015, 09:21:32 PM »
always great to see you, gurdeep.

I had a look over there now at redandwhitekop.....and saw many of the usual brigrade, who reckon that those wanting change are plastic knee-jerk fans.

like where do these sermon-givers come from........with their superior attitude, them being super-fans and all......especially galling after such an awful performance today, and across recent weeks.

And they miss the irony that their superfan attitude and readiness to accept apparent mediocrity in the name of 'supporting' the manager regardless, period, is actually the complete opposite of the principles and beliefs Shankly built the club on and instilled into it's very fabric. We're not here merely to compete, but to win. And if the current manager, irrespective of his name, can't achieve that then another should be found who can.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:30:30 PM by Tes »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 19, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »
Dude, I am still livid at today's performance. 

There was an article or was it a rumour that Brenda had lost the dressing room a few weeks ago?  This was denied at the time but based on today's showing I can't but help think that there maybe some truth to it.  The players had no fight in their belly's, no passion, no mental strength (that went with Suarez), no nothing.  Is it time for change?  I think so.  If Carlo is not at the helm then Rafa would be second choice. 

It was always risky with an unproven manager, we thought he'd learn from last season, alas that was not be the case.

The other side of the point is should the players need to be 'on side' with the manager in order to perform in an FA Cup semi final? Where's their pride and motivation in themselves as professional footballers? What about representing the club that pays them handsomely in a way befitting of a Liverpool player?
And then what about the fans? If they can't do it for any of the above reasons then do it for the fans and the 96. Surely ANY FA Cup semi final this club competes in should always bring out more in our players than those of any other club.
Any player of this club that appears in an FA Cup semi final owes that much to the 96 and their families.