September 23, 2019, 08:55:01 AM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 141658 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1515 on: April 19, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
And they miss the irony that their superfan attitude and readiness to accept apparent mediocrity in the name of 'supporting' the manager regardless, period, is actually the complete opposite of the principles and beliefs Shankly built the club on and instilled into it's very fabric. We're not here merely to compete, but to win. And if the current manager, irrespective of his name, can't achieve that then another should be found who can.
Brilliant post, I think most of those RAWKERs are clueless kids, playing
cowboys and Indians while someone in the background cashes in on clicks.

It's sad but most of the online stuff about LFC is business (Paul Tomkins, the worst
offender). Feeding the passions and delusions of ordinary fans with utter b*llshit and
waterboarded statistics. It's easy to string these people along for years with
"we're somehow superior to other clubs and tomorrow will be better".

It's too difficult for most LFC fans to face up to reality of Chelsea, United, City and Arsenal
and many have never lived through our successful period. They don't understand the fact
that LFC simply doesn't lose FA cup semi-finals to Aston Villa.

We sacked Kenny after a year and a half in charge during which he won the C1C and narrowly
lost an FA cup final (Owner John W. Henry later noted that even a win in the FA Cup would not
have saved Dalglish's job).

Here we are 3 years in to the current project, losing semi-finals (Villa???) and being humiliated in Europe.

I honestly don't see the logic there.

The age-profile at the club is dangerously out of kilter, with the top end (high earners, no sell on value)
having being systematically slashed without replacement and bizarrely the low end demanding massive contracts???
Hallmarks of a selling club with a youth team coach that will never win anything. Smash and grab for top 4 is the
new success.

In the meantime our rivals consolidate and prosper.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »
And they miss the irony that their superfan attitude and readiness to accept apparent mediocrity in the name of 'supporting' the manager regardless, period, is actually the complete opposite of the principles and beliefs Shankly built the club on and instilled into it's very fabric. We're not here merely to compete, but to win. And if the current manager, irrespective of his name, can't achieve that then another should be found who can.

absolutely.

you can only build a top club, via absolute honesty. That is what the bootroom was about. Smart football men, speaking candidly to each other, about football issues. If a player had lost half a yard, then it was time to look at moving him on, etc.

this modern superfan type is an embarrassment to football.....football is a hgame of opinions.....it is passionate game. They are lost to those realities. Instead, they speak in modern SKY-type positive corporate lingo.....which means nothing to nobody.

I have far more respect for someone who speaks their mind - even if I do not agree with their opinions, than someone who speaks sky-type positive superfan gobblygook.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 20, 2015, 01:24:37 AM »
this modern superfan type is an embarrassment to football
They're not superfans. They're dopes (likely middle class kids) with keyboards
partaking in groupthink w*nk offs. Hierarchy's of opinions and worshipping of
false Gods. No wonder Brendan is so popular over there  ;D Arguably, he's
the perfect manager for such people.

Sky (gloss the dross) is basically about selling plain old football to the middle
classes. The actual football element is not really that important, it thrives on
manufacturing drama to prep a captive audience for the really important bit - the ads.
I've a theory that the entire enterprise is solely geared toward making viewers more
amenable or pliant to advertising. Creating a sort of heightened state of euphoria  :o
that is then ruthlessly exploited by the big ticket advertisers.

For all our faults on here and often vicious dissections (sorry A.S.I.,
sometimes we appear mean-spirited and rude  :) ) between us we
rarely fail to smell the BS. Plus we have a laugh  ;D

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 20, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »
FSG will have a review post season. Should they decide to make a change, they will hire advisors and put together a list of candidates. They will then begin approaching them.

Meanwhile Klopp probably already has multiple offers being given to his agent so he would be long gone by then if he is your wish.

For reasons much discussed Rafa won't be offered the job for those leaning that way. And no it won't be an Ancelotti type guy for sure.

So think about what the reality of a Rodgers replacement would be? It will be the same prototype of manager who'll need to work under the current system. I'm unsure who'd be a good replacement considering what I have stated.

Maybe Emery or Blanc or De Boer perhaps?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 20, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »
Quote from: surfer on redandwhitekop forum yesterday at 07:08:38 PM

"I find it absolutely mental that there are lads on here having a go at fellow fans for complaining after losing the FA Cup semi final.

Wake the fu.ck up you dicks, it seems the passion of the game got overtaken by the zeal to appear a model fan a long time ago.

In that case you lose whatever qualification that puts you in our company anyway, you deserve much better......f.uck off and polish dicks with your fellow angels.

Lose the semi-final....you poor fan you, why you complain. Wtf.

Do some of you even enjoy football any more or have you so badly failed at life that preaching on the internet is the one sole crumb of comfort left. F.ucking failures."

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:24:27 PM by the dude abides »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 20, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
ok, after reading everyones' opinions and ideas, regarding the need for change - can we have some recommendations?

some of my ideas:

Chief Executive - David Dein, Rick Parry, or .....
Head of Marketing - Ian Ayre
Manager - Benitez, Klopp, Ancelotti, or....

Chief Scout - Carr (the Newcastle scout puts in the easyjet miles across europe, and seems to know his stuff), or......

Dein is quite old, and may not want to move north (or be a traitor to the love of his life, arsenal)
Could Rick Parry work alongside Rafa - is their relationship ok?

Would Ayre accept demotion and being moved to Head of Marketing?

Is Klopp experienced enough to be considered?

Would Ancelotti be interested?

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 20, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
And no it won't be an Ancelotti type guy for sure.

So think about what the reality of a Rodgers replacement would be? It will be the same prototype of manager who'll need to work under the current system. I'm unsure who'd be a good replacement considering what I have stated.

So your basically saying that we're all doomed to hell....lol

Utd made an error with Moyes.  A guy who'd one nothing apart from keeping Everton on the top flight on a next to nothing budget.  But they learnt from their mistake.  Hired a proven manager with a proven track record.  If FSG can't see that then we're in for a bumpy ride!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:45 PM »
FSG will have a review post season. Should they decide to make a change, they will hire advisors and put together a list of candidates. They will then begin approaching them. So think about what the reality of a Rodgers replacement would be? It will be the same prototype of manager who'll need to work under the current system. I'm unsure who'd be a good replacement considering what I have stated.

I don't know much about those 3. But if you try an experiment and it doesn't work then it's a bit daft to try the same thing again. Minimum requirement? Someone who has managed a team who have won either World Cup, CL, domestic league or domestic cup in that order.

The first two might cost a fair bit but would act as a magnet for potential buys. if we go for another similar to Brendan then we have to pay a lot in wages to attract them and even then they may not come. Sanchez being the prime example.

LFC does not have the attraction of London or CL football. So we're in the same position as Man City 6 years ago and they had to pay silly money to top players. Under FFP that's no longer an option. It has to be a high profile manager.

Are you able to say why Rafa or Ancelotti wouldn't be considered?
Cheers,
Ray

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 20, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »
It's simple sack Rodgers, hire Klopp = PL within 3 years

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 20, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »
FSG will have a review post season. Should they decide to make a change, they will hire advisors and put together a list of candidates. They will then begin approaching them.

Meanwhile Klopp probably already has multiple offers being given to his agent so he would be long gone by then if he is your wish.

For reasons much discussed Rafa won't be offered the job for those leaning that way. And no it won't be an Ancelotti type guy for sure.

Their (the owners) system doesn't work. They need to understand how football works, not try and shoehorn baseball processes, models and ways of doing things into an entirely different sport.

De Boer would be an interesting choice. Blanc, not so much. He seems to have stalled or maybe he appeared to have more 'potential' in the early days than the reality merited.

Klopp doesn't strike me as a man who would 'jump' into a job quickly, no matter how many offers. I think he'd prefer to wait for the right opportunity, and he strikes me as a builder of squads rather than a cheque book manager, and his ideas of the 'right opportunity' would be different to the mainstream. He has far too much of a 'football soul' and thankfully is an individual rather than a rider of the merry-go-round.

Edward, having finally lost patience with Rodgers yesterday (at least), who would like to see, and who would be your educated prediction based on how you state the owners work?
Odd to even suggest 'advisers' when it seems their minds are so set, or will they be told what their advice 'should be' and are merely ratifiers and reinforcers, than advisors?
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 20, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »
Much more important than who will be the manager next season is to know and understand who or what this transfer committee is and giving the supporters full transparency on who is responsible for what.

Basically until we have that transparency it doesn't matter who is manager. We need accountability and transparency so that we all know where the buck stops.

If FSG want a DoF of Technical Director and put one in place next season then at least we'll get an answer. So that whoever manages under those conditions - we would have that information to hand.

I've told you once and I'll tell you again we'll never hire Rafa or Ancelotti. Unless something major changes - and it hasn't irrespective of yesterday - FSG will not hire those two.

As I've stated again and again they prefer the Rodgers prototype of manager so if we do replace Brendan it will be a manager of similar ilk. Similar age, similar ethos and similar identity on how they want to see us play.

So when I think along those lines I think of Klopp, AVB, De Boer, Rudi Garcia, Laudrup, Howe, Klinsmann, Bielsa.

I don't think of Benitez, Ancelotti, Deschamps, Allegri, O'Neill, Bilic, Simeone, Hiddink.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 20, 2015, 08:29:21 PM »

I've told you once and I'll tell you again we'll never hire Rafa or Ancelotti.

Unless something major changes - and it hasn't irrespective of yesterday - FSG will not hire those two.

As I've stated again and again they prefer the Rodgers prototype of manager so if we do replace Brendan it will be a manager of similar ilk. Similar age, similar ethos and similar identity on how they want to see us play.

that being the case (and I have always respected your inside info), then I think we our problems go much higher, than merely Rodgers.

As Tes infers, our owners have to get over themselves, and come down from their arrogant mountain top.  Their yankee sports franchoise models are not working, nor will they ever work, in England.

I will tell you the reason they want to hire young folk - they are cheap, and in being young, they are pliable and *yes men*

If FSG do not want to hire top men to lead Liverpool, then I think they should sell up.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 20, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
That may be true however they also wanted a DoF in place as well until Brendan vetoed that and they decided to hire Brendan anyway.

Therefore your point on yes men is not correct. Because they'd have got a manager to work under a DoF.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 20, 2015, 09:34:09 PM »
but Edward can you not see that FSG's strategy is fatally flawed?

Youth is not what Liverpool need.

They need top-class people, who have a successful background, and much experience.

We do not need a Director of Football.   It has never worked in English football.

We need two top people - and from that all else flows......a top-drawer Chief Executive, and a top-drawer manager.

And those two can seek out a top scout.

Children like Brendan Rodgers,  Alan Pascoe and Barry Hunter, have no place at any top club in England.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 20, 2015, 09:56:06 PM »
You're just parroting what they did the last time. It's becoming more and
more apparent how that genius process worked. Repeat again.

Are you seriously suggesting that there is no in-house expertise concerning
the hiring of managers??

Jesus, when I think how United hired Fergie and the level of buy-in from
senior people at the club (the likes of Bobby Charlton). Football people.

In that case, I'm sorry, we are where we deserve to be.