September 24, 2020, 11:37:33 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 270204 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1845 on: May 26, 2015, 03:04:33 AM »
Bascombe must also read this forum as we've said as much countless times on here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11629050/Brendan-Rodgers-is-hamstrung-by-Liverpool-acting-like-mid-table-club.html

I wonder how Bascombe feels now, about his nasty anti-Rafa rubbish. 

I don;t think those in the media, and the couple of Liverpool senior players, and some ex-players, who wanted Rafa dismissed, should ever be given much creedence again.  Indeed, I think their names should be published on a regular basis.  They have the football knowledge of a Tony Adams or a Paul Merson.   They need to be confronted regularly about their ineptness.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
The 'get an English/British manager' thing is working out well isn't it? 3 managers, 1 whole trophy, and 1 season of embarrassment in the only CL qualifying season later.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
Our American owners need to look at their counterparts down the M62.

The Mancs gave the job to a manager with masses more experience than Rodgers, just not at the very highest level. One season of finishing outside the Top Four, barely threatening to break into it at any time (sound familiar?), the manager goes, to be replaced by one more suited to their ambitions.

Last Summer the Mancs only had Van Gaal to choose from. This Summer we have more choice. Our American owners just need to follow what their counterparts in Tampa did.

We need to take the opportunity to grab a manager who's past achievements are a better indicator to what could be achieved than what Brendan's CV and 'achievements' indicate he can achieve.

Watch City improve on the manager (with Ancelotti) that won the league in his first season and finished second this season, just because their defence of the league hasn't been as 'robust' as the owners would have liked. How we would like to 'enjoy' the sort of 'failure' City's last two managers are deemed to have delivered.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 26, 2015, 10:54:06 AM »
And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse:

Harry Kewell dreams of managing Liverpool one day after five years at Anfield as a player

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3097218/Harry-Kewell-dreams-managing-Liverpool-one-day-five-years-Anfield-player.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

:D Dream on, Harry.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 26, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »
 :D

and look at how FSG's other front-runner for the Anfield job. three years ago, is getting on at Everton.

Roberto Mancini's bluenoses finished 11th with 47 points.

Let's be clear here - FSG are to football, what eskimos are to sand-castles.

Who next will they shortlist - Kewell, Merson, Adams, Allardyce, etc etc

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 27, 2015, 03:53:50 AM »

Ancelotti's agent Ernesto Bronzetti confirmed that Benitez is set for the Santiago Bernabeu, telling Italian TV channel Rai Sport: "Benitez is 99 per cent sure to go to Real."

Napoli are holding a press conference at 1pm on Thursday, apparently to announce it.

Talking about his client, Bronzetti added: "As of right now, Ancelotti wants to take a year's break. That's his intention. At Real Madrid you can be sacked if you don't win any trophies in a season."

So there you have it.  Liverpool sacked one of the finest managers in the world, and despite his love of Liverpool, his craving to return, and his home in the area, our arrogant feckwit yankee owners seemingly do not want him back at Anfield.    So he is on his way to Real Madrid.

WTF is wrong with this fecking picture.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 27, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 27, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »
Here's hoping.

I'd prefer Ancelotti but tbh I'm praying for either. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 27, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »
WTF is wrong with this fecking picture.

He's left his reading glasses on.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 27, 2015, 08:05:34 PM »
Here's hoping (though I personally would prefer Klopp).

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpool-have-approached-carlo-ancelotti-over-replacing-brendan-rodgers-marca/

I just don't see it. It would make too much sense. This is LFC you're talking about. There's no aspect of self destruct about approaching a vastly experienced coach and one of the most successful managers in the game. He's also a humble, self effacing, true football man. None of it fits with our modus operandi.

No, not having it.

We will have our hopes crushed and our worse fears realised by the end of June, and then the recruitment of more overpaid for mediocrity can begin.

And it will rain all 'Summer' as usual.  :D   

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »

Not one of Sepp's better days.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 28, 2015, 12:19:07 AM »

Not one of Sepp's better days.

The Teflon Don will somehow wriggle out of it. A lot of this happened on his watch. He should be stripped of his position and booted out of FIFA. The Qatar and Russia world cups should be re-run.

I would like to see someone like Wenger or Rick Parry in charge of FIFA, but it will never happen.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 28, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »
Here's hoping (though I personally would prefer Klopp).

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpool-have-approached-carlo-ancelotti-over-replacing-brendan-rodgers-marca/

Jurgen Klopp ‘ready to take Liverpool job, he’s ditched sabbatical plan’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/27/jurgen-klopp-ready-to-accept-liverpool-job-after-ditching-sabbatical-plans-5218319/

If either of these reports have any element of truth, and both Klopp and Ancelotti would be interested, then if FSG stick with Rodgers and don't at least pursue either option, then they're guilty of gross negligence.

It's amazing how we still have a 'pull' for real 'football men'.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 28, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »
Jurgen Klopp ‘ready to take Liverpool job, he’s ditched sabbatical plan’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/27/jurgen-klopp-ready-to-accept-liverpool-job-after-ditching-sabbatical-plans-5218319/

If either of these reports have any element of truth, and both Klopp and Ancelotti would be interested, then if FSG stick with Rodgers and don't at least pursue either option, then they're guilty of gross negligence.

It's amazing how we still have a 'pull' for real 'football men'.

And it is in that context I feel I will give up on it all together as it would effectively cut any existantial link I've had to the game in general and LFC in particular over the past 35 years - it would render it pointless to follow it as it isn't no more about football.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 28, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »
http://whatculture.com/sport/liverpool-10-reasons-why-rodgers-must-face-the-axe.php

It comes down to this (bar no. 3). If Rodgers is allowed to stay on despite the other 9 damning aspects of his poor managerial ability, it is more than obvious FSG are only in it for the money and couldn't care less about on-field development and success. As long as the new Main Stand is sold out, shirts are being sold in Indonesia and the brand is alive and kicking they won't even care if we're forced to fight for our lives to avoid relegation.

No one sane and responsible decisionmaker can arrive at another verdict than giving Rodgers his P45 considering the 9 damning reasons he has to go in the above linked article.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:11:31 PM by Martinmarx »