August 10, 2020, 07:47:27 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 257254 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #495 on: November 07, 2014, 07:59:08 PM »
I think it is fair to say no player would be signed without the say so of Brendan.

The biggest failure so far is Lovren and that was a player Brendan definitely wanted.

The one player that we don't really know is Balotelli whether Brendan ultimately really desired him or if the committee pushed that signing through.

I can say that Lovren, Moreno and Lallana are definite players than Brendan wanted.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 07, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »
I think it is fair to say no player would be signed without the say so of Brendan.

The biggest failure so far is Lovren and that was a player Brendan definitely wanted.

The one player that we don't really know is Balotelli whether Brendan ultimately really desired him or if the committee pushed that signing through.

I can say that Lovren, Moreno and Lallana are definite players than Brendan wanted.

Agreed those three are nobrainers. Sakho's a different story though. Arguably the best CB with the ball at his feet since Jockey became a role model for a young lad like meself. He never ever really got a chance IMHO. Even my Manc mate is gobsmacked at the fact we don't rate him.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 07, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
King Kenny hits it nail on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-lot-right-against-4587241

The Dalglish backing is fatal for Rodgers.

Dalglish spent 35 million on Andy Carroll and went on to claim:

"Andy's done fantastically well getting back to where he has, with his application and dedication.
Whatever Andy has done, he has done it very well, and somebody else's opinion is up to them.
But he cannot be criticised in any way, shape or form for what he has done since he has been at Liverpool."
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 07, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »
The Dalglish backing is fatal for Rodgers.

Dalglish spent 35 million on Andy Carroll and went on to claim:

"Andy's done fantastically well getting back to where he has, with his application and dedication.
Whatever Andy has done, he has done it very well, and somebody else's opinion is up to them.
But he cannot be criticised in any way, shape or form for what he has done since he has been at Liverpool."

But is Rory Smith's balanced and highly intellectual  analysis of the current state to his advantage? This is arguably one of the best pieces I ever read.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-rodgers-struggling-and-where-it-has-gone-wrong-liverpool

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 07, 2014, 10:06:03 PM »
Good link Marx.

As we know the gaffer is not to my taste but, I
love the idea of a comeback.

Besides you can only really judge a manager when
the screws start turning. He took a gamble with
Madrid and it sort of has to pay off for him tomorrow.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2014, 09:37:04 AM »
Good link Marx.

As we know the gaffer is not to my taste but, I
love the idea of a comeback.

Besides you can only really judge a manager when
the screws start turning. He took a gamble with
Madrid and it sort of has to pay off for him tomorrow.

Comeback as in comeback from the nadir he's currently in? Or did you have another fella in mind?  :D

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »
Liverpool starting line-up:

Liverpool XI vs Chelsea: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli

Rodgers blows it by starting Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson. Should've been Lallana, Borini and Allen.

Liverpool 1 - 4 Chelsea.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2014, 12:23:25 PM »
Lovren and Johnson start. FFS!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »
1-1

but this is embarrassing.

chelsea are playing us off the pitch

they are making chances for fun

they are coming forward in endless raids

there are times when we can't get out of our own half....hell, we can't even get out of our final quarter

this is embarrassing at anfield

we are totally disorganised......players colliding with each other, players out of position, etc

it's jumpers for goalposts.......headless chicken stuff......you'd see more organisation in a bowl of dust.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 08, 2014, 01:36:46 PM »
Gerrard has NO pace at all.  Henderson does'nt look like the player he was for us last season.  The team is not functioning as a team.  We will get ripped I the second half if we keep giving them the ball.

It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 08, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
yes, Gerrard needs to be playing in the north american league.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 08, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
why are we taking half a dozen touches this season.

sterling needs to be far more decisive, instead of taking far too many touches.

against top opponents, you need to be quick.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 08, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »
We are the masters of playing the ball back n forth at the back.  People pay to watch this???

Loren has the ball in fron of him......tries to chip it over Costa who wins it back.  Crikey!  This is unreal!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 08, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
highly predictable stuff.

chelsea go in front, and it is impossible to break them down

Thus, for any non-rocket scientists in the anfield dugout, KEEP THE FECKEN GAME TIGHT.

But no, David Brent, in his primary schoolyard tactics, says 'ok everyone, jumpers for goalposts'

Really, I think Rodgers should go, and go ASAP.

We have a Reading/Swansea level manager in charge of a top european club. 

Time to bring in someone of the level that we need.