January 19, 2020, 08:07:30 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 189823 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2014, 02:51:52 PM »
Chelsea the better team by far. How on earth Can was subbed and neither Henderson nor Gerrard were I'll never know. Balotelli is also a disgrace. Being offside once or twice I can understand but continuously is unacceptable. Chelsea's game management in incredible though. I can see them going undefeated all season.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »
Comeback as in comeback from the nadir he's currently in? Or did you have another fella in mind?  :D
Expecting to lose is never a great mentality to have in football (midweek),
it's what distinguishes the small clubs from the big. You lose the aura and
other clubs are watching.

If I was seeing draws against Madrid and home to Chelsea there might
be hope of a recovery, but we've been down this road so many times
before in November, December.

Gradually expectations drop so low that vague performance measures
begin to seep in and become the new success, as the grander prizes fade
in the distance - shed like beating United, developing young players and
everyone understanding the principles...

I have a hunch that we may get to the final of the Capital One Cup this season.
What can be salvaged from the rest of it, we'll have to wait and see (It's football,
anything can happen).

you'd see more organisation in a bowl of dust.
;D

& our Title challenge was blown away as easily as a
handful of dust, scattered into the 75 million pieces we
sold Suarez for

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 08, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »
So Toure plays a blinder on tuesday and effectively keeps Ronaldo quiet and then gets dropped for Chelsea...
Manquillo also played well, and bloody johnson is back...Playing Johnson is quite simply a crime. What Manquillo must think is beyond me...
Lucas also had a solid game, nope no sign there..
While that defence kept out Real Madrid mostly on tuesday night....Chelsea's first goal was a joke...almost keystone kop/harold lloyd in its inadequacy...

And as for the rest of it? One shot on target in the second half i think,
the insistence to play one striker to fill his team full of his midfield buys is a joke...

I don't want Rodgers anywhere near the football club to waste anymore money in January...
i don't think he's capable to get us to the next stage of the Champs league and so i think that will be the best time to say goodbye...

Rodgers out.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »
Nearing the point where I will turn on Rodgers. This was a disaster from a managerial point of view. For a change Coutinho looked like he could actually threat the opposition - lets take him off. Can was playing the best I've seen in a holding position this season - best take him off and keep that fornicating tit Henderson who-didn't-have-a-fornicating-pass-correct-all-game-on. Let's keep the overrated and overused Sterling on, no reason to bring one of the most creative players we have when he's doing fork all.

This isn't a step backwards. This is the end of Liverpool's dreams of ever establishing itself as a top team. From now on we ARE the new Villa, Newcy, Spurs what fornicating have you.

I'm not even Close to bitter, just resignant. Am considering taking a break for a year or two from footy.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
This is the end of Liverpool's dreams of ever establishing itself as a top team. From now on we ARE the new Villa, Newcy, Spurs what fornicating have you.
There's a lot of truth in those words.

Put simply, we seem to have no competitive advantage
in any of the myriad of key areas of the club anymore.

The one competitive advantage we had in Suarez, we sold.

It's unclear to me as yet whether the season has turned
into a salvage operation or whether there is still hope in
the CL and Capital One Cup (Balotelli wins final?). If those
remaining pins start falling, season may be over by Christmas.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
Martin, sorry to hear of your depression.  These are difficult times.  I fully empathise.

I say, come join me, as we start our campaign for the Return of Rafa.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2014, 11:42:13 PM »
Martin, sorry to hear of your depression.  These are difficult times.  I fully empathise.

I say, come join me, as we start our campaign for the Return of Rafa.

:D :D :D

Thing though mate is you know as well as I do that ain't the way forward. It never happened in footy bar Mourinho returning to Chelsea but he left as a winner and returned as one. This shed goes deeper. I hate this fucin transfer committee. I makes accountability impossible. You can't blame Rodgers for the signing because it was the committe's decision, at the same time he had a big say for sure.

As you said Dude they were outbattling us all over the pitch. They're so good it's hard to take and the different ways these two teams have developed since they last played is depressing beyond belief. I really thought Rodgers was the man but realise tonight he ain't. Nothing can get us back on track now. It's gonna get nasty over the next couple of weeks and how Toure feels tonight I don't want to know. The same goes for Lallana and Allen (who again was brilliant when he came on).

This one killed our season. We have four games coming up against "relegation fodder". I can see us get 5 points tops.

I still like Balotelli. He'd be good for us if played to his strengths, i.e., in a 4-4-2 formation. But no, I'm gonna show the world I could tame him seems to be Rodgers take on it rather than allowing him to be Mario and thus a player who really could help us. I COULD'VE fornicating TOLD YOU IN AUGUST HE'S GONNA BE A MISFIT IF PLAYED AS A LONE STRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So fornicating off!!!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »
There's a lot of truth in those words.

Put simply, we seem to have no competitive advantage
in any of the myriad of key areas of the club anymore.

The one competitive advantage we had in Suarez, we sold.

It's unclear to me as yet whether the season has turned
into a salvage operation or whether there is still hope in
the CL and Capital One Cup (Balotelli wins final?). If those
remaining pins start falling, season may be over by Christmas.

By Crimbo? You're starting to sound like that naive and rosetinted Martinmarx, FFS.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 09, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »
By Crimbo? You're starting to sound like that naive and rosetinted Martinmarx, FFS.
;D

Cheer up Marx, it's easier if you step back from the
matches and I'm not saying that as a fairweather fan.
If I believe in the manager and team I'll tune in to
everything and watch all the games.

Used love watching Rafa's teams, so drilled and his
obsession with winning.

I doubt he'll be back unless he wins Serie A.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 09, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
;D

Cheer up Marx, it's easier if you step back from the
matches and I'm not saying that as a fairweather fan.
If I believe in the manager and team I'll tune in to
everything and watch all the games.

Used love watching Rafa's teams, so drilled and his
obsession with winning.

I doubt he'll be back unless he wins Serie A.

Am considering doing that for the first time ever as a way to look after my health. I'm not screaming and kicking like a spoilt child here, I don't carry unrealistic expectations. In fact I expected a slightly negative reaction to last season's overachievement fighting it out for 4th. But I never expected us to look this lost, to see Rodgers utterly and completely out of ideas, caught up in the same stubborness Rafa became the victim of. In essence, it's all gone and from here it's a process of, at the very least, 6-8 months before Tom and John catch up and realise they need to take the bitter pill of sacking the manager. It's back to square 1 again. With a new manager needing another 18-22 months to build his own team. So, all in all the next 3 seasons are pretty much a lost cause.

Rodgers may come good and be a successful manager in the future, it just won't be at Liverpool I fear.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 09, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »

:D :D :D Classic.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 09, 2014, 12:20:58 PM »
In fact I expected a slightly negative reaction to last season's overachievement fighting it out for 4th.

Exactly. We took two giant strides forward last season, despite wearing the lead boots that are our defensive side. When you do that you normally need to take a small backward step to right your balance and equilibrium.

Challenging for top four, probably finishing third without seriously being in the title race would have been that step, whilst also dealing with the demands of the CL.

We look more like a clueless, legless drunk, and Rodgers is looking like his bluff has been called.

The players who performed so well in midweek get jettisoned for the normal underperformers, and they, err, underperform.

The more the hole, the more Rodgers keeps digging. The ego will crash land at the end of the season, and he'll have no excuses. He's been backed. He can't have any complaints there.

Compare how he's doing with how Koeman's doing with Southampton. They're all new players to him, and he to them. Then there are the new players to the remaining squad from last season. They've had a large turnover of players, we've just had a large influx.

He seems bereft of ideas. Plans B & C are 'more of plan'. He seems determined to prove something that is proving to be 'unproveable'.

He reminds me of a dog chasing it's tail, the harder it proves to catch, the more he tries.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 09, 2014, 07:39:59 PM »
Compare how he's doing with how Koeman's doing with Southampton. They're all new players to him, and he to them. Then there are the new players to the remaining squad from last season. They've had a large turnover of players, we've just had a large influx.
Well fair play to Southampton, more power to them.

The bleakness (and it is pretty bleak if you look at the table,
with West Ham, Swansea and Southampton ahead of us) of
the matter is that incomprehensibly we gave Southampton
in the region of £50 million over the Summer and yet they are
11 points ahead of us!  :o

That's where I scratch my head and wonder if it's all a big joke.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 09, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »
the notion was that in raiding Southampton of it's best players, we make ourselves stronger and them weaker.

But our Anfield rocket scientists, seem to have actually ridden Southampton of it's deadwood, thus making Liverpool weaker and Southampton stronger.

There are no flies on David Brent.

The problems always arise (with a poor manager) when things go wrong......because a poor manager has no idea how to rectify major problems.  And so we are with Brendan.  The lad is way out of his depth.

We sit on 14 points from 11 games.  We have lost five games.   Only 8 other clubs have conceded more goals.

We can't score goals.  And we cannot stop conceding goals.

This could be a long hard season.  My first target is 40 points.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 09, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »
the notion was that in raiding Southampton of it's best players, we make ourselves stronger and them weaker.

But our Anfield rocket scientists, seem to have actually ridden Southampton of it's deadwood, thus making Liverpool weaker and Southampton stronger.
And this is where we arrive back at two key points:

Firstly, the Liverpool Way is sell Keegan, buy Dalglish.
We may not always have been the richest club but
had a competitive advantage in areas such as scouting:
Geoff Twentyman

So there no point in twittering away about the great traditions
of our club, fortress Anfield (more like White Flag Bernabéu)
and other PR nonsense, if we spend £50 million strengthening
Southampton FFS.

Point 2 is, why categorically refuse to work under a DoF, if
we subsequently spend £50 million strengthening Southampton FFS.

These are the great mysteries of Rodgers tenure.

Excuses? I'm sure the constraints under which the brave managers of
Southampton, West Ham (ok Fat Sham  ;D ) and Swansea work, make
us look like a bloated, clueless and spoilt enterprise.