July 10, 2020, 04:28:21 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 246690 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #540 on: November 14, 2014, 03:08:36 AM »
FACT (said in my Rafa voice)

Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini have failed to score a goal between them in 888 minutes in the Premier League.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 14, 2014, 08:25:10 AM »
FACT (said in my Rafa voice)

Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini have failed to score a goal between them in 888 minutes in the Premier League.

Is right and that is so bad you have to ask whether they actually are that bad. Same goes for the whole team. We're bad, but are we really this bad? I dread thinking we are. The truth shall be revealed over the next 6 games.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 14, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
It's not that they are that bad it is the fact that two of them are basically statutes who don't run and need be in the box - and the box alone - to be effective. They don't run out wide. They don't interchange with the wide men or the attacking midfielders.

Which means that the central midfield cannot replicate last season when they could play the ball out wide or move out wide or central - basically wherever Suarez and Sturridge vacated their particular area on the pitch.

Even when we only had Sturridge available last season the midfield was able to spring balls into different positions and move into different positions.

With Lambert and Balotelli they simple cannot do that and are dictated by that lack of movement. Which is why they look disjointed.

Lambert was excellent for Southampton in the premier league because their midfielders were based around Lambert being in that box. Southampton replaced like for like. Lallana with Tadic, Lambert with Pelle. They haven't changed the system so they seem flawless and the players fit in easily. Our system has changed. Whether Brendan wanted it too or not I don't know. But results prove that with the new players, the same midfield and different attack - no wonder we are having big problems.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 14, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »
good points.

the Liverpool manager bought two lamp-posts, when instead he needed mobile lighting.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 16, 2014, 12:46:16 AM »
It's not that they are that bad it is the fact that two of them are basically statutes who don't run and need be in the box - and the box alone - to be effective. They don't run out wide. They don't interchange with the wide men or the attacking midfielders.

Which means that the central midfield cannot replicate last season when they could play the ball out wide or move out wide or central - basically wherever Suarez and Sturridge vacated their particular area on the pitch.

Even when we only had Sturridge available last season the midfield was able to spring balls into different positions and move into different positions.

With Lambert and Balotelli they simple cannot do that and are dictated by that lack of movement. Which is why they look disjointed.

Lambert was excellent for Southampton in the premier league because their midfielders were based around Lambert being in that box. Southampton replaced like for like. Lallana with Tadic, Lambert with Pelle. They haven't changed the system so they seem flawless and the players fit in easily. Our system has changed. Whether Brendan wanted it too or not I don't know. But results prove that with the new players, the same midfield and different attack - no wonder we are having big problems.

Indeed very good points.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2014, 09:24:04 PM »
good points.

the Liverpool manager bought two lamp-posts, when instead he needed mobile lighting.
There are those fans, the majority, who have
become lately critical of the manager but
nevertheless pull with the club, identifying
problems and proposing solutions.

Then there's myself and Dude in our long entrenched
positions drinking tea (Buckfast, Gin?) and refusing
to fight, citing the futility of going over the top if the
Germans have machine guns  ;D

Different points of view, is all, we'd all love to see
us top of the table and bestriding Europe like the
Colossus Shankly spoke of.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 16, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 18, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
Then there's myself and Dude in our long entrenched
positions drinking tea (Buckfast, Gin?) and refusing
to fight, citing the futility of going over the top if the
Germans have machine guns  ;D

Different points of view, is all

:D

when in Britain (before I left to play in the Central American Premiership), I would mix my red and white wines......drinking with a straw to improve the impact.  And wash them down with what I called Rocket Fuel (i.e. Carlsberg Special Brew - which is 9 per cent beer).   

Over here, my tipple is red wine and beer.  The locals like what is known as Seco.  Seco means DRY in English.  Seco looks like vodka....clear.   It is a rocket fuel - I tried it 6 years ago.....and even a tiny amount rewired my brain connections and made me wonder if I would ever return to the land of the sane (semi-sane).

From such stability, I offer my perspectives on my north west of england team from half way across the world.  What could possibly go wrong.

Like Rab C Nesbitt offering his thoughts on the G20 Talks.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 18, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »
You couldn't make this 5h1t up  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/glen-johnson-one-worlds-best-8117314

;D

that is a major thing that irks me about modern day life....they are all so busy patting each other on the back, and often on the back of endless awards ceremonies.

Glen is a step or two up from Traore.  But that is all.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2014, 10:01:11 PM »
Sturridge  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 18, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »
Sturridge  :'( :'( :'(

It's over for him unfortunately. He's gonna be like this from now until he retire early at the age of 28. Tragic to see such talent go wasted but it's a fact he can't be relied on in the future. We need to move on now and appreciate the 18 monts we got. Desperate times calls for desperate measures we need to off-load whatever we can to bring in the likes of Lavezzi, Jovetic and Reus this coming window or I'll seriously fear for the future of this club.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »
You mean Berahino, Delph and Rodriguez  ;D (no that's not a hint just me attempted to be funny!)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 18, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »
 :o

40 points can't come quickly enough.   

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 19, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »
:o

40 points can't come quickly enough.

That's the depressing truth. Good news though Henderson is out. Shold give our best player Allen a start alongside Can.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 19, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
You couldn't make this 5h1t up  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/glen-johnson-one-worlds-best-8117314
It's about balance, if you want Johnson in the side,
then you need a central defender who is in command,
a DM who can cover the ground and a winger who is
aware of tracking back. He's a luxury (modern) defender.

I would mix my red and white wines......drinking with a straw to improve the impact.  And wash
them down with what I called Rocket Fuel (i.e. Carlsberg Special Brew - which is 9 per cent beer).   
Thunderbird (blue i think) did the job also, before they banned it  ;D

It's over for him unfortunately. He's gonna be like this from now until he retire early at the age of 28.
Feel sorry for Sturridge. Season could easily unravel.

I don't buy the notion of bad luck though, things happen for
a reason and the reason or 90% of it is the decisions made
by the manager in the off-season.

Silverware in the domestic cups, CL and respectable league
position (Europe, preferrably CL) are still on the table, last
time I looked, so there's no point in making excuses.

The gaffer needs to find solutions.