April 05, 2020, 02:26:25 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 218210 times)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #585 on: November 23, 2014, 10:34:37 PM »
As for Klopp. Dortmund's even worse off than us.

1 B Munchen     12  9  3  0  31-3   30
  2 Wolfsburg     12  7  2  3  24-12  23
  3 Mönchengladba 12  5  5  2  16-9   20
  4 Leverkusen    12  5  5  2  20-16  20
  5 Hannover      12  6  1  5  10-14  19
  6 Augsburg      12  6  0  6  15-12  18
  7 Schalke       12  5  2  5  17-17  17
  8 Hoffenheim    12  4  5  3  17-18  17
  9 Mainz         12  3  7  2  15-14  16
 10 Paderborn     12  4  4  4  18-18  16
 11 Köln          12  4  3  5  12-13  15
 12 Frankfurt     12  4  3  5  20-24  15
 13 Hertha Berlin 12  4  2  6  17-22  14
 14 Freiburg      12  2  6  4  13-16  12
 15 Hamburg       12  3  3  6   6-14  12
 16 Dortmund      12  3  2  7  14-19  11
 17 W Bremen      12  2  4  6  14-26  10
 18 Stuttgart     12  2  3  7  14-26   9
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 23, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »
Sorry no apology from me.

I'll never ever apologise for backing, giving support and goodwill to any LFC manager that comes in to our club. (besides Hodgson). You ought to try it sometimes.

where was your support for Rafa?

You know, the guy who came in, and took us to number one in the European Club listings; two Champions League Finals in two years, won the FA Cup, took us to second in the league, etc etc.

You turned on him the minute he had a poor season (despite all the crap he had going on in the background).

Plastic fan is what comes to mind re your support.

Of course, people like me and Tes endlessly warned you about the madness of appointing folk like Hodgson and Rodgers. 

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 23, 2014, 11:50:13 PM »
As for Klopp. Dortmund's even worse off than us.

1 B Munchen     12  9  3  0  31-3   30
  2 Wolfsburg     12  7  2  3  24-12  23
  3 Mönchengladba 12  5  5  2  16-9   20
  4 Leverkusen    12  5  5  2  20-16  20
  5 Hannover      12  6  1  5  10-14  19
  6 Augsburg      12  6  0  6  15-12  18
  7 Schalke       12  5  2  5  17-17  17
  8 Hoffenheim    12  4  5  3  17-18  17
  9 Mainz         12  3  7  2  15-14  16
 10 Paderborn     12  4  4  4  18-18  16
 11 Köln          12  4  3  5  12-13  15
 12 Frankfurt     12  4  3  5  20-24  15
 13 Hertha Berlin 12  4  2  6  17-22  14
 14 Freiburg      12  2  6  4  13-16  12
 15 Hamburg       12  3  3  6   6-14  12
 16 Dortmund      12  3  2  7  14-19  11
 17 W Bremen      12  2  4  6  14-26  10
 18 Stuttgart     12  2  3  7  14-26   9

yes, plastic fans analyse one season.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 23, 2014, 11:55:33 PM »
yes, plastic fans analyse one season.

Says the man who didn't give the current manager 5 games before declaring to the world what an utter piece of shed he was compared to his God Rafa. A bit rich, innit?

The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 24, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »
Unlike you we've both swallowed the bitter pill and admitted we got it wrong, whereas you harp on about Rafa to anyone willing to listen. Your inability to be critical of Rafa undo your credibility mate.

There really is no point to sack Rodgers before the end of the season, unless we can convince Ancelotti or some manager of that kind to jump ship and join us. The season is pretty much over (will be on Wednesday) which also gives the owners a lot of time to think

you and Edward have came late to the table (i.e. accepting Rodgers is way out of his depth).

I do not see any acknowledgement of getting it wrong, nevermind an apology (for all the abuse).

And I do see an importance for sacking Rodgers pre-Christmas.

We are playing bottom 6 football.  We are rubbish.  This is the worst football I have ever seen Liverpool play......worse than Hodgson....worse than Dalglish....worse than Houllier.....worse than Souness.

We keep this up, over the next month, and we will be sitting on top of the relegation places.

But who do we get in as caretaker.  I don't know.  And given their very poor recruitment skills, I suspect  our owners have even less of a clue (than me).

Will Ancellotti leave Madrid this summer.  I dunno. 

Klopp has been linked to Arsenal lately.

Rafa would, I imagine, make himself free this summer, if the Anfield hotseat became available.

Interesting times ahead (tho squeaky bum times too)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 24, 2014, 12:01:57 AM »
Says the man who didn't give the current manager 5 games before declaring to the world what an utter piece of shed Brendan Rodgers was, compared to his God Rafa.

well, was I wrong?

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 24, 2014, 12:08:29 AM »
Rodgers claims: “I’m not arrogant enough to think that I will be in a job through anything,” Rodgers said. “Any manager will tell you that you have to win games and you have to get results, especially after how we’ve been developing as a football club. But I have a great communication line with the owners. We’ve been honest enough with each other but ultimately you have to get results. You have to perform. In my first year when we weren’t maybe getting the results we were performing well.

“Owners and directors and chairmen and chief executives have to see development on the field. Barring this period, our development has been very good and fast. But there’s no doubt as a manager you have to get results. That will support the confidence to the owners, and you take it from there. I will only ever do my best.

"The best has seen us develop well. Now I need to fight even harder. And take the responsibility because as manager full responsibility comes down to me. Any pressure comes on to me.”

“It was bitterly disappointing,” Rodgers said. “Nowhere near the levels we’d expect, after a very good start. You’ve seen a team low on confidence today. Not quite together as a team. We need to find a solution very quickly because it was very disappointing.

“It’s my responsibility as the manager, ultimately. I put the team out there, the best team to win us the game. We made a good start. You could see our passing was a wee bit tentative, and then we make mistakes."

"Mistakes you wouldn’t expect to see from a team that’s supposed to be challenging.

"We failed to manage the game."

_______________________________________ _________________

I wish Brendan would be more forthright.

When in any of Liverpool's matches, under his tenure, have we "managed the game" ????

It's school-boy stuff....jumpers for goal-posts.  And to be sure of winning, we need to be two or three goals clear before the final 5 minutes of any game.

And again, he seems to think Liverpool making mistakes is some rare thing.  His Liverpool teams constantly is making basic errors, that cost us goals.  Every game. 

He needs to have a look in the mirror and accept that his is the name in the envelope.
Strange that the manager of Liverpool FC
should start talking to the media about his job
security.

One wonders if the end-game is approaching...

He certainly seems rattled now and the last thing a manager
should be doing is talking about the necessity of short-term
results...what happened to the bigger picture? I don't think
he knows what he's about at all, at all, tbh.

The panic set in after Real's visit to Anfield when we were outclassed
in every area of the football club.

His decision to flip/flap with team selection for the Bernabeu game
sent out a very mixed signal to the players and whether he
knows what he's about at the top level.

He needs to get out of the group now, I reckon to halt the slide. This
should be achieved by any means necessary.

Forget about the opposition in the Prem and start turning losses into results,
draws or wins.

I think his big decision is what to do about the defense (Agger, wtf was he thinking?)
'cos we're going nowhere leaking goals at the rate we are.

It's probably two calls, drop Stevie and stick Lucas in at DM and then either the keeper
or a centre-back needs to be changed.

Jesus, crying to the media when he should be ruthlessly solving the problem  ::)

recovery period = about 6 weeks... (and it doesn't have to be pretty!)

Get a grip Rodgers.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 24, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »
well, was I wrong?

You just convinced me you celebrated when Gerrard slipped.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 24, 2014, 12:28:15 AM »
Strange that the manager of Liverpool FC
should start talking to the media about his job
security.

One wonders if the end-game is approaching...

He certainly seems rattled now and the last thing a manager
should be doing is talking about the necessity of short-term
results...what happened to the bigger picture? I don't think
he knows what he's about at all, at all, tbh.

The panic set in after Real's visit to Anfield when we were outclassed
in every area of the football club.

His decision to flip/flap with team selection for the Bernabeu game
sent out a very mixed signal to the players and whether he
knows what he's about at the top level.

He needs to get out of the group now, I reckon to halt the slide. This
should be achieved by any means necessary.

Forget about the opposition in the Prem and start turning losses into results,
draws or wins.

I think his big decision is what to do about the defense (Agger, wtf was he thinking?)
'cos we're going nowhere leaking goals at the rate we are.

It's probably two calls, drop Stevie and stick Lucas in at DM and then either the keeper
or a centre-back needs to be changed.

Jesus, crying to the media when he should be ruthlessly solving the problem  ::)

recovery period = about 6 weeks... (and it doesn't have to be pretty!)

Get a grip Rodgers.

Good post. The problem is there are so many of them. Look at Mignolet who failed to hit a 60 yard field that eventually led to their 2-1 goal. Skrtel and Lovren is the worst CB pairing I've seen since I started watching LFC in the late 70's. The midfield is a complete mess and upfront we're simply too weak.

That's the pesonell. Then there's the issue of tactics. It is amazing how disjointed the various departments of the team are. There's no structure, no organization. The players look like they have no idea how to move. When we defend we do so by numbers. We pack the box and hope that's enough rather than actually defend with purpose. At the other end we attack with numbers hoping the next player will do something so that I don't have to. Opponents defend with ease because all it takes is to stick 2 or 3 players to play the pressing game between our back four and our midfield and so we're done.

This is the worst run since October 2009 when *cough* *cough* Rafa blew it. I see no indication the rot will stop anytime soon but I share your estimation Ed he's got about 6 weeks to fix it.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 24, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »
You just convinced me you celebrated when Gerrard slipped.

why are you trying to mix and match answers to different questions.

Suarez covered up all of Rodger's inadequacies.

Now, let me say it again re Rodgers being a poor manager - well, was I wrong?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 24, 2014, 01:01:53 AM »
Good post. The problem is there are so many of them. Look at Mignolet who failed to hit a 60 yard field that eventually led to their 2-1 goal. Skrtel and Lovren is the worst CB pairing I've seen since I started watching LFC in the late 70's. The midfield is a complete mess and upfront we're simply too weak.

That's the pesonell. Then there's the issue of tactics. It is amazing how disjointed the various departments of the team are. There's no structure, no organization. The players look like they have no idea how to move.

well, who is in charge of bringing players in; training them; selecting the team; and deciding the tactics?

Did Reina have to go?  Agger?

Who the hell thought Lovren was good enough?

Or Lambert?

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 24, 2014, 10:06:20 AM »
I think we're all pretty dismayed and appalled by our utter and complete failure in the transfer market. Question though is whether that's down to Rodgers or if the blame should be shared? From a structural point of view our problem seem to stem from a) the directive of the owners, i.e., buy young talent with potential which is then executed by a dysfunctional transfer-committee. Such a set up surely decreases transparency and the ability to point the finger. In short we don't know whether Lavezzi was a no go because of the directors, or because the transfer committee didn't rate him or because Rodgers didn't want him. It's a fornicating mess, a cluster fork if you like.

It is mindblowing when you consider we could've gone for Alonso, Lavezzi, Turan and Alves, instead chose Lovren, Marcovic, Balotelli and Moreno.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »
Brilliant article this. Sums it up pretty much for me although I'm a bit more pessimistic he can actually do it again. Good read anyroad.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/11/i-want-him-to-do-it-again/

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 24, 2014, 05:18:11 PM »

Interesting reports linking us with Klopp who's not happy at Dortmund due to them selling all the best ones off to Bayern. A german cup, 2 german league wins, a runners up and a champs league final is a pretty good CV.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 24, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »
where was your support for Rafa?

You know, the guy who came in, and took us to number one in the European Club listings; two Champions League Finals in two years, won the FA Cup, took us to second in the league, etc etc.

You turned on him the minute he had a poor season (despite all the crap he had going on in the background).

Plastic fan is what comes to mind re your support.

Of course, people like me and Tes endlessly warned you about the madness of appointing folk like Hodgson and Rodgers.

You never knew me when Rafa was manager so you have no idea what I was thinking/doing at that time. Personally Dude the day Rafa told Xabi Alonso he couldn't be at the birth of his child and thus create that tension between the two which ended in Alonso being sold (at his own request) the following summer. That combined with the fact he couldn't get to grips with how to compete continously in the premier league didn't make me cry when he left. I never actually actively wanted to get rid of him dude. But I wasn't being pro-active in demanding he stayed either.

I said at the time I wanted a root and branch clear out of the club from owners to directors to the manager. Martin knew me then and will attest to that.

But alas I digress.