December 05, 2020, 05:38:18 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 293520 times)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #645 on: December 01, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »
Nice link Ed.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 02, 2014, 08:37:16 PM »
I think the one thing that gentlemen on the phone in forgot to mention is the fact that we have a weak setup at board level.  The owners, FSG, have tried their best to make the right decisions for this club.  Of that I have no doubt whatsoever.  But I believe the decisions that they have made  thus far have been made in consultation with a chief executive who is not fit for purpose.  I always wished and hoped for a David Dein type character or better still, David Dein himself.  A man who knows how to run a big club. Not some guy who cut his teeth at Huddersfield!

It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 02, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »
totally agree, Gurdeep.

Ian Ayre, in my opinion, is nothing more than a good marketing man.

We have never got  over the loss of Rick Parry.  I know some, like Tes, never agreed with me on that one.

David Dein would have been a great acquisition. 

Our owners have no idea, and are dependent on the likes of Ayre and Rodgers.....neither of whom know the first thing about football success  IMHO.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »
another three points closer to 40.

more comedy defensive work to behold.

never a good sign, when one is playing the bottom team in the premiership, and despite them being down to ten men, they are pinning you back in your own half for long periods.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 03, 2014, 12:30:37 AM »
If that wasn't one of the worst peformances of the season. We were shambolic through 90 minutes. Utterly and completely outplayed by a 10-men Leicester. I actually thought they were much closer to 2-2 than we going 3-1 up. This ain't over. Pretty much any other team would've at least drawn us tonight, even Burnley.

I fear we'll come back down to earth on Saturday at home to Sunderland.

Brendan will destroy Sterling if he keeps starting him. The lad is so poor and void of confidence at this time it's painful to watch. Speaking of poor, for how long will Henderson be allowed to display worthless peformance after worthless peformance until Can gets a proper chance? Mignolet, don't fukin get me started!

Again, Rodgers decision to go with the same formation he's used thus far is really killing the game. Why is it so fuckin hard for him to admit he doesn't have the players to play that ball game? FUCKIN WHY? Can't he see the players are so confused and stressed they can't even get into the pressing game. Did we won one dead ball tonight?

Going through Newsnow you get the feeling we're on the right way For those of you who Think (oone I imagine) so, let's meet up again around 6 o'klock on Sunday December 21st.  The Mancs and Arsenal will beat us well and truly.

It has come to the point where I don't see a change in the way we play and perform until we change the manager. And it hurts. I was right about GH, I was right about Rafa, and I believe I'm right on this one as well, unfortunately.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:32:53 AM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:52 AM »
Interesting stat on Lucas this season...

Liverpool's record this season : P10, W7, D1, L2. They've won two of 11 games without him.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 03, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
Liverpool this season in all comps:

With Lucas: WWLWWLWDWW (7W, 1D, 2L)

Without Lucas: LWLDLWLDLLL (2W, 2D, 7L)

It's amazing what a good defensive-midfielder, can do to protect one's defence.   ;D

Perhaps even Brent will catch-on that Lucas is a good player.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 04, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »
Liverpool this season in all comps:

With Lucas: WWLWWLWDWW (7W, 1D, 2L)

Without Lucas: LWLDLWLDLLL (2W, 2D, 7L)

It's amazing what a good defensive-midfielder, can do to protect one's defence.   ;D

Perhaps even Brent will catch-on that Lucas is a good player.

Nothing like the threat of the sack to concentrate the mind...us lot have been saying Gerrard can't do the defensive midfield thing for nearly a year, and in the end it was thing that cost us the premiership last year.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 04, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »
absolutely, Bart.

indeed, I have been saying it for ten years.  Gerrard should never be allowed to sit in front of the defence or be in our last line.

For me, he would always have played wide right in midfield, or not at all.

Yes, we paid the ultimate price for having Gerrard at the back, in losing the title last season, to his piece of nonsense.

And across his career, he has given so many goals away, by mad pass backs, that has resulted in gifts for the opposition.

But as you say, re Rodgers, the threat of the sack helps the mind focus.   ;)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 05, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »
This article outlines, for me at least, the main reason I'm convinced Rodgers isn't the right man. I'm not saying Henderson is completely without qualities or capabilities. But handing him a "very important role" also means other players present or future won't have it. In other words, we won't get better stuff than Henderson which also means we'll look at finishing 6-9 on a permanent basis.

Rodgers say we've now hit rock bottom and we'll come out of this stronger. Me, on the other hand, can see us draw, draw, lose, draw, lose our next five games against Sunderland, Basel, United, Bournemouth and Arsenal. That would effectively kill our season once and for all.

Bitterly disappointed with Rodgers. But it seems Dude, Ed and Tes was right he was too inexperienced for the job. I fear we'll witness Sakho rise to prominence elsewhere as well, while we're stuck with Skrtel and Lovren scratching our heads why our defense never work out.

http://www.squawka.com/news/brendan-rodgers-praises-impact-of-liverpools-jordan-henderson/238626
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:15:36 AM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »
Henderson is out of form but he also suffers from not having movement from the strikers. As I said last season with two strikers with exceptional movement he blossomed.

For me its a temporary blip in regards to his form. I would say Henderson is one of those players that takes longer to get back into form because he hasn't the natural abilities of say other players in his role elsewhere like Fabregas or Toure or Ramsey that facilitates their cyclical movement of getting into form quicker. Henderson is more manufactured in that he had to work harder to attain the level he was at. So takes him longer to get back into form.

By handing him the vice captaincy it says that with hard work and good mentality plus a good attitude on and off the pitch that you can also one day attain that role within the squad. Plus who else is there for that role anyway.

I agree the next 5 games will be telling and will show whether Rodgers is right or not. I too can see defeats against the mancs and arsenal. Also see us drawing with Basle - especially if we are only 1-0 up going into the last 15 mins. So yes we shall see in a couple of weeks time.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 06, 2014, 03:56:54 PM »
Terrible, terrible first half. Rodges says we've turned the corned. Yeah right we have. We'll draw this just as I predicted.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 06, 2014, 04:32:50 PM »
it seems Dude, Ed and Tes was right, Brendan Rodgers was too inexperienced for the job.

welcome to the dark side, Martin. 

And Edward, you are welcome to come over too.

In our coven later this evening, we are holding a pagan communion at the altar of Sir Rafa.

:)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 06, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »
Here it goes:

Rodgers out!!!