January 27, 2020, 12:00:30 AM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 191930 times)

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #765 on: December 16, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
'Rodgers said: "We have to recapture the team ethos. With the emphasis of the team, it is clear to me that we are searching to find solutions.'

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9607425/Brendan-Hints-At-Dressing-Room-Issues-

So basically after getting rid of dissenters aka people who can smell bullshitters aka reina, agger, et al...Bodgers still finds himself with disharmony in the dressing room.
Basically he's lost it and they're treating him like they did Hodgson.
Why is Bodgers still here??

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2014, 11:13:09 AM »
Sack him off...Bring back Rafa.

exactly.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 16, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
Alarming Statistic

Here we are mid-December, and Owen Goals is still Liverpool’s joint top scorer in the league (Own Goals, 3)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »
Alarming Statistic

Here we are mid-December, and Owen Goals is still Liverpool’s joint top scorer in the league (Own Goals, 3)
I don't mean to sound arrogant but,

I've been working on the training field with Owen
since he arrived, explaining the principles to him,
I think he's a better player now and the way I've
set the team up to play to this strengths...  :D

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
I hear Sakho isn't even in the match squad again. This bullying of our best CB must stop. Rodgers out!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 17, 2014, 12:11:41 PM »
I don't mean to sound arrogant but,

I've been working on the training field with Owen
since he arrived, explaining the principles to him,
I think he's a better player now and the way I've
set the team up to play to this strengths...  :D

:D

I think our glorious leader is building the team around our centre-forwards Skytrel and Owen Goals.

Fear not, we are in transition.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 17, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »
So we win and this thread hasn't been updated since midday. If we had lost I somehow doubt this would have been the case  :-X

I thought it was a very good performance. For me our first goal was our best goal of the season. 50 odd passes and 2-3 mins of pass and move encompassing what pass and move football is all about.

Markovic looked very good. Coutinho and Lallana were superb. Sterling in that false 9 position looks promising and found his shooting boots. Well apart from his last chance!

Sakho looked right at home when he came on. Smooth and calm just what our defence needs.

I was wondering about our mentality at 2-0 were we to concede and at 3-1 even moreso when only the woodwork denied them.

I am actually happy with Chelsea in the semis. Rather the semis than the final imo. This is because of our counter-attacking abilities at the Bridge if we can somehow muster a win or get to the 2nd leg with low score draw. Hopefully we have a new GK and Sturridge back for that.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 17, 2014, 11:44:03 PM »
So we win and this thread hasn't been updated since midday. If we had lost I somehow doubt this would have been the case  :-X
Ok, potential banana skin avoided. We've skidded on so many this season,
one was bound to get away.

Beating championship sides is our manager's forte, or don't you know.

Chelsea will be tough.

btw, I've nothing against us winning silverware.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 18, 2014, 12:22:44 AM »

I thought it was a very good performance. For me our first goal was our best goal of the season. 50 odd passes and 2-3 mins of pass and move encompassing what pass and move football is all about.

Markovic looked very good. Coutinho and Lallana were superb. Sterling in that false 9 position looks promising and found his shooting boots. Well apart from his last chance!

Sakho looked right at home when he came on. Smooth and calm just what our defence needs.

I was wondering about our mentality at 2-0 were we to concede and at 3-1 even moreso when only the woodwork denied them.

I am actually happy with Chelsea in the semis. Rather the semis than the final imo. This is because of our counter-attacking abilities at the Bridge if we can somehow muster a win or get to the 2nd leg with low score draw. Hopefully we have a new GK and Sturridge back for that.

I would agree with all of that. But I do Think you should've mentioned the number of chances they were allowed to create. We were actually very lucky to concede only 1.

For all the praise Sterling recieves (2 good goals but again very poor passing and dribbling) my MOTM was Lallana by a country mile. Rodgers must build the team around him, or at least have him as one of the first names on the team sheet. Also impressed by Markovic who's cross for Henderson to set up Sterling was Modricesque. Sakho hasn't played a minute since early September.  Yet, what a presence. Just one missed pass. You really can tell the rest of the team are confident in his ball handling skills. Brought some much needed stability and calm. Also made a couple of important break ups. Must start against Arsenal.

Hopefully we can build on our brilliant first half.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 18, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
Jesus Tes, you should be a detective   :D

Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »

I know it's the season of goodwill to all men (and current Liverpool managers), but I find it hard to get all weak kneed at the idea of beating Bournemouth.

Now Chelsea, that's a whole different song, but again, to be thinking that way is sad, considering where we and they finished in the league last season, and where they and us are respectively this season. And that in nutshell is the whole point and problem.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 18, 2014, 12:24:43 PM »
One thing I will congratulate the manager on and that is taking the competition seriously.

The Milk Cup was good enough for Bob Paisley and until a Liverpool manager can display his trophy winning prowess then every trophy is worth winning and every competition taken seriously.

Anything else is disrespectful to the club, the past managerial greats, the fans and the competition, and we as a club weren't built on disrespect and cheap short cuts.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 18, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
One thing I will congratulate the manager on and that is taking the competition seriously.

The Milk Cup was good enough for Bob Paisley and until a Liverpool manager can display his trophy winning prowess then every trophy is worth winning and every competition taken seriously.

Anything else is disrespectful to the club, the past managerial greats, the fans and the competition, and we as a club weren't built on disrespect and cheap short cuts.

:thumbsup: Amen to that!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 18, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »
Good result.

But I knew from the start, that Bournemouth tactics were all wrong. 

They played an open game, unbalanced, attacking every time they got the chance (and leaving themselves wide open).

Far too open.  And left us plenty of opportunities.

Having said that, both sides had pretty similar opportunities on goal.  We took ours, they didn't.

If we can start scoring goals again, it will help mask all our other deficiencies.