September 21, 2019, 10:24:50 AM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 140631 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #825 on: January 01, 2015, 01:03:03 PM »
feliz navidad

Top player. Maybe a cheeky bid when the window opens?  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 01, 2015, 01:16:19 PM »
Lallana is a far better player with the likes of Coutinho around him. Can needs games to learn more about the defensive side of the game. He'd do well to watch as much footage of Didi as possible.

Lucas may not be a stand out individual, but he, like Dirk, are catalyst players, in that their very presence in the team tends to produce better results than when they are absent, and it happens far too many times for it to be a coincidence.

We're already shorn of experience as it is and letting Lucas go, with what he brings in terms of the dressing room and training pitch and his ultra professionalism, would be another step in the wrong direction.

By all means if he can be upgraded (in every aspect) in the Summer, then do so (that applies to every player, not just Lucas), but until then let's not dilute our pool of experience any further.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 01, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »
Top player. Maybe a cheeky bid when the window opens?  ;D

:D

it tortures me to say it, but what about recruiting Diego Garcia.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 01, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »
On monday night we showed signs of playing like a team, so what does the tactical genius of Rodgers do? Gerrard comes back and we can't control the game even with a 2-0 lead. Today was down to Rodgers.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 01, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
Rodgers is outstanding, wonderful, intelligent.

Then I woke up from last nights New Years party celebrations :(
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 01, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
We played our most exhilarating football of the season mid-week with Henderson in the middle, and a proper defensive players on the wing backs, today Gerrard jumps straight back into the team, Henderson moves to the right flank where he is poor and we've played like crap.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 01, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »
We played our most exhilarating football of the season mid-week with Henderson in the middle, and a proper defensive players on the wing backs, today Gerrard jumps straight back into the team, Henderson moves to the right flank where he is poor and we've played like crap.

Exactly Edward, but this is not new news.  Do you remember last season, I think around Octoberish when Gerrard was out with injury?  Henderson really came of age and showed us a side of him that I certainly did not believe he had.  Defence splitting passes. Controlling midfield and confidence in his game.  Rodgers is such an idiot he does not see this even when it's glaringly bleedin obvious. 

There was a reason why Rafa played him out wide on the right, Rodgers I'm afraid will never understand this.
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 01, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »
I hope we miss out on 4th because you don't deserve it if you can't beat Leicester at home. We're so poor under Rodgers it's unbelieveable. I'm sure he'd rather we go down to the Championship than drop Gerrard indefinitely. Look at him and Lucas on their second.

Oh, and Sterling the superduperbestest player in the world. He's so fornicating good I'm sure that clown Rodgers would turn down a swap affair including Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema going our way with Sterling the other. Not one fornicating thing did he do right AGAIN.

Thank God for the ref of we'd have lost. So that's us back to our best under the clown Rodgers. Not a fornicating clue has he, not one. Rant fornicating over.

The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 01, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »
Would handing it to Carra be that bad? Me thinks not. At least he'd instill some passion and pride. As it is today, coming to Anfield and work hard is enough to earn you at least a point.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 01, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »
Yes......it would be bad.  Starters nobody would be able to understand him.  And judging by his analysing skills on sky sports he's better off staying within the confines of the sky studio's!  I'd rather have Gary Neville a bloody Manc as manager than see Cara in the dugout.....lol

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Leicester, the bottom placed club, deserved all three points today at Anfield.

But for two embarrassing penalties, they would have won.

Seriously, a club cannot hope to be competing at the top table, when it employs sub-standard people like Rodgers and Gerrard.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 02, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »
He's far too clever (or not) for his own good. The traditional tried and tested ways, the unwritten rules, the conventional wisdoms offered by serial winners are not for him.

NOW Gerrard has made his announcement let's starting planning for life without him. No sentimental nonsense about letting him play out his Liverpool career. He can see it out from the bench, as an (hopefully) impact player and let's build that central area around Henderson, Can and Lucas.

Yes, Lucas. With Lucas and without Gerrard has yet again been proven - our last two results, yet again, speak volumes.

No panic buying in January, or even the Summer, to replace Gerrard. For once, let's get the replacing of a key player (in reputation alone now) right. It may actually be happening now, but his age dictates we've been on a countdown for a while, so plans should be in place, but then again, that no longer appears to be the 'Liverpool Way'.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 02, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
If you read the newspapers, it's like Princess Diana has died.

Gerrard's departure seemingly requires a week of mourning.

Who will ever forget those Hollywood balls, the ones that cut their victims in two, and decapitated several spectators.

Who will ever forget The Great Escape of Istanbul. led by fearless Captain Marvel.  Actually we were three-nil down at half-time precisely because of Captain Marvel's uselessness in midfield.  It was Didi Hamann who turned the game around when he came on for the second half.

Who will ever forget the numerous times Captain Marvel gifted the opposition goals, by suicidal pass-backs.

But for me, I will always remember him for the lack of discipline and balance he brought to Liverpool, any time that he played.

Too many negatives that (sadly) outweigh the occasional wonderful positive moments.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 02, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »
If you read the newspapers, it's like Princess Diana has died.

Gerrard's departure seemingly requires a week of mourning.

Who will ever forget those Hollywood balls, the ones that cut their victims in two, and decapitated several spectators.

Who will ever forget The Great Escape of Istanbul. led by fearless Captain Marvel.  Actually we were three-nil down at half-time precisely because of Captain Marvel's uselessness in midfield.  It was Didi Hamann who turned the game around when he came on for the second half.

Who will ever forget the numerous times Captain Marvel gifted the opposition goals, by suicidal pass-backs.

But for me, I will always remember him for the lack of discipline and balance he brought to Liverpool, any time that he played.

Too many negatives that (sadly) outweigh the occasional wonderful positive moments.

B O L L O C K S.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 02, 2015, 06:33:43 PM »