November 15, 2019, 11:06:23 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 171182 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1455 on: April 16, 2015, 01:20:30 PM »
He didn't employ the scouts the club did. Pascoe has been his assistant everywhere so it was natural for him to take him here - plus Pascoe is a very good coach.

Every club is a selling club except Chelsea, Bayern, Barca and Real. Man U are a selling club, Arsenal are a selling club, Atletico are a selling club etc.

FSG wanted a DoF but Brendan didn't so FSG gave Brendan what he wanted. However to cloud that we have transfer committee which clouds a lot of things.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 16, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »
He didn't employ the scouts the club did. Pascoe has been his assistant everywhere so it was natural for him to take him here - plus Pascoe is a very good coach.

Every club is a selling club except Chelsea, Bayern, Barca and Real. Man U are a selling club, Arsenal are a selling club, Atletico are a selling club etc.

FSG wanted a DoF but Brendan didn't so FSG gave Brendan what he wanted. However to cloud that we have transfer committee which clouds a lot of things.

How do you figure the Mancs are a selling club? Arsenal less so today than a few years ago. Struggle to see any of the "buying clubs" you mention lure Sanches, Özil or Ramsey from the Emirates unless they cough up a Baleesque fee.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 16, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »

is Pascoe good enough for a top club.

and Barry Hunter, and the other ex-Man City scouts......if they wer enot good enough for City, then why would they be good enough for Liverpool.

Reminds of the era when we had Joe Corrigan as our goalkeeping coach......and I was always perplexed as to why.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 16, 2015, 10:03:13 PM »
ROFL, are you being serious? Dude, do you forget the club we were (before we let it slip
and then Fergie destroyed us).

Meantime, amazing result by Rafa in the EL, away against the team 2nd in the Bundesliga.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 16, 2015, 11:56:43 PM »
Meantime, amazing result by Rafa in the EL, away against the team 2nd in the Bundesliga.
\

excatly, Ed.

ANOTHER superb result in Europe from our guy, Rafa.

Rafa hammers Germany's second best team, by 4 goals to one, in Germany.

Meanwhile the cypriot, maltese and faroe islands champs can give Brendan a staunch challenge.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 17, 2015, 12:24:05 AM »
\

excatly, Ed.

ANOTHER superb result in Europe from our guy, Rafa.

Meanwhile the cypriot, maltese and faroe islands champs can give Brendan a staunch challenge.
& this is largely the point I've been hammering this season. My gripe.

What we see this season is a squad of players who can't compete in the league or
Europe.

Now, I don't expect to win the league. I understand the importance of the CL spot. BUT,
when I see us being utterly humiliated by Real and then throwing the Besiktas tie to
prepare for City, I don't see a football club as I understand it, an entity that builds squads
and teams to compete for trophies each season.

We've now become a victim or slave to top 4. We're a shallow, cynical, anti-football entity which
prioritises qualifying for tournaments at the expense of actually competing in tournaments.
That's not LFC for me.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 17, 2015, 02:08:49 AM »

We've now become a victim or slave to top 4. We're a shallow, cynical, anti-football entity which
prioritises qualifying for tournaments at the expense of actually competing in tournaments.
That's not LFC for me.

It isn't LFC. And Bodgers can never get us there...the 3 year project is over. Fail.
The idea of a new untested manager horrifies me.
Tried and tested managers and we just might get back to where we belong.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 17, 2015, 03:11:43 AM »
It isn't LFC. And Bodgers can never get us there...the 3 year project is over. Fail.
The idea of a new untested manager horrifies me.
Tried and tested managers and we just might get back to where we belong.
It's Swansea with a bigger budget. I note Swansea are currently on the points total
Rodgers finished with them. Should we hire Garry Monk? or so the logic goes...

Problem is the Roll Royce managers, the serious players with ambitions to win the CL
every season, have no desire to return to the tight budgets of their early years.

Maybe winning the FA cup will earn Rodgers a reprieve (stave off pressing questions
about our squad investment and subsequent performance in Europe) and to be fair,
given 2006 (I think?) is our last majorish trophy, it's not to be sniffed at.

The horror is that, should we not win the FA cup, we could be set to invest another sh*t
load of cash in the Summer transfer market under the current regime :o The gulf simply
widens. That's why I really don't understand the direction the club is heading in.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 17, 2015, 03:12:37 AM »
I bet he was p*ssed off that they conceded 1  ;D

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 17, 2015, 01:34:31 PM »
How do you figure the Mancs are a selling club? Arsenal less so today than a few years ago. Struggle to see any of the "buying clubs" you mention lure Sanches, Özil or Ramsey from the Emirates unless they cough up a Baleesque fee.

Man Utd are a selling club unless you've forgotten Ronaldo. They'll sell De Gea too when Real come calling. If any of the Spanish two come calling for one of their players, they'll sell. Eventually. It'll be for mega bucks but they'll sell.

Ozil and Ramsey aren't good enough for those clubs and Barca sold Sanchez in the first place.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 17, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »

and Barry Hunter, and the other ex-Man City scouts......if they wer enot good enough for City, then why would they be good enough for Liverpool.

Reminds of the era when we had Joe Corrigan as our goalkeeping coach......and I was always perplexed as to why.

Pascoe has the coaching badges and the know how. Anyway how do you correlate whether a coach who has the badges, know how and experience is good enough or not compared to other coaches. Pascoe isn't the problem here.

Man City didn't dump their scouts to us - we took them from City. City wanted to keep them.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 17, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »
Pascoe has the coaching badges and the know how. Anyway how do you correlate whether a coach who has the badges, know how and experience is good enough or not compared to other coaches. Pascoe isn't the problem here.

On 31 May 2012, Liverpool took Swansea City's fab four - manager Brendan Rodgers, assistant manager Colin Pascoe, opposition performance analyst Chris Davies and performance consultant Glen Driscoll.

Colin Pascoe (above) Assistant Manager

Chris Davies (above) joined Liverpool as head of opposition analysis

Glen Driscoll (above) Head of performance

Even ignoring their CV's, and the fact they have won feck all of any significance (save for the Play-Off Championship final aganst Reading), just look at their photos.

These are mere kids.  What experience could they possibly bring to a top premiership club?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 17, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
Man City didn't dump their scouts to us - we took them from City. City wanted to keep them.

And the youngster, Barry Hunter, chief scout.......what experience does he bring to the club?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:27:23 PM by the dude abides »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »

THIS IS WHAT EXPERIENCE LOOKS LIKE

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 17, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
but experience, and success, costs money.