August 19, 2019, 08:53:53 AM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 133978 times)

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1635 on: May 07, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »
BBC Radio 5 Live have just announced that Memphis Depay has signed for Man Utd.

Without possession of all the facts it's impossible to say why he chose them apart from the obvious that he gets the chance to play in 6 CL games - half against Euro-dross. And Utd probably threw stupid money at him. If LFC did that the club would be hammered by most who frequent this board I suspect.

If true, yet another player that we announce we're interested in and then get gazumped.
Maybe it's all a blind, we get linked with Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez and then sadly they go other places. We can then pretend to be playing with the big boys and can then buy cheaper ones.
Like that's really working well.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 07, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
with a club that is rudderless on the pitch, with senior players sold, and their top players leaving, and no sign of being competitive in England or Europe, it is all too easy to see why it will be very hard to recruit players of the likes of Memphis Depay.

United were on the ropes.  It is so frustrating to not have top people at the Anfield, that would have taken advantage of the circumstances. 

Oh for a John Smith and a Peter Robinson.  Rick Parry was also top notch too.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 07, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
According to Lallana we're still playing for 4th, which seems an odd thing to say when the team we're competing with happens to have recently beaten us at home, and whilst that very same team has just lost three league games in a row, we still steadfastly refused to take advantage by actually winning our games. We seem more intent on keep close company with Spurs and Southampton than actually getting any nearer to the Mancs.
And to think, we finished 2 points ahead of them last season, two major signings for them later and they're now 21 points ahead of us. They've kicked on whilst we've kicked success back into the long grass. 
I think this is the lowest point of my time as an LFC supporter.

Previously, opponents might have been superior but the gap was close
enough to talk the talk and who knows.

Now I just mutter a lot and keep a low profile  ;D

Under Rodgers we're also-rans, Ed.
When you look at the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern...
People forget that Rafa had us on a par with these clubs on the football field,
not staring through a telescope to try catch a glimpse of them.

Same fans refuse to countenance ditching the lad who won the championship.

I just don't get it.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 07, 2015, 04:13:39 PM »
Same fans refuse to countenance ditching the lad who won the championship.

I just don't get it.

if I could be a nit-picker and correct you, Ed.

Rodgers didn't even win the championship.  He *won* the play-off final on the 30th May 2011.......i.e. he won the third (and final promotion) spot in the championship.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 07, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »
with a club that is rudderless on the pitch, with senior players sold, and their top players leaving, and no sign of being competitive in England or Europe, it is all too easy to see why it will be very hard to recruit players of the likes of Memphis Depay.

With non entities like Rodgers and Ayre running things, who in their right mind would want to come? It's hardly in the same league as playing under Ancelotti or Rafa where there would be a true belief that things could be won. Don't blame Depay, I would have done the same.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 07, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »
And another thing about the Depay transfer. When the F*** will Rodgers keep his hole shut and tip off every other club in christendom??? FFS he's been doing this for years now...the geezer who joined Borussia, Willian and Salah to Chelsea, etc etc...

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 07, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »
if I could be a nit-picker and correct you, Ed.

Rodgers didn't even win the championship.  He *won* the play-off final on the 30th May 2011.......i.e. he won the third (and final promotion) spot in the championship.

So basically he's won sweet FA. How the f*** did he become our manager?

Offline Ageing Stick Insect

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 07, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »
And another thing about the Depay transfer. When the F*** will Rodgers keep his hole shut and tip off every other club in christendom??? FFS he's been doing this for years now...the geezer who joined Borussia, Willian and Salah to Chelsea, etc etc...

Where's your proof that Rogers' stated he wanted Depay? Don't you think it more likely the player's agent tipped off various clubs?

Anyway, Di Maria, Blind and Falcao haven't exactly been outstanding successes at Manure. They've relied on existing players to get them where they are. What makes you think someone who only cost £30M will be a success?

There's a 4 point gap to Manure. The way some of you go one you'd think it was 20.

If some of you hate everything about the club go and support someone else. This is a SUPPORTERS forum after all.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 07, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »
There's a 4 point gap to Manure. The way some of you go one you'd think it was 20.

If some of you hate everything about the club go and support someone else. This is a SUPPORTERS forum after all.

get off your soapbox and dry your eyes.

your sermons are impossible to listen to - especially since you always tend to be wrong about everything connected to football.

you were happy to get rid of Rafa.  How has that worked out for ya?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 07, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
So basically he's won sweet FA. How the f*** did he become our manager?

exactly, Bart.

But this is what happens when know-nothings arrogantly try to get into a new sport, on a strange new continent, in a strange new land.....and refuse to listen.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 07, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »

yes, the Brentmaster General has a massive mouth. 

he cannot help himself, any time that he sees a microphone or camera.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 07, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »
get off your soapbox and dry your eyes.

your sermons are impossible to listen to - especially since you always tend to be wrong about everything connected to football.

you were happy to get rid of Rafa.  How has that worked out for ya?

Read and ignored. Just like all the other tripe you post.
Cheers,
Ray

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 07, 2015, 05:41:23 PM »
Where's your proof that Rogers' stated he wanted Depay? Don't you think it more likely the player's agent tipped off various clubs?

Point 1: “The kid is a very talented player, of course.' aka tipping off the opposition!
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/memphis-depay-to-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-says-striker-is-very-talented-when-asked-about-possible-transfer-10205984.html

Point 2: After watching the crap football we played against Villa, West Brom Hull and the sneak win against QPR. Then considering our next meeting is against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge then yeah I'm not too hopeful.

Point 3: The sanctimonious stuff becomes a little tiresome after a while, ASI. You come on here, insult most of us, and then hide behind the moniker of being a TRUE supporter. The reason all of us comment here and sometimes have different ideas and disagree is because we care about this club, we all nonetheless continue to contribute, that's what forums are for. You however have been awol for at least a year and riding back on your high horse does not make your word gospel. Supporting a club is not about being a sheep, lemming or not seeing the iceberg straight ahead, it's about commenting on the naked emperor before us and how his clothes should not be considered 'outstanding' but in fact based on bullsh**. A turd sprayed with gold paint is still a turd and not being able to comment so, because it's not true support is quite honestly, nonsense.

ASI, i have a massive amount of respect for you, those pictures from the Spion Kop were breathtaking, but just insulting us for not towing the party line does not win your argument and sway us in the least.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 07, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »
Barticus,

Firstly, I wasn't pointing my finger at you for being continuously derogatory about the club so sorry if I came across that way.

In that link all Rogers said was he's "very talented". Hardly a ringing endorsement for a player. What was he meant to say? No comment would have appeared odd. The rest of the article was press speculation.

Yes, we did play crap football against those clubs you listed but we also played exceptional football against Man City less than 3 days after Ludogorets away when we were expected to be hammered. How many people congratulated the team (and manager) for that? Not very many. We also kept clean sheets for several away games beating a record that had stood for 30+ years. When you have lost both your main strikers it was a very good second-half of the season until the Utd game.

I see no reason to post unless I have something to say. Unlike dude who goes on about Rafa in every 2nd post. I also see no point in worrying about things over which I have no control. And none of us can control what happens. Happy to debate but not when it's nearly always negative. We're 5th, not 15th. City nicked our top 4 place. That's not the club's fault. That's having a rich owner who is prepared to spend stupid money. They now have an ageing squad and are limited by FFP.

I swear at the screen many times watching some games. I'm no lemming or sheep. I've already said I want Rogers replacing but if it doesn't happen I'll still support him. What is achieved by continually slagging him off? You just raise your blood pressure. Not worth it. Just go with the flow until we have something substantial to discuss.
Cheers,
Ray

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 07, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
Oh, regarding the Chelsea game. Many years ago when LFC won the title with about 5 games left they lost around 3 of them. Players switch off once the winning line has been crossed. Don't rule out a shock away win.
Cheers,
Ray