September 22, 2020, 03:03:08 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 269675 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1770 on: May 24, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
pretty damning, about his transfers........when at half-time, and 5-nil down at half time, Rodgers takes off two of his recent purchases (moreno and can)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 24, 2015, 04:38:19 PM »
pretty damning, about his transfers........when at half-time, and 5-nil down at half time, Rodgers takes off two of his recent purchases (moreno and can)

He replaces Allen (the dynamic one, preferred over Lucas for next season) with Lambert (another he's decided he could do without this season) and instantly Lambert makes a goal for Gerrard. This game is a micro encapsulation of our entire season.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 24, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
So after three seasons in charge, or two seasons later, we're going to finish one place higher and with a whole point extra, than we did at the end of his first season.

We have made stunning progress as we finished 2 places and 11 massive points behind the mighty Spurs, who clinched the coveted Europa League, in my first season. We have cut that lead down to a miniscule 2 points and are only a single, solitary, place behind them now, that's a whopping 50% improvement.

We are a huge 10 points and an outstanding 2 places better off than where the club finished the season before I descended.
We have overhauled such giants as Everton and Newcastle Utd and cut the gap from ourselves to both Manchester City and Man Utd  by an unbelievable 20 points and 19 points respectively.

We finished the season on a high, remaining undefeated in the second half of the season's last game. A feat made all the more outstanding as we were away from home.

*An exclusive extract from Rodgers' "end of term season report" for the owners.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 24, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »
The season's implosion is complete. 6-1 to Stoke. Stoke ffffing City.

There really needs to be a car waiting outside the Britannia to whisk Rodgers to the airport and on to Boston. Before the end of the day (in Boston at least), he should be the ex-Liverpool. The owners have 10 hours to at least put us out of that particular piece of misery.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 24, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »
So after three seasons in charge, or two seasons later, we're going to finish one place higher and with a whole point extra, than we did at the end of his first season.

We have made stunning progress as we finished 2 places and 11 massive points behind the mighty Spurs, who clinched the coveted Europa League, in my first season. We have cut that lead down to a miniscule 2 points and are only a single, solitary, place behind them now, that's a whopping 50% improvement.

We are a huge 10 points and an outstanding 2 places better off than where the club finished the season before I descended.
We have overhauled such giants as Everton and Newcastle Utd and cut the gap from ourselves to both Manchester City and Man Utd  by an unbelievable 20 points and 19 points respectively.

We finished the season on a high, remaining undefeated in the second half of the season's last game. A feat made all the more outstanding as we were away from home.

*An exclusive extract from Rodgers' "end of term season report" for the owners.

:D :D

if I had the time, I would redo that famous video scene - of Hitler's temper loss in the bunker.

I did one years ago for Hodgson  IIRC

I imagine Brent throwing a tantrum in his bunker.....railing against all his foes, real and imagined.

e.g.    Feck you, Aldridge, Feck you Thompson, And to hell with you, Jamie Bloddy Redknapp.  And don;t start me on Collymore.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 24, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
The season's implosion is complete. 6-1 to Stoke. Stoke ffffing City.

There really needs to be a car waiting outside the Britannia to whisk Rodgers to the airport and on to Boston. Before the end of the day (in Boston at least), he should be the ex-Liverpool. The owners have 10 hours to at least put us out of that particular piece of misery.

it was only a day or two ago, in a press conference, that when asked was he sure about his job, Rodgers answered yes, 150 percent!

So the muppet is 150 percent sure of keeping his job for next season.

After today, I wonder if he feels that he jumped the gun, with his childish arrogance.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 24, 2015, 05:21:44 PM »
Hasn't Rodgers resigned yet?

Henry, Gordon or anyone else in FSG with a christian name for a surname, do the decent thing and pull the trigger now. Save the airfare, put that towards flying in the new manager and just text him. Three digits. That's all it needs.

P45

My knees aren't jerking, in fact, they're still as, as a Liverpool defence when a ball is played into our box.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 24, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »
In the Summer Rodgers stated that we were stronger without Suarez. Well we are holding up 4 more teams than we were this time last season, and also stated we wouldn't do a Spurs (when they sold Bale and bought 80 players with the proceeds).
He'll probably use Spurs pipping us to graveyard football as a shinning example to justify what Spurs did, state we've done exactly the same as them, and use it as evidence that we will be much stronger next season and challenge for the title.

Spin is his thing. Football management at the highest level certainly isn't.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 24, 2015, 05:32:45 PM »
After today, I wonder if he feels that he jumped the gun, with his childish arrogance.

Somehow I doubt it, Dude. He's totally impervious to reality.

Have we lost by a higher score in the entire Premier League era, you know, the time we've been a pale shadow of our former selves? Worst ever start to a season. The achievements are endless.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 24, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
Double post. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 24, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »
Somehow I doubt it, Dude. He's totally impervious to reality.

Have we lost by a higher score in the entire Premier League era, you know, the time we've been a pale shadow of our former selves? Worst ever start to a season. The achievements are endless.

I read that we had never conceded five goals in the first half of a premiership game before today.

4 was a new record.....and then the fifth set another record.

Yes, the Blowmaster General is low on humility and reality.

He needs to be shown his P45 and soon.

We had a horrid opening three months - and a horrid final 6 weeks.

It's a miracle we were not fighting relegation.  If he gets more time, we will be.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 24, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
Spin is his thing. Football management at the highest level certainly isn't.

yes, he is pure hot-air and spin.

A career in politics, or tv punditry awaits, the arrogant moron.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 24, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »
Apparently it's our worst result in 52 years.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 24, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »
13% of Stoke's premiership goals this season have come against Liverpool today.

And Stoke's fans were singing - Can We Play You Every Week.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 24, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »
And another record.

Apparently this is the first time in history that an opposition team scored 5 goals against us in the first half. EVER