October 14, 2019, 02:07:37 PM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 156532 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1815 on: May 25, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 25, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »

It was Suarez that hid the major tactical and intelligence deficiencies of the Brentmaster General.

Suarez got him an extra year.  But now his time is up.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 25, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
Liverpool striker Divock Origi named in ‘Ligue 1 worst team of the season’

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/25/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-ligue-1-worst-team-of-season

Meh, he'll be fine once he buys into Brendan's philosophy.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 25, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »
Didn't Rodgers say during his first season, "judge me after 3 years"?

We've come full circle after that three year period and over £200M spent. Like with any ride, when you end up back where you started from, it's time to get off.

yes, he said, judge me after three years.

And he also said, some 13 months ago - 'I don't think there is pressure on ourselves, only what we have from within. Look at Tottenham - you spend over £100m, you'd expect to be challenging for the league.'     Brendan Rodgers, Melwood training ground, April 26, 2014.

I always said that Brendan Rodgers talks far too much.  And in the end, as is always the case, one's own words come back to haunt you. 

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 25, 2015, 05:56:35 PM »
Liverpool striker Divock Origi named in ‘Ligue 1 worst team of the season’

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/25/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-ligue-1-worst-team-of-season

ruddy ell, move over Martin.  Ed has now taken top slot in the Salvatian Army sponsored Depression Premiership.

:)

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 25, 2015, 06:12:38 PM »
Has he gone yet?
I'm the same, just waiting for the headline on BBC Football:

"Rodgers Sacked as LFC Manager"

The club has made an announcement today...blah, blah, blah.

They would like to thank Brendan for his contribution to LFC during
his tenure and wish him every success in his future footballing career.

The only question for me is how long the knives will be really.

ruddy ell, move over Martin.  Ed has now taken top slot in the Salvatian Army sponsored Depression Premiership.

:)
Hey, I let you optimistic people away with murder these last 3 years
and suffered much abuse for my entrenched negativity.  ;D

Makes no difference having a discussion about it. There's no way
BR is going to be the manager of LFC next season.

In order to manage a club the SIZE of us, for an extended period of
time, the manager would need to be someone special. Flavour of the
month in the Premier League is, imo, a very, very poor indicator.

Who manages the top clubs in Britain? Is their a precedent for giving
a manager that just won promotion from the championship (3 managers
do this every season) charge of a multi-million pound global institution
with a glittering history?

Tbh, imo, it's simply the most ridiculous idea that's ever been posted on
this forum!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ROFL, I love the maybe even bit. Quick lets get on the phone to Brendan Rodgers then!

It's about time I got to enjoy my time in the sun  :P

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 25, 2015, 06:54:44 PM »

The club has made an announcement today...blah, blah, blah.

The waiting is killing me nearly as much as this season has.

Yeah I know, some supporter I am, not wanting my team dragged into oblivion, in order to support the manager for the sheer sake of it rather than some tangible reason.  ::)

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 25, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
As I said elsewhere, as long as off-pitch business run well Brendan's doing just fine in keeping his job. Offer me a top 10 finish next season and I'll bit your arm off.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9864929url

Liverpool are not considering replacing under-fire manager Brendan Rodgers this summer, according to Sky sources.

The Reds, who finished second in the 2013/2014 season, ended a disappointing season with a 6-1 defeat at the hands of Stoke on Saturday - prompting speculation Rodgers would be shown the door by the Liverpool owners.

But despite the heavy loss at the Britannia Stadium condemning Liverpool to a sixth-place Premier League finish, sources at the club have suggested a season review - expected to take place in June - will stop short of looking for a new manager.
i]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:58:09 PM by Martinmarx »
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 25, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

Don't hold your breath mate. I fear the worst, I fear he'll be here come the start of the season. In fact, I'm confident he will.  :-\
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
Ed, never in the history of mankind has one man been so right being so wrong.  ;D

I love it when we're accused of not getting behind him just because we didn't want him. We've now seen the reasons we didn't want him and it's sickening that we've had to have our very real fears realised the way we have.

It's not about being right, before that one gets thrown about because there's nothing right about any of this, other than it being a right mess.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: May 25, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
Oops, and there another one become available. Seems like 2nd place and a CL-semifinal's not good enough for some clubs.

http://www.squawka.com/news/real-madrid-sack-manager-carlo-ancelotti/383925

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 25, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »
As I said elsewhere, as long as off-pitch business run well Brendan's doing just fine in keeping his job. Offer me a top 10 finish next season and I'll bit your arm off.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9864929url

Liverpool are not considering replacing under-fire manager Brendan Rodgers this summer, according to Sky sources.

The Reds, who finished second in the 2013/2014 season, ended a disappointing season with a 6-1 defeat at the hands of Stoke on Saturday - prompting speculation Rodgers would be shown the door by the Liverpool owners.

But despite the heavy loss at the Britannia Stadium condemning Liverpool to a sixth-place Premier League finish, sources at the club have suggested a season review - expected to take place in June - will stop short of looking for a new manager.
i]

Martin, ignore Sky. It's just another of Murdoch's poisonous media outlets.

I somehow can't see Werner, Henry, Gordon not even considering it. Far more successful coaches than Brendan have been sacked from the Red Soxs during their ownership.

Considering they sacked Dalglish after one season of a three year deal they'd given him, for being more successful than Rodgers has been this season, and there were rumours at least of them wanting to get rid before Christmas, I don't think the mini revival will outweigh the season overall. As good as those two or three months were, the last 2 months have been worse, and it's only stopped because there are no more matches to play, which in itself is not a factor in Brendan's favour considering who we lost to and how we lost in the semi and the season they've had and their form since. We should have another match to play yet, but we don't.

Dalglish was their choice as was Rodgers. One year into a contract has been shown to be no protection either.

I'm not saying he'll be sacked, but I don't think it's a non-issue right now in Boston.

Maybe an imposed DOF of some sort will be the outcome, who knows, but I don't think he's totally bombproof.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 25, 2015, 07:16:24 PM »
Oops, and there another one become available. Seems like 2nd place and a CL-semifinal's not good enough for some clubs.

http://www.squawka.com/news/real-madrid-sack-manager-carlo-ancelotti/383925

Maybe as the field of suitable candidates widens minds will be changing in Boston, if they aren't already made up.

Dalglish didn't appear to fear the worse either if I remember.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 25, 2015, 07:22:53 PM »
And we think we've got problems:

http://www.givemesport.com/575491-chelsea-now-owe-roman-abramovich-over-1billion?autoplay=on&utm_source=outbrain-rss&utm_medium=outbrain-rss&utm_campaign=outbrain-rss

FFP aka FFPF. I'll let you guess what the additional F stands for. Answers on a postcard to Michel Platini. 

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 25, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »
Martin, ignore Sky. It's just another of Murdoch's poisonous media outlets.

I somehow can't see Werner, Henry, Gordon not even considering it. Far more successful coaches than Brendan have been sacked from the Red Soxs during their ownership.

Considering they sacked Dalglish after one season of a three year deal they'd given him, for being more successful than Rodgers has been this season, and there were rumours at least of them wanting to get rid before Christmas, I don't think the mini revival will outweigh the season overall. As good as those two or three months were, the last 2 months have been worse, and it's only stopped because there are no more matches to play, which in itself is not a factor in Brendan's favour considering who we lost to and how we lost in the semi and the season they've had and their form since. We should have another match to play yet, but we don't.

Dalglish was their choice as was Rodgers. One year into a contract has been shown to be no protection either.

I'm not saying he'll be sacked, but I don't think it's a non-issue right now in Boston.

Maybe an imposed DOF of some sort will be the outcome, who knows, but I don't think he's totally bombproof.

It would have me giving up on footy all together if he's staying.