October 17, 2019, 04:44:08 AM

Author Topic: Season 2014/15  (Read 157845 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2014/15
« Reply #1860 on: May 28, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »
chins up.

we are on the brink of assembling a whole new midfield, with the acquisition of 31 year old James Milner, and 36 year old Andrea Pirlo.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 29, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
Brendan's survived. He'll be our manager for 15/16.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 29, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »

We're f***ed then.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 29, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
We're f***ed then.

Big time.

Infuckingcredible really. There seem not to be a point to which this club is allowed to sink without proper action being taken. That's it for me then. I'll pick up info from this place. I'm deffo through wasting time and energy watching this crap called LFC.

The rest of Europe's having a larf. Well done FSG!
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 29, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
http://whatculture.com/sport/liverpool-10-reasons-why-rodgers-must-face-the-axe.php

It comes down to this (bar no. 3). If Rodgers is allowed to stay on despite the other 9 damning aspects of his poor managerial ability, it is more than obvious FSG are only in it for the money and couldn't care less about on-field development and success. As long as the new Main Stand is sold out, shirts are being sold in Indonesia and the brand is alive and kicking they won't even care if we're forced to fight for our lives to avoid relegation.

No one sane and responsible decisionmaker can arrive at another verdict than giving Rodgers his P45 considering the 9 damning reasons he has to go in the above linked article.

What I won't understand if FSG are simply in it for the $, is that financial success only follows and is maximised by onfield success. Chelsea and Man City are prime examples of this. Prior to their buy-outs and subsequent success they were on their bottom financially. I'm not talking about their worth or their potential ability to drop £30M on a player, but rather revenue and size of profit/loss. I'm not talking turnover as that gets skewed by the ability to drop £30M on a player.
Success attracts certain players and revenue is realised on the back of those, in addition to prize money and increased sponsorship deals, both in terms of the value of sponsorship and the quantity of sponsors/partners you can attract.

So this is the contradiction of FSG's policies. To maximise their investment they need better than Rodgers, but if your knowledge is limited (extremely) then it's harder to know who/what's good and who/what's not. However, people like the individuals within FSG tend to have the contacts or the cash to overcome thse problems.

Are they underestimating the sport of football as it's not an American sport? We all know the weight Americans place on anything American and how dismissive they are of anything non-American. Are they actually making the mistake of thinking Mike Gordon, an American, who hasn't grown up in a culture that is immersed in football, will have or can have a knowledge and understanding in the same way as other individuals from 'football cultures' and one that meet the required level to deliver success? Dude has accused them of arrogance quite often, and it would be arrogance of breath-taking and negligent proportions if it was the case.

I can understand their heart not being in 'winning' like ours is, or their's is with regards to baseball, as baseball resonates with them like football does with all of us.   
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 29, 2015, 02:58:45 PM »

Survived what?

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 29, 2015, 03:15:16 PM »

Anfield is going to be a very very angry place, come November and December......because the Brentmaster General is going to take Liverpool to an awful start to the season.

The players he is now trying to bring in, will weaken us even further.  And I suspect the existing players have long since given up on him, and his BS.

It's gone beyond Brent, Pam Ayres and Billy Bunter, our head of scouting..........it's now FSG.

Their yankee arrogance, know-it-all mentality, bringing in young yes-men, is running the club onto the rocks.  They need to sell up and go.  I think they are at the point, with keeping Rodgers, Hunter and Ayres, of losing the fanbase.

Do not be surprised if we hear cries in the new season, for FSG to go.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 29, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
Anfield is going to be a very very angry place, come November and December......because the Brentmaster General is going to take Liverpool to an awful start to the season.

The players he is now trying to bring in, will weaken us even further.  And I suspect the existing players have long since given up on him, and his BS.

It's gone beyond Brent, Pam Ayres and Billy Bunter, our head of scouting..........it's now FSG.

Their yankee arrogance, know-it-all mentality, bringing in young yes-men, is running the club onto the rocks.  They need to sell up and go.  I think they are at the point, with keeping Rodgers, Hunter and Ayres, of losing the fanbase.

Do not be surprised if we hear cries in the new season, for FSG to go.

Totally agree Dude. Despite wishing is wasn't so, it's impossible to actually see it any differently. It could be a very difficult season in the stands if the status quo remains for the coming season.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 29, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »
Totally agree Dude. Despite wishing is wasn't so, it's impossible to actually see it any differently. It could be a very difficult season in the stands if the status quo remains for the coming season.

yes, it's going to be one of the stormiest, most unpleasant, seasons for the club, in living memory, Tes.

They can't keep layering mistake upon mistake, year on year, and expext to compete with the top clubs in the premiership.  We are now merely top 6 to 8 material....and thus will naturally spend time in mid-table, or worse, across the season.

Ultimately, the achilles heel of our yankee owners, was their arrogance.  *Soccer* was something they did not initially intend to get involved in, until they heard of a great deal to be had, in little old England. 

Their arrogance will cost them the fanbase, and ultimately the club.

Very poor owners.  Very very poor.  Their lack of intelligence makes one wonder how they ever enjoyed success in business.

If you or me, bought a club, in a foreign land, in an alien sport to us, we would run the business side of things, and appoint the very best people to run the sport side of things.....and let them get on with it.   It is the smart thing to do....indeed, the only thing to do.  But that was beyond our owners. 

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 29, 2015, 04:16:52 PM »

To be honest, I'll only believe this once Bodgers comes back from Boston unscathed. Disbelief will then change to incredulity to finally make way to despair.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 29, 2015, 04:51:26 PM »
either the Boston folk will dump Brendan's tea in Boston river.

Or else Liverpool will chuck the Americans out of England, by dumping their coffee in Liverpool docks.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 29, 2015, 05:26:32 PM »
yes, it's going to be one of the stormiest, most unpleasant, seasons for the club, in living memory, Tes.

They can't keep layering mistake upon mistake, year on year, and expext to compete with the top clubs in the premiership.  We are now merely top 6 to 8 material....and thus will naturally spend time in mid-table, or worse, across the season.

Ultimately, the achilles heel of our yankee owners, was their arrogance.  *Soccer* was something they did not initially intend to get involved in, until they heard of a great deal to be had, in little old England. 

Their arrogance will cost them the fanbase, and ultimately the club.

Very poor owners.  Very very poor.  Their lack of intelligence makes one wonder how they ever enjoyed success in business.

If you or me, bought a club, in a foreign land, in an alien sport to us, we would run the business side of things, and appoint the very best people to run the sport side of things.....and let them get on with it.   It is the smart thing to do....indeed, the only thing to do.  But that was beyond our owners.

Exactly. You either 1) go into business in an area you're familiar with or 2) if you're not expert in a certain area you choose to own a business in, you 'invest' by appointing people who are.

I'm sure someone like Rick Parry would give them the 'heads up' and point them in the right directions. Of course they need to admit they need assistance and Gordon isn't au fait enough to be the sole solution.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 29, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
yes, if they had been smart, they would have called in Rick Parry.....either as an adviser, or as full-time CE.

Without top people like Parry and Rafa, the club is now run by rank amateurs.

To me, Rodgers is second tier material at best.....Derby, QPR, Blackpool, etc.

Our top scout, Hunter, similar, maybe even third or fourth tier.

And Ayres is no more than a good marketing/sponsorship manager.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »
yes, if they had been smart, they would have called in Rick Parry.....either as an adviser, or as full-time CE.

Without top people like Parry and Rafa, the club is now run by rank amateurs.

To me, Rodgers is second tier material at best.....Derby, QPR, Blackpool, etc.

Our top scout, Hunter, similar, maybe even third or fourth tier.

And Ayres is no more than a good marketing/sponsorship manager.

Talking of good people, we lost Malcolm Elias (youth scout who discovered Walcott and Bale whilst at Southampton) under Hodgson's disasterous reign, and Segura, Borell and McParland during Rodgers' time so far.

We now have the stench of 'small club wishing it was bigger' about as.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:29:54 PM by Tes »

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 30, 2015, 11:46:52 AM »
Talking of good people, we lost Malcolm Elias (youth scout who discovered Walcott and Bale whilst at Southampton) under Hodgson's disasterous reign, and Segura, Borell and McParland during Rodgers' time so far.

ah, I was unaware of Elias.   Yes, that's right, we lost McParland, Borell and Segura.

A club cannot go on losing top people and replacing them with poo, and then expect to continue to maintain their top club status.   If such people could talk, I reckon we would get a major insight into how the club was being run.   It may not be pretty behind the scenes.

I think the Boston meeting will be a pivotal moment for the club.  IF our owners decide at that meeting, to keep Rodgers, then I think we can then conclude that this is the level they are happy to be at.   And that being the case, then the Kop will turn it's ire on the owners, by Christmas.

But despite what others think, I suspect Rodgers will be sacked at that meeting (just like Dalglish was three years earlier).

We need a new broom across the club.  Amazingly, how quickly the great setup that we had, was dismantled.  When you put amateurs in to run a club, it so quickly goes off the rails.