August 23, 2019, 04:58:36 PM

Author Topic: What is your Liverpool all time premier league XI  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
What is your Liverpool all time premier league XI
« on: December 21, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
As it is coming up to Christmas I thought I'd start a thread to start an interesting topic of what would be your all time Liverpool XI since the Premier League began.

Here is my team and I will then say why I selected these players:-

------------------------------------------Reina----------------------------------

-------Babbel-----------------Hyypia-----------Carragher----------Aurelio-------

-----------------------------Alonso----------------Hamann---------------------------

---------------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------

----------------------Mcmanaman------------------Suarez--------------------------

--------------------------------------Fowler----------------------------------------------

I went for this team because of a couple of reasons:-

1) Balance. Both flanks have good balance and intelligence.

2) Goals. Every player bar Reina and Carra are capable of scoring goals be it from open play or set pieces. I personally think choice of goalkeeper is a no brainer. The reason I chose the full backs is because both are technically excellent, both are extremely intelligent players and both can score 5-7 goals per season. True in terms of longevity neither would make it on that score but in their best seasons (00/01 and 08/09 I don't think we've had better). Plus Babbel could play in central defence and Aurelio as an emergency DM. Rob Jones is the closest for me in terms of other full backs getting in my team but goal scoring ability goes against him.

My only difficult choice in central midfield was to choose between Didi and Mascherano. I think Mascherano is the better player, but I chose Hamann because I think his character on the team would be more beneficial and also because of Istanbul. Plus he scores more goals.

The selection of the attack is another personal decision. I mean we've had untold top quality forwards/wingers to select from. Fowler is the best finisher we've ever had and Suarez is the 2nd best player we've ever had in the premier league. So for me they are no brainers. I selected Macca because he can play in a multiple of positions in that forward line, he had lots of pace and dribbling quality and scores goals.

So who would make your all time premier league XI?!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: What is your Liverpool all time premier league XI
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 05:53:53 PM »
Shame it's a Premiership era only team because we could have found a place for Jimmy Carter and Mark Walters on our flanks. I guess we'll have to do with Mark Kennedy instead then.  ;D
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.