September 23, 2017, 01:10:36 AM

Author Topic: Season 2015/16  (Read 46623 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Season 2015/16
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:56:29 PM »
I know it's not exactly 'kicked off', at least not in footballing terms, but I thought it best to get it up and running.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2015/16
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »
Good one Tes. Also good to see the forum back on.  :)
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »
Good one Tes. Also good to see the forum back on.  :)

We'd been hacked by Iranians. Bloody Manc or Chelsea supporting terrorists.  :D

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »
Nuke 'em I say!!!

Reckon we'll face another roller coaster season where part 1 will lead up to the sacking of The Brodge, and part 2 will be all about trying to pick the pieces up. Nothing new there then, right?
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:58:47 AM »

Arsenal fans do not rate Spurs new stadium, and take to photoshop.   :)

Thank goodness we did not build a default silver space-age soul-less spaceship stadium.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 05:18:57 PM »
So Henderson appointed new captain. Terrible decision by The Brodge. It took app. 3 minutes for my Manc mate to phone up and say "Yes!!!". As I said and will get reason to say again I reckon - upper half will be a major accomplishment this season.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 05:57:52 PM »
So Henderson appointed new captain. Terrible decision by The Brodge. It took app. 3 minutes for my Manc mate to phone up and say "Yes!!!". As I said and will get reason to say again I reckon - upper half will be a major accomplishment this season.

I would have thought his performances whilst wearing the armband would have confirmed he wasn't ready yet.

He reminded me of 'the curse of the England captaincy' in cricket, where by previously good and great players were shadows of their former selves whilst bearing the captaincy. Once relieved of it they'd return to their previous level.

Whilst hardly my favourite or favoured player, Skrtel was far more suitable and worthy. At this rate Joe Allen will be named vice captain. Hendo's probably the most 'lightweight' Liverpool captain, at least in my living memory.

Another huge step towards mediocrity, or maybe just confirmation that that particular destination has already been reached and Hendo's been charged with placing the flag there.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
I would have thought his performances whilst wearing the armband would have confirmed he wasn't ready yet.

He reminded me of 'the curse of the England captaincy' in cricket, where by previously good and great players were shadows of their former selves whilst bearing the captaincy. Once relieved of it they'd return to their previous level.

Whilst hardly my favourite or favoured player, Skrtel was far more suitable and worthy. At this rate Joe Allen will be named vice captain. Hendo's probably the most 'lightweight' Liverpool captain, at least in my living memory.

Another huge step towards mediocrity, or maybe just confirmation that that particular destination has already been reached and Hendo's been charged with placing the flag there.

Joe Allen is Vice Captain??????????????????? Dear lord almighty...that means he'll still be playing??? Where exactly in our midfield?
I'm hoping to wake up one day and realise that this was all a dream!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »
I thought Hendo was excellent in our title-chasing season.

And, do not forget, that today Hendo had the honour of sharing the front cover graphics, along with Messi, for the new FIFA 16 game, or whatever it is.  Important stuff, I think.
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »
And, do not forget, that today Hendo had the honour of sharing the front cover graphics, along with Messi, for the new FIFA 16 game, or whatever it is.  Important stuff, I think.

No doubt Brendan's seeing this as confirmation that his decision is justified.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »

Poetry!!! :-* Can I frame it in my office at work when I get back from the holidays?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »

He's improved season on season by and large, but I thought the captaincy weighed him down last season and there were times when he fell below his normal expected and capable level.

I'd rather he was free to concentrate on continuing his development and reaching the level, with a lot of hard work, that I think he can reach.

He's going to be unfairly compared to Gerrard, because of the position he plays.

Giving it to Skrtel, for example, changes the dynamic with a central defender being captain, and whilst that might draw compaisons to Sami, that's nothing in comparison to being compared to Gerrard.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:42:47 PM »
Poetry!!! :-* Can I frame it in my office at work when I get back from the holidays?

Feel free, Martin, though I'm not quite sure why.  :D

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »

FFS Dude mate. Here we are having had to withstand your vitrol towards Gerrard for a season or two. Whilst I agree he peaked some time back you cannot deny he's been a matchwinner of grade for years on end wearing the armband (and even before). What particular game of importance did Henderson win for us either by scoring or by leading the pack on? The only one I remember from his 3 full seasons with us is the trumping of Spurs away some 19 months ago. As was brilliantly put by Tes, if anything his appointment is the sign of mediocrity and lack of ambition. fornicating Rodgers is so lost it's unbelieveable really.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 10:44:55 PM »
Feel free, Martin, though I'm not quite sure why.  :D

Because of its sheer beauty?