December 14, 2019, 10:47:59 AM

Author Topic: Season 2015/16  (Read 197933 times)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2015/16
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »
From: Adam Lallana goal video: Liverpool playmaker nets against Brisbane with assist from new signing

http://www.fanatix.com/news/adam-lallana-goal-video-liverpool-playmaker-nets-against-brisbane-with-assist-from-new-signing/690414/

"Dimitri Petratos had broken the deadlock just after the quarter hour, taking advantage of some sloppy defending…"

I don't like change at my age, so it's comforting to know some things never change.  ;D

I guess a coach that even has the basics of defending in his skill set is something Rodgers still thinks is not needed.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »
From: Adam Lallana goal video: Liverpool playmaker nets against Brisbane with assist from new signing

http://www.fanatix.com/news/adam-lallana-goal-video-liverpool-playmaker-nets-against-brisbane-with-assist-from-new-signing/690414/

"Dimitri Petratos had broken the deadlock just after the quarter hour, taking advantage of some sloppy defending…"

I don't like change at my age, so it's comforting to know some things never change.  ;D

I guess a coach that even has the basics of defending in his skill set is something Rodgers still thinks is not needed.

On a more positive note, coming from one down to win 2-1 was something we completely lost for the best part of last season. If we regain the 'fight' and gain a 'refusal to lose' mentality, that in itself will be an improvement on last season, but that alone won't be enough to see us hit top 3.

Forget 4th place as it's only a qualifier for a qualifier. I hate the whole idea. A whole season's results riding on just 2 games, rendering those 38 irrelevant. Whatever happened to earning what you get and getting what you earn.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
Colin Pascoe was sacked as assistant manager while first-team coach Mike Marsh was also relieved of his duties at Anfield.

'I decided to make a change.  I had two fantastic guys, both Colin and Mike are great professionals and were very supportive."

'I just felt the need to move in a different direction and the decision was purely made by myself.

'The guys have integrated very well into the group and hopefully we can continue with that ambiance in our work.'

Thanks for posting that Bart.

Like Tes, I had not seen these words before you mentioned them.

Wow, I imagined that Brent had saved his job this summer, by going along woth FSG's demands for change.  Instead, the Brentmaster General himself admits firing his two assistants.

Wow, just wow.   This guy comes across as even nastier (and self-centred) that I had previously imagined.   

In my opinion, any one with any sense of decency or honour, would have walked this summer.  You most certainly would not have sacked your assistants......one of whom has been your mate and who you brought with you to the club.  I cannot think of any similar examples of such behaviour in the premiership. 

It would be fascinating to hear the private views of Colin Pascoe, re this summer's sacking.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »
On a more positive note, coming from one down to win 2-1 was something we completely lost for the best part of last season. If we regain the 'fight' and gain a 'refusal to lose' mentality, that in itself will be an improvement on last season, but that alone won't be enough to see us hit top 3.

agreed, Tes.

Although I think that never-say-die attitude was one inspired by Suarez.

Without his industry and attitude, we are back to our old normal ways.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
You most certainly would not have sacked your assistants......one of whom has been your mate and who you brought with you to the club.  I cannot think of any similar examples of such behaviour in the premiership. 

It would be fascinating to hear the private views of Colin Pascoe, re this summer's sacking.

The thing that really gets me Dude, is that this c%nt even had the audacity to come out in the media and confirm that the decision to part company with Pascoe and Marsh was his.  Who needs enemies when you gotta mate like Brendan!  What an utter w*nker!!!!

He is not fit for purpose, i.e. being manager of Liverpool FC.  He is an individual completely engrossed with himself.  Any decent human being would have walked away after that drumming we received at Stoke.  But not him!  It was all Pascoe and Marsh  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

They should make another 'Being Liverpool' and make sure that it's aired on Comedy Central!  Seriously, it would be hit!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »
The thing that really gets me Dude, is that this c%nt even had the audacity to come out in the media and confirm that the decision to part company with Pascoe and Marsh was his.  Who needs enemies when you gotta mate like Brendan!  What an utter w*nker!!!!

He is not fit for purpose, i.e. being manager of Liverpool FC.  He is an individual completely engrossed with himself.  Any decent human being would have walked away after that drumming we received at Stoke.  But not him!  It was all Pascoe and Marsh  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

They should make another 'Being Liverpool' and make sure that it's aired on Comedy Central!

:) :) :)

I agree.  But like we always said, when one has a mouth as big as Brendan's, sooner-or-later one's words come back to haunt you.

And by November, Brendan may be needing all the friends he can drum up, to get behind him, in the media.  Pascoe would I imagine by this point, be an ex-friend.

But to come out and admit that he did the firing.  That tells me something.  It tells me that Brendan is so far up FSG's posterior, that he is glad to come out and take fire off them.  He thinks it will mean that FSG see him in a glowing light.

On the contrary.  If I were FSG, I would think "What a sycophant we have here.  We tell him to jump and he squeals 'how high, boss?'.  What a crawler.  What a sc.u.mbag.  What an a.s.s.w.ipe, to do that to a friend.  If he does that to a close friend, what will he say behind our backs?"

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:42:35 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
FSG insisted upon the changes so I doubt they'd be thinking that.

FSG have given Brendan everything he wanted. Coaches and players. So there will be no excuses, no what ifs, no lack of clarification. Everything is transparent now.

Brendan wanted O'Driscoll we got him. Brendan wanted Clyne, Ings, Gomez, Milner, Firmino and Benteke. We've got them - well Benteke pending.

FSG never were going to sack Brendan - I did tell you all this - even after the shambles against Stoke - but they do want results and Brendan will not be given any further opportunity if he were to fail now.

BTW Tes you need to amend your signature  :P

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »
FSG insisted upon the changes.

well in that case, either Brenda or our owners are being efficient with the truth.

Brenda says: "'I decided to make a change......the decision was purely made by myself."

Yes, you called it right, Edward.

Our owners did indeed stick with their lemon.

And I called it wrong, re them looking as if they were fattening us for market.  I take my hat off to them, as well as the stadium expansion, they have pumped a lot of money into our transfer kitty this summer.

No excuses now, going forward, for the young man in the dugout. 

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 11:59:51 AM »
agreed, Tes.

Although I think that never-say-die attitude was one inspired by Suarez.

Without his industry and attitude, we are back to our old normal ways.

I agree Dude. Throughout last season you just had that feeling that more than we realised was down to Luis. He had that 'infectous' drive, work rate, absolute will to win, that has a way of dragging others along with it.

I'm clutching at straws a bit, I realise, and it is only a friendly, but after seeing our usual level of defending landing us a goal behind, after last season, it was nice to see us comeback and win the thing, friendly or not.

Desperate times, Dude, desperate times. I'm just hoping that the 11 shirts on the pitch can somehow fashion a winning way between themselves, as they're our only hope. I don't want my life long love of football and LFC eroded away by a bunch of shallow individuals and dirty, greedy moneygrabbers.
Whilst I admire what the owners are doing in terms of marketing, and getting on with the stadium side of things, their lack of understanding what's required on the football side, and more importantly, the lack of any evidence of them taking any of the required steps to change that knowledge vacuum, makes it hard to have realistic hope.

People can say what they want about Chelsea and City's owners, but they look like 'success' is a real driving force for them. Vanity project or not, success has to be the word associated with it. Of course they're throwing money at it that our owners don't have, but Abramovich is no 'American' when it comes to football and Mansour and Co have made the necessary appointments, and they too appear to understand what is required on the football side beyond merely buying players.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »
Milner is going to be our vice-captain. Makes sense to me personally.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:19 PM »
BTW Tes you need to amend your signature  :P

You were right, and there's the proof in lights.

I could always bring back the Balotelli one.  ;)

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »
And I called it wrong, re them looking as if they were fattening us for market. 

You could still be right, Dude. Selling with one stand built and the other all planned and passed would make a more appealing asset.

It may be unfair on Henry, but his interest in actually attending has all but disappeared. I don't follow American big bat rounders, but it would be interesting to know how many appearances he's put in there since he last showed his face at Anfield.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »
Milner is going to be our vice-captain. Makes sense to me personally.

Good move. Top pro, cool head, Sami-type role model. Hendo will need some guidance and Milner's exactly the sort to give it, and there's no 'being overlooked' grudge to bear either.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 01:47:03 PM »
My predicted league table:-

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Man City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Swansea
8. Stoke
9. West Ham
10. Southampton
11. Everton
12. Crystal Palace
13. Newcastle
14. WBA
15. Bournemouth
16. Norwich City
17. Sunderland
18. Aston Villa
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2015, 10:58:31 AM »
I am not even as optimistic as you, Edward.

Our owners have backed Rodgers to the hilt this summer.

It's his last throw of the dice.

But it's another summer, where he has brought in half a new team.

Going on what I witnessed in April and May, the dressing room looked to be in meltdown.   How do you take that rump of players, confidence non-existent, and add 5 or 6 new ones to it, and hope to get them gelling and competitive from the start.

This is the second summer, where he has made such wholesale changes.   When you are making that number of changes, as we enter the 4th year of his project, then there is something obviously wrong.

I think 6th or 7th, at best.

Most likely Rodgers to lose his job before Christmas.