October 14, 2019, 02:21:18 PM

Author Topic: Season 2015/16  (Read 157036 times)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2015/16
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2015, 04:36:22 PM »
I expect the mancs to win by 2 or 3 goals today. We'll give Martial a superb debut by giving him space and time on the ball. Rooney to score as well. Then one of their midfielders to finish us off. 3-0 or 4-1.

Brendan will then talk about the great character we showed in the game and that Lovren has great character and will come back from being thrown around pillar to post by the mancs.

Benteke will have no support and will look like a £3.5m player and Firmino will get thrown to the wolves and be out numbered.

We'll play two in the middle and wonder why they'll have an extra man in midfield.

Oh and we'll get one great chance but De Gea will pull off a great save. As per usual.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
I expect the mancs to win by 2 or 3 goals today. We'll give Martial a superb debut by giving him space and time on the ball. Rooney to score as well. Then one of their midfielders to finish us off. 3-0 or 4-1.

Brendan will then talk about the great character we showed in the game and that Lovren has great character and will come back from being thrown around pillar to post by the mancs.

Benteke will have no support and will look like a £3.5m player and Firmino will get thrown to the wolves and be out numbered.

We'll play two in the middle and wonder why they'll have an extra man in midfield.

Oh and we'll get one great chance but De Gea will pull off a great save. As per usual.

Looks like I'll be doing my good samaritan burglar bit on chez Edward too.

Depressingly obvious how these things go though isn't? It'll be a long Autumn and Winter if Rodgers is still at the helm of the HMS Anfield.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Martinmarx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »
As I said in May, a top 10 finish will be a tremendous achievement this season.

All I hope is this speed things up.
The modest Oracle of the Anfield Road Forum sometimes mistaken for Judas Iscariot.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
I was right - as I thought I would be.

I mean I don't know where to begin with that performance. I haven't the strength to muster my absolute disdain about it. All I'll say that it was disgraceful.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
That's 5 wins in 28 games against 'top four' clubs, that includes 2 wins against Moyes's United which should not count, also 2 wins when we were challenging for the title (otherwise 1 in 18 in the other 2 seasons)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2015, 12:09:29 PM »
I was right - as I thought I would be.

I really have to stop hacking Edward's account and posting stuff under his name.

:)
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Class.  ;D

I had to read it twice, then check the name three times. To give Edward his due, he's shown a greater degree of patience/hope/optimism than I've been able to muster for Rodgers.

:)

same here.

I cannot muster any motivation or hope either.

And as Edward says above, our record aganst top 4 teams is abysmal.....one win in 18 games (when we discount Moyes United games).  And when we play in Europe, he is also out-played.

It indicates that Rodgers, tactic-wise, is way way out of his depth.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »
Ancelotti or Klopp?

Or someone else?

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »
"Judge me after 3 years"  - Well I am - its time to go

Offline Gurdeep

• Established
  • Gurdeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »
Ancelotti or Klopp?

Or someone else?

Aye, Stevie G for Chief Executive, Director of Football, Chief Scout, Club Doctor, Head of Physio, Chief of Tactical Analysis and 1st team coach/manager 😘.

Once we have this in place all our worries will disappear 🙈🙈🙈
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence.!

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
Aye, Stevie G for Chief Executive, Director of Football, Chief Scout, Club Doctor, Head of Physio, Chief of Tactical Analysis and 1st team coach/manager 😘.

Once we have this in place all our worries will disappear 🙈🙈🙈

Does Carra get to be the kit man?

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2015, 03:15:24 PM »
There really is an inevitability about this season as there was about last season too.

It's pretty clear that our be-lated title challenge was 100% Suarez inspired, with his team mates being swept along with him.

How much influence did Rodgers have? I think it's pretty self evident.

We needed him to tighten the defence, as it would at some point be our undoing, and bring a bit of control and discipline - and we all know what his response was.

We can't defend, yet neither it seems, despite the amount of money spent on attacking talent over the last two Summers, can't we create chances and score goals. The further the squad has moved from what he inherited, the worse our performances have been.

I don't believe we have a poor squad, but we have a poorly utilised squad.

I don't think the axe will fall before November. It gives Rodgers time to demonstrate this is just a slow start (again) and that would be more than fair from the owners, but also gives time to sound out the replacement and not make hasty decisions - I imagine that process is under way already.

It shows the folly of not doing your apprenticeship as a manager.

My only worry is that they would go for a young up and comer, rather than someone with a track record. If FFP is to be relaxed, then it's vital we get experience and get back into, and cement our place in the Top Four before we're locked out forever. We don't have time for another learning curve.

Ancelotti ticks every box, including a proven successful track record in the Premier League and repeated success across a number of clubs and in different countries - the two things that count against Klopp.

Like some players, some managers just thrive at a certain club. Is Dortmund Klopp's perfect fit, or can he repeat that somewhere else?

De Boer's an outside bet. He looks like he's ready to grow as a manager, but it's that word 'potential' again.

I like everything about Ancelotti. He's the Italian Bobby Robson, and my feelings about him and the part he should have played in our club is well enough documented on here.

It's hard to see a case for any other manager and to feel confident that our club presents a big enough reason for any other suitable candidate to 'jump ship'.

I'm convinced about Guardiola's abilities, just not in the PL. There's Massimiliano Allegri at Juve, who's done wonders there, but despite reaching last season CL final, again I have my doubts about the PL.
Ancelotti's style of football has never been the typical Italian way, it's certainly not contemporary catenaccio, but then true catenaccio isn't quite the dull 1-0 shop shutting that has been associated with Italian teams.

So starts the exercise of summoning up some excitement for our next game, despite all the reasons to be the opposite. The one thing that allows it is my determination not to let Rodgers destroy all the emotions I've held dear about our club for all these decades.

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »
My, my, first page of the RAWK thread on United game reminds
me of the more cynical amongst us on the pre-Brendan appointment
debate. Seems they're over 3 years behind!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322898.0

Meanwhile, some easy fixtures coming up, so the course of the season should not
become apparent 'til the fixtures against Spurs, Everton and Chelsea (no doubt by
then scrambling back up the table with a point to prove by then) in October.

I think the fanbase need to be studying Everton in this early part of the season
and forgetting about the elite clubs. Everton provide a reasonable barometer in
terms of our progress.

The point being that the narcissism, delusion and subsequent hopelessness
stems from unsuitable comparisons with Arsenal, United, Chelsea and City.
We simply do not have the class of manager, resources or structures that those
clubs enjoy.

Everton are the club which provide a true measure of our reality. We should be
looking at things like their young centre-half and asking questions about how we
compare across the board.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »
There really is an inevitability about this season as there was about last season too.

It's pretty clear that our be-lated title challenge was 100% Suarez inspired, with his team mates being swept along with him.

How much influence did Rodgers have? I think it's pretty self evident.

We needed him to tighten the defence, as it would at some point be our undoing, and bring a bit of control and discipline - and we all know what his response was.

We can't defend, yet neither it seems, despite the amount of money spent on attacking talent over the last two Summers, can't we create chances and score goals. The further the squad has moved from what he inherited, the worse our performances have been.

I don't believe we have a poor squad, but we have a poorly utilised squad.

I don't think the axe will fall before November. It gives Rodgers time to demonstrate this is just a slow start (again) and that would be more than fair from the owners, but also gives time to sound out the replacement and not make hasty decisions - I imagine that process is under way already.

It shows the folly of not doing your apprenticeship as a manager.

My only worry is that they would go for a young up and comer, rather than someone with a track record. If FFP is to be relaxed, then it's vital we get experience and get back into, and cement our place in the Top Four before we're locked out forever. We don't have time for another learning curve.

Ancelotti ticks every box, including a proven successful track record in the Premier League and repeated success across a number of clubs and in different countries - the two things that count against Klopp.

Like some players, some managers just thrive at a certain club. Is Dortmund Klopp's perfect fit, or can he repeat that somewhere else?

De Boer's an outside bet. He looks like he's ready to grow as a manager, but it's that word 'potential' again.

I like everything about Ancelotti. He's the Italian Bobby Robson, and my feelings about him and the part he should have played in our club is well enough documented on here.

It's hard to see a case for any other manager and to feel confident that our club presents a big enough reason for any other suitable candidate to 'jump ship'.

I'm convinced about Guardiola's abilities, just not in the PL. There's Massimiliano Allegri at Juve, who's done wonders there, but despite reaching last season CL final, again I have my doubts about the PL.
Ancelotti's style of football has never been the typical Italian way, it's certainly not contemporary catenaccio, but then true catenaccio isn't quite the dull 1-0 shop shutting that has been associated with Italian teams.

So starts the exercise of summoning up some excitement for our next game, despite all the reasons to be the opposite. The one thing that allows it is my determination not to let Rodgers destroy all the emotions I've held dear about our club for all these decades.

Ancelotti is 56 so has a good 5 years of prime management left in him. However one suspects he wants to manage Italy after the euros. For sure he wants to manage Italy one day. Plus I doubt he'd come here. He'd have CL teams vying for him.

I too have reservations about Klopp. I like him and I love his passion and I feel that he can really put the passion back into the players and also the supporters. However my reservation on him is on how he'd cope with our infrastructure as he's been used to a different one in Dortmund.

De Boer for me would be a terrible appointment. His Ajax teams are useless in europe - so would not be an improvement on Brendan in that area.

Diego Simeone would be my dream appointment but they will never happen. He'd never leave Atletico for us. Guardiola would be another dream appointment but again a pipe dream.

If we were to sack Brendan the people in the running would be Klopp, Monk, Koeman, Blanc, Rudi Garcia.

I wouldn't be against appointing another young manager so long as he has a track record of knowing what area of the field needs improving and hasn't got a giant sized ego that he plays players ahead of others he didn't have a 100% hand in signing. For example Gary Monk. He hasn't won anything but in his short time at Swansea but he has proved that he has seen weaknesses in that team, can identify players that can make those weaknesses disappear. He also is able to change the way of playing to a different style to suit the team against various opposition. If playing more directly would be best he orders the team to do that. If ball retention is the order of the day then that too he'd ensure. He's already proven to be better than Michael Laudrup.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2015, 07:57:03 AM »
I wouldn't be against appointing another young manager so long as he has a track record of knowing what area of the field needs improving and hasn't got a giant sized ego that he plays players ahead of others he didn't have a 100% hand in signing. For example Gary Monk. He hasn't won anything but in his short time at Swansea but he has proved that he has seen weaknesses in that team, can identify players that can make those weaknesses disappear. He also is able to change the way of playing to a different style to suit the team against various opposition. If playing more directly would be best he orders the team to do that. If ball retention is the order of the day then that too he'd ensure. He's already proven to be better than Michael Laudrup.

are you serious, Edward?

Gary Monk?

young guy, manages Swansea for a season or two, resides in mid-table oblivion, but has a nice media savvy image, says the right things to the right folk, but never wins anything.

thinking back three years, did anyone else have a similar profile and was also recommended by you?

Life is all about learning from our mistakes. 

Monk would be the final nail in our coffin.  A Monk would be conducting our funeral.