October 21, 2019, 09:30:54 PM

Author Topic: Season 2015/16  (Read 167103 times)

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
  • that rug really tied the room together
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2015/16
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »
it's half-time.

decent enough first half.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

There’s no next time. It’s now or never.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
Dude, we're small, but perfectly formed.

I haven't been around much as I've been spending quite a lot of time at my parents' looking after them, as Mum had a full knee replacement recently, but in a few more weeks things should be back to normal.

hi Tes.  I hope your mum is ok.

yes, with no Martin, and you and me only sporadically here, things are very quiet here of late.

In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was, in me, an invincible summer.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »
our two Brazilians (Firminho and Countinho) are really starting to develop a very impressive understanding.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:39:14 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »
I seem to recall some numpty harping on about the
need to rebuild before his departure.

No, we just needed a decent manager with heart and ambition!

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
we do need several new players in, to take us to a new level.

but, isn't it amazing when you have a top manager in, the clear and obvious difference (between a good one, and an average one).

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:43:34 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Ed

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 21, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
but, isn't it amazing when you have a top manager in, the clear and obvious difference (between a good one, and an average one).
Dude, I recall you nailing it several years ago, Rodgers as a David O' Leary type.

All I know now is that it feels like LFC for the first time in ages. I'm enjoying it  :)

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 21, 2015, 08:43:29 PM »
Have had worse nights...........

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 21, 2015, 08:57:44 PM »
Dude, I recall you nailing it several years ago, Rodgers as a David O' Leary type.

All I know now is that it feels like LFC for the first time in ages. I'm enjoying it  :)

yes, Ed, Rodgers was too in love with himself and his words.   Those (like O'Leary and Rodgers) who keep boasting how humble they are, to anyone that will listen, are not very smart.

Yes, Ed, great set of away results at Chelsea and now City.   Just imagine when we get in a few top players, to take us to a new level.  People like Allen and Lallanha will, I suspect, be moved on. 

Great to see Firminho find his feet.  He looks a class act.  And a great understanding developing between him and his Brazilian mate, Continho.   Mind you, City's scouts will have been at the game today, eyeing Continho.   :)

Lovren actually had a decent game today. 

We know we can play on the counter attack, even with a limited number of scorers.  But the key now will be to get the tactics that can enable us to win at Anfield.

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »
Sterling, you took a pounding today!

I'll get me coat.

Offline barticus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2015, 09:42:44 AM »
We were pretty awesome yesterday. Full credit to Klopp for having the guts to leave Sturridge and Benteke on the bench. Firmino and Coutinho worked wonders.
Leaving both strikers on the bench will also make them think a bit. That they're no longer guaranteed a starting place.
With a few quality additions like Lewandoski and Reus we'd slaughter a lot of teams. Can but dream, but at least i'm dreaming again.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »
With Klopp, reputations and price tags are meaningless. Which is great.

I agree with you, Dude. Lallana's on borrowed time unless he improves both the level of his 'best' performance and consistency at reproducing it.

He neither creates or scores enough to warrant a place in the first team.

It's amazing how the manager having faith in all his players can make a huge difference, and none of them are his buys.
Don't make the same mistake twice, there's plenty of new ones to choose from.

Those who choose to preach would do well to take note of their own sermons.

Offline Edward224

• Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 22, 2015, 10:36:45 PM »
Lallana was excellent yesterday though.

Interview after the game - Klopp drops the F bomb   :D

https://streamable.com/3e5h

Offline the dude abides

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2015, 10:52:03 PM »
With Klopp, reputations and price tags are meaningless. Which is great.

I agree with you, Dude. Lallana's on borrowed time unless he improves both the level of his 'best' performance and consistency at reproducing it.

He neither creates or scores enough to warrant a place in the first team.

It's amazing how the manager having faith in all his players can make a huge difference, and none of them are his buys.

agreed, Tes.

Within only weeks of being here, he has turned around a group of players who previously couldn't beat up an egg, to beating Chelsea and City away from home. 

As Bart says above, with our two Brazilians so prolific, Sturridge and Benteke will now know they are not the be and end all.

Llahana needs to step up this season.  He's late 20s, he should be at his peak.  Milner also is a player that brings very little, beyond hard work, to the party.  If his ghastly pass-back error had led to a goal yesterday, we may have been looking at a very different result yesterday.   And as for Allen, I suspect Klopp alrady has his mind made up on him.

Just imagine when Henderson gets back.  We have badly missed him.  He will take our midfield to another level.

Such a shame that Klopp was not brought in early summer.    If he had had a summer to bring in some players, we may well have had a chance at the league.

Heck, I still have not ruled us out yet, from putting in a run for the title this season.    If only we can get our home tactics sorted, we are as good as anyone in this division.  We were , in so fiercely attacking the ball yesterday, looking like Dortmund.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:54:08 PM by the dude abides »

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
agreed, Tes.

Within only weeks of being here, he has turned around a group of players who previously couldn't beat up an egg, to beating Chelsea and City away from home. 

As Bart says above, with our two Brazilians so prolific, Sturridge and Benteke will now know they are not the be and end all.

Llahana needs to step up this season.  He's late 20s, he should be at his peak.  Milner also is a player that brings very little, beyond hard work, to the party.  If his ghastly pass-back error had led to a goal yesterday, we may have been looking at a very different result yesterday.   And as for Allen, I suspect Klopp alrady has his mind made up on him.

Just imagine when Henderson gets back.  We have badly missed him.  He will take our midfield to another level.

Such a shame that Klopp was not brought in early summer.    If he had had a summer to bring in some players, we may well have had a chance at the league.

Heck, I still have not ruled us out yet, from putting in a run for the title this season.    If only we can get our home tactics sorted, we are as good as anyone in this division.  We were , in so fiercely attacking the ball yesterday, looking like Dortmund.

Interestingly, Leicester are top with the lowest points total for a first placed team after 13 games in the history of the PL.
We're only just over a third through the season, so if we can keep improving we may just get into the top four.
I think there's a group of 6 or 7 after 5 European spots and depending on how the likes of Leicester, Palace and West Ham last the course, that number swells. The difference between the Mancs, Arsenal and the rest of us, is that so far both teams have kept picking points without being that great.

Even if we have to grind out 1-0s at home to collect the points, it doesn't matter, until Klopp's had a chance to get rid of a few that potentially hold us back and bring in some pace throughout the squad and get in a few players of his choosing.

It would be exciting if he could bring in a few lesser knowns, and also promote from the U-21s, and develop players into top class ones like he did at Dortmund.

Offline Tes

• Too old to be a
  • Veteran
  • I hate defending
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »

There's a feeling that things are 'possible' rather than seeing the difference between reality and Rodger's version of it, and know we'll be going nowhere fast as long is the status quo remains.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the next two windows are going to work.